Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: The Stones’ Some Girls Super Deluxe Box Set is a Disappointment – a comment to Mr. Jagger
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:17

Gazza
[/quote]
They really should have included the Fort Worth show as part of the CD/DVD package instead of forcing you to buy it separately. .[/quote]

Then it would have been great. I got it but I can understand some criticism

Re: The Stones’ Some Girls Super Deluxe Box Set is a Disappointment – a comment to Mr. Jagger
Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:34

What is on the bonus DVD?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:41

well then its a good thing i am only interested in the DVD anyway

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:08

tomcat2006
I'm really loving the extra songs beyond the original Some Girls release.... it sounds naturally great.... wonderful to hear. Thank you and goodnight.

....that's exactly what i think. It sounds like them. This is the best record they have given us in a long time.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:15

Rolling Hansie
Got my box in the mail today. And it's beautiful

coincidentally (not really I guess), mine is scheduled to be delivered today as well.

They're taking their time!

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 04:12

I bought the two cd package and the concert blu ray with CD.

Like Gazza says, why pay that much for a repop vinyl single and a few cards and a useless dvd (if you buy the concert anyway it's useless)

By the way, I love the new/old songs. I would say that I don't like any single song MORE than Plundered My Soul but as a whole I like the Some Girls outtakes much better than the Exile ones.

The new songs, to me, work as an album and every song is pretty good making it a pretty damn strong album.

I guess I'm happy I got a great new Stones album but a bit worried that they had to go to the graveyard with a shovel and dig up old stuff to make one.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 05:17

Well as a collector the deluxe box set is fantastic. It is beautifully done, far better than the Exile box. For one the book. The book is fantastic and any fan of graphic art will love all the prep drawings for the cover. Wonderful. Sorry some folks don't like it, but man, I think it is beautiful.

Date: November 24, 2011 05:23

whitem8
Well as a collector the deluxe box set is fantastic. It is beautifully done, far better than the Exile box. For one the book. The book is fantastic and any fan of graphic art will love all the prep drawings for the cover. Wonderful. Sorry some folks don't like it, but man, I think it is beautiful.

I for one agree this is going to be a rip off...yet I'm still looking forward to it...supposed to be delivered tonight!

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: November 24, 2011 05:49

:two thumbs up: to the OP

Date: November 24, 2011 20:16

What is on the bonus DVD? Is there any way to buy it withoug getting the $150 Some Girls set?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: November 24, 2011 20:47

mickjagger1009
What is on the bonus DVD? Is there any way to buy it withoug getting the $150 Some Girls set?

First of all, don't spend $150, as it can be had for only 62 GBP's from Amazon's UK website, amazon.co.uk (about $100, including shipping).

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 05:35

treaclefingers
mickjagger1009

First of all, don't spend $150, as it can be had for only 62 GBP's from Amazon's UK website, amazon.co.uk (about $100, including shipping).

The bonus DVD is useless. It contains 2-3 songs from the Live in Texas 78 DVD release. In other words, it's a $150 commercial for the concert DVD.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 25, 2011 05:45

For the record the DVD also contains the videos for "Respectable", "Far Away Eyes" & "Miss You".

Date: November 25, 2011 10:52

KeefintheNight82
treaclefingers
mickjagger1009

The bonus DVD is useless. It contains 2-3 songs from the Live in Texas 78 DVD release. In other words, it's a $150 commercial for the concert DVD.

The book is worth it alone

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 25, 2011 10:57

DandelionPowderman

The book is really beautiful indeed. Also nice to see that our IORR friend Matt Lee is given credit in the book. Congratulations Matt.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 25, 2011 11:23

DandelionPowderman
KeefintheNight82
treaclefingers
mickjagger1009

Don't know if the book is worth it. But the Bonus DVD contains, apart from the concert clips, the original videos for Respectable, Faraway Eyes and Miss You.
In total 30 mins.

Date: November 25, 2011 20:40

I love the video to Miss You and always wish I could have a high quality DVD of it. I don't know if its worth paying an extra $100 to have it, but...

So is there any other way to get just that bonus DVD?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 25, 2011 20:46

Did I say already that I love the new tracks we have now?
It's a real upgrade from the bootleg.
It makes a lot of sense to buy the superdeluxe. If we all do that they'll put out more, as others have remarked.
It must be about the money. If it's not about that, then there is no sense to it. smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 25, 2011 20:51

Whale
It must be about the money. If it's not about that, then there is no sense to it. smiling smiley

Oh come on; I bet Jagger think it's a bit of fun in doing such a project, as well

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 25, 2011 22:29

'Misty Roads', 'Fiji Jim' and 'I need you'...R.I.P. sad smiley

Date: November 25, 2011 22:58

KRiffhard

no way...stay tooned for tattoo you II.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 25, 2011 23:57

treaclefingers
KRiffhard

I hope so...but i doubt it eye rolling smiley
The only thing i'm sure is that there are many good outtakes for a great new album: It's all wrong, Not the way to go, Lonely at the top, Dancing Girls, Misty Roads, Fiji Jim, I need You, Chainsaw Rocker, She never listen to me...... without considering those that none of us know!

Date: November 26, 2011 04:11

KRiffhard
treaclefingers
KRiffhard

I hope so...but i doubt it eye rolling smiley
The only thing i'm sure is that there are many good outtakes for a great new album: It's all wrong, Not the way to go, Lonely at the top, Dancing Girls, Misty Roads, Fiji Jim, I need You, Chainsaw Rocker, She never listen to me...... without considering those that none of us know!

It's micks 'safety net', holding back several partially done songs from various eras in the presumption that he won't be relying on KR for material in the future.

Date: November 27, 2011 12:07

Whale
the original videos for Respectable, Faraway Eyes and Miss You.

On my copy the sound and images or not in synch. Looks weird. Mick opening his mouth and the sound being a bit later. Anyone else with this problem ?

-------------------

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 27, 2011 12:13

Rolling Hansie
Whale
On my copy the sound and images or not in synch. Looks weird. Mick opening his mouth and the sound being a bit later. Anyone else with this problem ?

Maybe you are sitting too far away from the TV? Light travels faster than sound

edit: no seriously, that sounded very disappointing....strange if there's any differnce between your pressing and all the others

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-27 12:15 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 27, 2011 12:15

LOL Erik. Thanks for the advice, but no, that's not it.

-------------------

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 27, 2011 12:44

Well I went and bought it, after saying I wouldn't. Aside from it's lack of content (missed opportuniy as such) It's a beautiful box. Much better than the previous issues, as some iorr posters have already said. My copy also has the DVD synchro problem. Maybe it's the PAL region problem that I read about in a different post?

Date: November 27, 2011 13:45

Thanks frankotero

-------------------

Date: November 27, 2011 14:37

Erik_Snow
Rolling Hansie
Whale

Maybe you are sitting too far away from the TV? Light travels faster than sound

edit: no seriously, that sounded very disappointing....strange if there's any differnce between your pressing and all the others

The promo videos are not in sync. Looks like a VHS-rip, too.

Date: November 27, 2011 14:58

Thanks for the explanations.
So, I'm Not The Only One ....

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home