Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The next archive releases ...could it be ??
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:50

With 5 more archive releases due in the 50th anniversary year, could it be one for each decade ??

One each for the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s ??

That would be sublime.

Re: The next archive releases ...could it be ??
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:54

Carnegie Hall 1964 / Athens 1967 / Detroit 1969
Vancouver 1972 / Honolulu 1973 / El Mocambo 1977
Rotterdam 1982 / 100 club 1986 / Philadelphia 1989
Munich 1990 / Paradiso Amsterdam 1995
Belgrade 2007

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:55

Honestman made a thread about it here.... [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:58

Erik_Snow
Honestman made a thread about it here.... [www.iorr.org]

You are right Erik. Like you asked before, before posting, first use the search-option

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:02

Wait and see... Listen the new releases. Take some good time, have drink and avoid an ulcer thinking what will be the next one.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:47

aprilfool
Wait and see... Listen the new releases. Take some good time, have drink and avoid an ulcer thinking what will be the next one.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:51

Thank you to all of you who responded to my thread.
However, you all missed the point.
My post refers not to WHICH concerts might be released but to the plan the Stones are now following.
Because one thing is for sure..........the Stones know exactly how to play the marketing/media game and make money, so they must have a long term strategy for their archive material which is only just starting.

As far as I can see there has not been any other thread about this strategy.
(but apologies if I have missed it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 00:52 by Kingbeebuzz.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:03

This is a little off topic, apologies, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask. And I'm sure it's been asked (probably 100) but glancing around I'm not finding it, but is there any word on when the next one is coming out? The only thing I know is what it said on the Google Music site about "more to come in the following months". I would imagine there probably isn't a set date for the next one or I would have seen something, but it can't hurt to ask. To be honest I have enough Stones on my plate right now to keep me happy, but the suspense on when/what will be next is killing me.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:09

San Jose '99...........last show of the No Security Tour....the last 2 recorded and professionally filmed by The Stones. When it sees the light it will be awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 01:10 by onestep.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:15

It seems sublime, this topic. What's next? smiling bouncing smiley I love it! Sorry if I miss the point. I'm just excited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 01:17 by Lil' Brian.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: November 21, 2011 01:26

Marketing Strategie?

Look what TRS are doing:

- More Deluxe Editions with bonus stuff by Universal Music
- Five more live concerts (radioshows, BBC-tapes, etc.) from the stonesarchive by Universal Music
- Some sampler and video

- Some live concerts/soundtracks and dokuments (DVDs + CDs) by Eagle Rock

- Some live acts in 2012

Let It Loose!
smoking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 21, 2011 03:37

Detroit '75 will be one of the next releases. Mark my words!

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 21, 2011 05:15

Don't care for anything from '89-present, there's enough of that already available. Would love something epic from '75, '69, '72, and the Brian Jones era.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2011 06:59

Why? Does Atlantic City '89 suck? Weren't there any interesting Urban Jungle gigs? I'd love to see the vid of No Security.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: November 21, 2011 12:02

NoCode0680
This is a little off topic, apologies, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask. And I'm sure it's been asked (probably 100) but glancing around I'm not finding it, but is there any word on when the next one is coming out? The only thing I know is what it said on the Google Music site about "more to come in the following months". I would imagine there probably isn't a set date for the next one or I would have seen something, but it can't hurt to ask. To be honest I have enough Stones on my plate right now to keep me happy, but the suspense on when/what will be next is killing me.

I haven't been reading every single post here as others might have, but so far I've seen no official release dates for the next few to come! thumbs up

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 21, 2011 12:10

I have no idea what their strategy is but I think it would be strange if each live concert had largely the same tracks.I think it might be more around famous concerts at least among their fan base eg, Marquee Club, El Mocambo

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:11

i would imagine that detroit '78 show that's on wolfgang's vaults will be among the next five...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:28

a fine '99 show would be sublime...

and a DVD from then..
'99 was a very good Stones year IMO.

cool smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:32

Rotterdam 1973 and I wouldn't mind at all

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:50

I'd hope they would release live material from tours that have not been given the official treatment before. That rules out 1969/73/81+82 for starters (pity as Hampton is worthy as is the Oz 73 tour). My preference would be for them to dust off the unreleased 72 live album for starters or release a complete MSG 72.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:15

I'm certain that one release will be a complete '81 show, as there were many recorded and even available on Wolfgang. Still Life is a very skimpy document. '75 at the Forum would be another contender. Maybe a full '95 club show like the Paradiso, as professionally recorded for Stripped. El Mocambo would be a buzzy choice, so maybe that one. Leeds makes some sense, but I doubt the very next download will feature Mick Taylor. I doubt there will be anything from the sixties. Ya-Ya's covers 1969 and I don't think they'll be working with ABKCO on this. I doubt any of the earlier radio broadcasts (Honolulu, Paris, Sydney) exist in any sort of multi-track and they won't release them as is, even as downloads. That's what bootlegs and the Internet are for, and Mick knows it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:28

the problem with el mocambo is that the four trax they released feature heavy ovedubs...so what would they do with a full-show? send the gang in to the studio to keep it on a par with those trax? could be problematic...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 02:05

StonesTod
the problem with el mocambo is that the four trax they released feature heavy ovedubs...so what would they do with a full-show? send the gang in to the studio to keep it on a par with those trax? could be problematic...

Right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home