Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 17, 2011 18:54

Mathijs
LieB
micwer
Wasn't Jagger saying "this one is called Doo Doop Doo Doo" before Heartbreaker on the bootleg? It strangely disappeared on the new MP3 version.

It's probably because the one on the common bootleg is from London, while this newly released one is most likely from Brussels 2nd show (previously not circulating in soundboard quality).

They didn't play Heartbreaker after Glascow.

Mathijs

Well...checked with all versions we have available, and this Heartbreaker version is new to us. And, as the track saw quite some development during the tour, it could very well be possible that this is Brussels 2nd.

Mathijs

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 17, 2011 18:58

Mathijs
Aha, I was wrong, but still noted something different. There is a version of ADTL where Keith cuts out, and Taylor tries to continue the rhythm guitar. But that's not Brussel 2nd. What does happen on Brussel 2nd is that Taylor starts the solo, but apparently breaks a string or something, as he stops the solo after a couple of bars, only to return when Jagger starts singing.

On this new release they used the solo of Taylor from the first show!

Mathijs
One would think it would've been easier to just pick a properly played version to begin with. But it's nice to hear that they've been working with the material and not just officially releasing the KBFH-mixes (and with "working with" I don't mean overdubs or bad edits). I'd love to read some liner notes about the mixing and master process, with comments about the track selections, etc. As usual the Stones camp don't really bother much with stuff like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 19:04 by LieB.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:00

Technical help needed: How do I get this from Google Music into ITunes or burn a CD from Google Music? Thanks!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:01

Absolutely GREAT!!!!

C

Date: November 17, 2011 19:02

Mathijs
Mathijs
LieB
micwer
Wasn't Jagger saying "this one is called Doo Doop Doo Doo" before Heartbreaker on the bootleg? It strangely disappeared on the new MP3 version.

It's probably because the one on the common bootleg is from London, while this newly released one is most likely from Brussels 2nd show (previously not circulating in soundboard quality).

Mathijs

Well...checked with all versions we have available, and this Heartbreaker version is new to us. And, as the track saw quite some development during the tour, it could very well be possible that this is Brussels 2nd.

Mathijs
Ok. According to setlist.fm, they played it on Brussels 2nd show. But I don't know how reliable that source is. I don't have much time to google for more info right at the moment. Isn't there an audience recording of that show somewhere?

[www.setlist.fm]

Date: November 17, 2011 19:03

LieB
Mathijs
Aha, I was wrong, but still noted something different. There is a version of ADTL where Keith cuts out, and Taylor tries to continue the rhythm guitar. But that's not Brussel 2nd. What does happen on Brussel 2nd is that Taylor starts the solo, but apparently breaks a string or something, as he stops the solo after a couple of bars, only to return when Jagger starts singing.

On this new release they used the solo of Taylor from the first show!

Mathijs
One would think it would've been easier to just pick a properly played version to begin with. But it's nice to hear that they've been working with the material and not just officially releasing the KBFH-mixes. I'd love to read some liner notes about the mixing and master process, with comments about the track selections, etc. As usual the Stones camp don't really bother much with stuff like that.

The quote is that all material is from both Brussels shows. Fascinating that they played Heartbreaker on the second show, and we didn't know about that!

But it remains a bit of a mistery to me why they choose to release the second show over the first, as the second show really isn't on any par with the first. I haven't heard that many mistakes by Charlie and that many out of tune guitars by Richards in a decade!

Maybe Jagger thought 'well, they have the first show, if we want to make money we got to release the second show'.

Mathijs

Date: November 17, 2011 19:10

71Tele
Technical help needed: How do I get this from Google Music into ITunes or burn a CD from Google Music? Thanks!

When I bought it it downloade to my hard drive as FLAC.

Mathijs

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:12

LieB
"The Rolling Stones are proud to announce the launch of www.StonesArchive.com where international fans will be able to buy their 1973 lost live album "The Brussels Affair", have access to exclusive sleevenotes, view limited edition photos, films and rare merchandise. Fans will be able to purchase exclusive merchandise, lithographs & deluxe box sets."

Seems to be what we've been waiting for all these years. And the Brussels Affair is a great thing to open it up with! I for one am hoping for some rare stuff, like 1970 live shows and lesser known '72 and '73 recordings (what about Sydney and Perth).

It will probably show up on Pirate Bay sooner or later. I don't wanna finance Google taking over the world, but I'd definitely pay $9 to encourage more live releases of this kind.

Yes an official site dedicated to the the Archives is a MAJOR new !! So please true fans do not torrent or download this and pay for it. You will enjoy the show. I do

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:31

71Tele

In Google Music, to the right of each track name, an arrow is visible, hover over that and there are several options available, one of them being "Save Song To My Computer"....and voila...the mp3's are downloaded to your computer and you can then burn the mp3's on a disc to play through your stereo.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:38

Wow! Great news. Bought a few of my favorite tracks. Looking forward to the next releases. Hopefully more from the 69-73 era. Lots more.

Date: November 17, 2011 19:38

Mathijs
The quote is that all material is from both Brussels shows. Fascinating that they played Heartbreaker on the second show, and we didn't know about that!

But it remains a bit of a mistery to me why they choose to release the second show over the first, as the second show really isn't on any par with the first. I haven't heard that many mistakes by Charlie and that many out of tune guitars by Richards in a decade!

Maybe Jagger thought 'well, they have the first show, if we want to make money we got to release the second show'.

Mathijs

Yeah, highly possible. Or -- less likely -- they were lazy and assumed, without comparing the shows, that the second would be better and the first one too loose and sloppy. Only this time it was the complete opposite.

But as we know, they did dozens of tight gigs on that tour, so if they wanted to release new material, they could easily have picked the best tracks from almost any show in Germany, Britain, Scandinavia, etc. for a very professional sounding record. Maybe they weren't easily available and they didn't bother with it. (One would think that Mick & Keith, if they didn't want to be bothered themselves, could've hired some other geek to do the research and do it well -- I'm sure Andy Johns would have loved the job.)

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:41

Just tried to purchase the FLAC files from the StonesArchiveStore site and it would not complete the order BECAUSE I AM IN THE US! WTF!!!!

I talked to customer service and they confirmed that US residents are not eligible to purchase the FLAC files from this site.

How hard is ecommerce?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:48

This is fantastic news ! I'm glad they didn't release "just the 1st show" as it wouldn't be anything new there - but that they mixed it together with the 2nd show.....despite of it being a somewhat poorer performance. Now; if I only found out how to download this thing......can't hardly wait

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 19:54 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:49

Yet another reason I can't wait to get home from work! Living vicariously through you all is not working! Hopefully by 8:00 EST I'll be home downloading this. Tick Toc Tick Toc.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 17, 2011 19:51

Mathijs
LieB
micwer

Mathijs

No that's not really correct, Mathijs; they did Heartbreaker in Hamburg, Copenhagen and Rotterdam. At least those places comes to mind, at once - as "late Heartbreaker shows". Maybe even more shows....let me check

Date: November 17, 2011 19:55

The 50 anniversary tour engines are warming up ..I think....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:57

Listening now... INCREDIBLE!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:07

emotionalbarbecue
The 50 anniversary tour engines are warming up ..I think....

I AGREE thumbs up

sc uk

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:14

Erik_Snow
...Now; if I only found out how to download this thing......can't hardly wait

Agreed it'a big mess, and my mistake If I haven't read too fast...
I've purchased the FLAC files and they send me the link...but it doesn't work as I'm outside the US pfff...angry smiley so let's hope they won't charge me, I've sent them a message, waitin' now for the answer.
Anyone here got the same trouble ?
Thanks

HMN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:25

Honestman
Erik_Snow

I've purchased the FLAC files and they send me the link...but it doesn't work as I'm outside the US pfff...angry smiley so let's hope they won't charge me, I've sent them a message, waitin' now for the answer.
Thanks

Errr...no,I realized fortunately early enough that it is not available outside U.S yet...
Even an offered free download of whatever content doesn´t work...

Date: November 17, 2011 20:25

Honestman
Erik_Snow

Thanks

That's strange; I'm downloading right now - I'm at over 90% allready.
I went to the link posted here - the link that showed both MP3 and FLAC being an option. So....for sure, us in Europe can download this.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:27

wonder if "deluxe boxed sets" means both the 1st and 2d show will be available . . .

Seems CDs will be coming.

Date: November 17, 2011 20:27

shortfatfanny
Honestman
Erik_Snow

Thanks

Errr...no,I realized fortunately early enough that it is not available outside U.S yet...

No, this is not the case, shortfatfanny. It's absolutely available. At least for me....in norway.
I used this link: [www.stonesarchivestore.com]
....paid 9 dollars, and am 95% up to FLAC heaven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 20:28 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 17, 2011 20:33

Erik_Snow

No, this is not the case, shortfatfanny. It's absolutely available. At least for me....in norway.

Hi again Erik

Used the same link as yours, do what you did , when I try to click on DOWNLOAD NOW,
a new window is tryin' to start and it's a blank page????
I'm using Firefox, I've also tried woth IE and still failed....

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 20:34 by Honestman.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:34

Erik_Snow
shortfatfanny
Honestman
Erik_Snow

Thanks

Then I´m confused...didn´t work for me on this free download,and for Honestman as well,and he paid for the whole...strange.confused smiley
But I´m happy,it worked for you,Erik....enjoy smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:35

This is simply amazing! No other way to put it! Now to find out which songs are exactly from which shows.

Date: November 17, 2011 20:35

Yeah SFF and btw HI it's been a whilewinking smiley

Don't know what's goin' on

HMN

Date: November 17, 2011 20:37

shortfatfanny
Erik_Snow
shortfatfanny
Honestman
Erik_Snow

Thanks

Then I´m confused...didn´t work for me on this free download,and for Honestman as well,and he paid for the whole...strange.confused smiley
But I´m happy,it worked for you,Erik....enjoy smoking smiley

Thanks; I'm happy for me as well....but it's a shame that you don't get to download it. There's gotta be some kind of thing you did, which should had been done different. Did you "register" at the stonesarchivestore, like I did? It only took 5 seconds.
And oh yes...it's working; starting to listen......snare drum rolls....*now* - whoo he whoo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-17 20:37 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 17, 2011 20:39

Erik_Snow
... Did you "register" at the stonesarchivestore, like I did? It only took 5 seconds.
And oh yes...it's working; starting to listen......snare drum rolls....*now* - whoo he whoo!

Yep I did exactly what you did, but the lucky guy isn't mecool smiley

HMN

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: November 17, 2011 20:43

Just downloaded the Flac-version, converted it and burned to CD.
Has anyone found a higher resolution version of the cover? I wanna print it out and use it as cover.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home