Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:31

Mathijs
toomuchforme

Gimme shelter must be from the 1st show. It is not the same as on Timeless or lost Brussels vgp.

On all boots Gimme Shelter is either from Brussels first, or London 9/9/9. On this new release Gimme Shelter is Brussels 2nd show.

Mathijs

Yes i inverted

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 18, 2011 23:50

phd
toomuchforme
the 5 shows could be

- one from 70 (Paris because Europe 1 radio has some @#$%& great masters) or 71 as this tour is not officially documented
- a 75 show would be great : LA (I like "welcome to the chinese restaurant" which is 9 july) or the one with Clapton
- 77 El Mocambo unreleased parts ?
- Hampton 81. Yes we have some kind of perfect boots but what about a new mix too ? or a 82 show after all as it is poorly documented.
- Atlantic City 89 of course or feb 26,90

Are you sure about 1970 in Palais des Sports in Paris. My first ever 3 concerts. I have excerpts them on a tape from Europe 1 radio. Could be great. Should sound like Live as you'll ever be. Great if true. Thanks for the hope.

Philippe, en 95 Francois Jouffa a diffusé une interview de Johnny Halliday sur place avec en fond BB KING sur scène et Brown Sugar en intégral avec un son nickel. Je l'ai enregistré. Je mets la main dessus demain et Je te l'envoie.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:56

Just got the Google music news.

Damn I hate being on dial-up.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:36

jpasc95
tu y étais phd ?
Bon sang, comme j'aurais aimé y être
Hey, keep it in english, please, so we all can participate.
Imagine me posting something important in swedish, you would´nt get that, right?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:25

toomuchforme
phd
toomuchforme
the 5 shows could be

- one from 70 (Paris because Europe 1 radio has some @#$%& great masters) or 71 as this tour is not officially documented
- a 75 show would be great : LA (I like "welcome to the chinese restaurant" which is 9 july) or the one with Clapton
- Hampton 81. Yes we have some kind of perfect boots but what about a new mix too ? or a 82 show after all as it is poorly documented.

Are you sure about 1970 in Palais des Sports in Paris. My first ever 3 concerts. I have excerpts them on a tape from Europe 1 radio. Could be great. Should sound like Live as you'll ever be. Great if true. Thanks for the hope.

Philippe, en 95 Francois Jouffa a diffusé une interview de Johnny Halliday sur place avec en fond BB KING sur scène et Brown Sugar en intégral avec un son nickel. Je l'ai enregistré. Je mets la main dessus demain et Je te l'envoie.

This great sounding Brown Sugar from 23/09/1970 can be found as bonus track on the second edition of VGP-083 (The Royal Dragon).
I once had the chance to hear other excerpts of this show in the same quality so I know the whole show exists in this quality.
It would make sense to release this unknown gem through www.stonesarchivestore.com !

I'd also be very pleased to get this :
- Something from 1975
- El Mocambo 1977
- Hampton 19/12/1981 (as it seems it was even better than the night before)
- Wembley 16/07/1995 (It was mentionned at the stadium entrance that the concert was taped - for the BBC ? - but it hasn't surfaced 'til now. The gig was oustanding !)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 01:31 by 999.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:42

mrfancyman
Adams
[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

ha, available in lossless as well, effing great!!!!

OK, then we just have to wait when there will be a torrent I think.
I think tonight there will be one probably....

On the demon (sorry if already posted elsewhere). Too bad, I'd gladly pay for flac.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:55

Why on earth did they not offer FLAC files to U.S. residents? That's totally pissed me off. I'm glad SOMEBODY gets it in lossless, but I would have gladly paid a bit more if I'd had the option for FLAC files.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 19, 2011 03:15

Tumbling_Dice_07 -- Yeah, that's ridiculous. If I was in the US, I'd buy the mp3 version, then find the flac edition illegaly. (Send me a mail and I'll give ya the flacs if you can't find 'em elsewhere.)

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 19, 2011 03:33

So, I've just listened through the whole record and I love it. I'm really happy they gave us most of the 2nd show and not just the old bootleg. I do agree that the afternoon show is a better performance overall, but this is every bit as enjoyable, especially on the first listen. Many of the previously unreleased 2nd show tracks -- especially the GHS songs -- are almost as great as the ones we're used to. Even when they're sloppy they're lovely. Midnight Rambler is absolutely glorious of course.

Bill Wyman is wicked (just listen to Mr D) -- the new mix is really doing him a favour -- Charlie is grooving with a nice looseness, as is Mick J. Keith is probably above his autumn '73 average here. Mick T is great as always -- but with the clear exception of Rambler -- I think he's better on many other '72 and '73 bootlegs.

The absolute worst track, in my opinion, is All Down The Line, at times bordering on train wreck. I have no idea why they bothered to put Taylor's solo from the superior afternoon version into the 2nd show version when they could have just picked the former track. Seems like the Stones kinda lost steam towards the end of the show, as Rip This Joint and JJF are a bit lacklustre as well. Probably a good decision to use the 1st show Street Fighting Man, although I would have loved to hear those still unreleased songs from the 2nd show.

All in all, a wonderful release. Should have gotten a CD and even a vinyl edition with liner notes and artwork. I'm eagerly awaiting whatever they have for us next.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:59

robertfraser
open-g
robertfraser
Can't wait to hear this however when I paid at stones archives the download file just shows mydownload launcher which is a aspx file, where are the audio files?

Anyone else have this problem Emailed them to find out where i have gone wrong.

Check the size of the downloaded aspx files. depending on what format you downloaded - flac or mp3, the size will tell you what you got.
a 3 minute song, in 320kbps mp3 should have a size of about 7 to 8 MB.
a flac file should be about 20 MB or so.

if that's the case, you can either manually re-name the extensions to .mp3 or .flac
or double click the file and tell Windows to open them with the audio program of your choice.

if you only have 20 KB aspx files - you have nothing to listen to.
then check your Javascript settings.

Open G much appreciated all working now. loads of thanks dude!!

It was a pleasure, glad it worked out.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 19, 2011 09:28

Just downloaded this (been busy). F*ck me! Absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much to the guys for making this - and more - available at long last. On a first listening this is better than ANY of my beloved bootlegs (and I've been collecting them since the early seventies).

An absolute knockout. Way to go, Stones!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 10:53

mickijaggeroo
jpasc95
tu y étais phd ?
Bon sang, comme j'aurais aimé y être
Hey, keep it in english, please, so we all can participate.
Imagine me posting something important in swedish, you would´nt get that, right?

some of your compatriots already did it and I didn't come to bother you, right ?

Date: November 19, 2011 11:39

toomuchforme
phd
toomuchforme
the 5 shows could be

This great sounding Brown Sugar from 23/09/1970 can be found as bonus track on the second edition of VGP-083 (The Royal Dragon).
I once had the chance to hear other excerpts of this show in the same quality so I know the whole show exists in this quality.
It would make sense to release this unknown gem through www.stonesarchivestore.com !

I'd also be very pleased to get this :
- Something from 1975
- El Mocambo 1977
- Hampton 19/12/1981 (as it seems it was even better than the night before)
- Wembley 16/07/1995 (It was mentionned at the stadium entrance that the concert was taped - for the BBC ? - but it hasn't surfaced 'til now. The gig was oustanding !)

Yes true and I had traded my recording weeks before so maybe it comes from it

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:08

is there a booklet or something? at least a cover? just downloaded it but only found the picture on the page. could help somebody?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:20

Not original but great to start with

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:29

thank you

Date: November 19, 2011 16:07

here are the 24.9.70 broadcast by Europe 1 radio re-aired in june 95.

First an amazing performance by Buddy Guy and Clapton ! + MJ and Johnny Halliday interviews !

[rcpt.yousendit.com]

Second Brown Sugar with a @#$%& Taylor solo. Incomplete for just a few seconds as the host had spoken so I cut it off.

[rcpt.yousendit.com]

I Imagine a deluxe release with the 1st act like for the Yaya's release with Guy + Clapton guest and the Stones show.

The Paris affair 24.9.70 is from that recording but in bad quality as the FM did not exist here at the time. It was aired on Grandes Ondes in bad mono.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 16:19

LieB
Tumbling_Dice_07 -- Yeah, that's ridiculous. If I was in the US, I'd buy the mp3 version, then find the flac edition illegaly. (Send me a mail and I'll give ya the flacs if you can't find 'em elsewhere.)

Thank you Lieb. That thought crossed my mind but I'll just have to see what kind of luck I have. I did already buy the mp3 version but I hate listening to a live recording with those little gaps between songs.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:43

Tumblin_Dice_07
I hate listening to a live recording with those little gaps between songs.

I use Roxio and that makes it possible to eliminate the gaps.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 19, 2011 19:48

I've put it on my iTunes - no gaps.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 19:57

the spoken words at the end of Rambler, "yes, yes, you're so good" belongs to the 1st or 2nd show?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:04

Okay, 12 pages in to this, I'm confused. I live in the U.S. If I download the concert, it will be of inferior quality? And, I will not be able to make a personal CD from it?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:45

24FPS
Okay, 12 pages in to this, I'm confused. I live in the U.S. If I download the concert, it will be of inferior quality? And, I will not be able to make a personal CD from it?

320 kbps mp3's are good quality files. anyone would be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind test re. mp3 vs. Flac although the latter is of course superior as there's no information lost.

there's no problem to burn your mp3's to audio CD.
besides that - you get the higher quality mp3s for less bucks. winking smiley

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:20

Just downloaded it (I had the "Java problem" as well).
Really great to have this - different mix, different tracks and all.
The sound (and espedially the separation) is rather impressive.

First-impression favourites among the new tracks: Happy and Dancing with Mr. D.

btw. what does everybody think about the Some Girls in Texas CD?
I bought it on Friday as part of the DVD/CD, and it sounds considerably different from the various boot versions. Very dry, very punky. As with Brussels, I like the new mix. I wouldn't say I prefer it, but it's an interesting variation, making for a fresh listening experience.

And the DVD is absoulutely marvellous. So good to see Jagger (coked up?) and Keith on fire once again.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:41

Greenblues

I bought it on Friday as part of the DVD/CD, and it sounds considerably different from the various boot versions. Very dry, very punky. As with Brussels, I like the new mix. I wouldn't say I prefer it, but it's an interesting variation, making for a fresh listening experience.

And the DVD is absoulutely marvellous. So good to see Jagger (coked up?) and Keith on fire once again.

Where did you get it? Amazon just sent it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: November 19, 2011 22:35

Blu-Ray is fantastic - i saw it yesterday + 12 Bonus-Tracks + Brüssel 2nd - spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: November 19, 2011 22:51

mickijaggeroo
Greenblues

Where did you get it? Amazon just sent it.

I bought it in a Saturn store in Cologne.
I only just discovered it's set for release on Monday in certain regions (US for example). Too many release dates to handle these days ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 22:54 by Greenblues.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 19, 2011 23:03

straycat58
the spoken words at the end of Rambler, "yes, yes, you're so good" belongs to the 1st or 2nd show?

I'll check it tomorrow (when I'm back home) on the audience recording of the 1st show (VGP's Nasty Muzik).

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: November 19, 2011 23:30

Just listening for the first IN MY LIFE now, have never heard or owned this bootleg. Incredible performances so far, and sound is just fine to this non-audiophile (listening through iTunes, its on my iPod and just burned a copy for the car). This is just so awesome. Giving us what we want. Who could have imagined. Yay!

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 23:31 by bigbang.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:56

bigbang
Just listening for the first IN MY LIFE now, have never heard or owned this bootleg. Incredible performances so far, and sound is just fine to this non-audiophile (listening through iTunes, its on my iPod and just burned a copy for the car). This is just so awesome. Giving us what we want. Who could have imagined. Yay!

How the heck did you get it from the Google Music thingy to iTunes?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home