Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can Mick Jagger Do The Miraculous One More Time?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:08

I thought what Mick did at the age of 63 and 64 on the last tour to be almost miraculous. To still be running around the stage at 63 and 64 for two hours was a herculean feat. Make no mistake about that! By the time the Stones get rolling next summer he will be just about 69. Being Jumping Jack Flash at 64 was an amazing feat, but what about at 69? Do you think he can still do it when he is 69 and 70? To me if he can pull it off it just has to go down as one of the greatest feats ever in the history of rock 'n' roll. Good luck Sir Mick, you are a true inspiration to all us old geezers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-09 04:13 by thewatchman.

Re: Can Mick Jagger Do The Miraculous One More Time?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:13

the watchman..yea' for sure no worries smileys with beer

Date: October 9, 2011 04:14

colonial
the watchman..yea' for sure no worries smileys with beer

That's the spirit, mate! Mick really is one amazing dude!smileys with beer

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:25

thewatchman
By the time the Stones get rolling next summer he will be just about 69.

Eh, there is no indication at this point that there is going to be a tour this coming summer or even ever again.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:27

DragonSky
thewatchman

Eh, there is no indication at this point that there is going to be a tour this coming summer or even ever again.

That's what makes it so miraculous!

Date: October 9, 2011 04:30

Miriculous?

Date: October 9, 2011 04:40

DragonSky
thewatchman

No indication?

Date: October 9, 2011 04:43

None.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:49

Nothing miraculous about Jagger. Did you see the Grammy (or whatever) performance from not that long ago?

What would be (somewhat) miraculous is all four Stones coming together again and hitting the road for one last fling.

Date: October 9, 2011 04:53

DragonSky
None.

You obviously do not know your Rolling Stones. No way do they not do something in 2012. Probably won't be any large scale tours ever again but we haven't seen the last of them. My question was, do you think Mick can still be Jumpin Jack Flash at 69 and 70 as he was at 63 and 64?

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: October 9, 2011 04:56

Edith Grove
Nothing miraculous about Jagger. Did you see the Grammy (or whatever) performance from not that long ago?

What would be (somewhat) miraculous is all four Stones coming together again and hitting the road for one last fling.
Mick was great during the Grammys. To my mind he is the greatest front man in the history off rock and roll. What would be miraculous is have the Stones play their final gigs as a cohesive, core band. No frills, no extra musicians. Just them. I'd start going to church again if that happened...

Date: October 9, 2011 04:58

Edith Grove

Mick's performance at the Grammys was amazing. Can he keep that up for two hours at 69 and 70 like he did at 63 and 64? If so, I am calling it miraculous.

Date: October 9, 2011 04:59

Stones62
Edith Grove

Mick was great during the Grammys. To my mind he is the greatest front man in the history off rock and roll. What would be miraculous is have the Stones play their final gigs as a cohesive, core band. No frills, no extra musicians. Just them. I'd start going to church again if that happened...

Now that's what I'm talking about !

Date: October 9, 2011 05:08

Stones62
Edith Grove

thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:19

No

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:47

a)If jagger acts his age, and performs like the old Blues men, it would be good.
b) if he acts like at the Grammys, acting like he is 40 years old, it will be a Joke and he is making a fool of himself.

When he does like a)... i am going
if he does like b), i am not
bye jeroen

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2011 12:06

I don't think he could do the Watusi one more time, let alone the Miraculous!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 9, 2011 12:57

corriecas
a)If jagger acts his age, and performs like the old Blues men, it would be good.
b) if he acts like at the Grammys, acting like he is 40 years old, it will be a Joke and he is making a fool of himself.

bye jeroen

Mick Jagger has been "acting" like he does on stage for the last 50 years and personally like it very much. But to accuse Mick of "acting" is really unfair in the sense that is what Mick is on stage. When he runs and jumps that is who Mick is and has been for 1/2 a century. What should he change? Because Keef said so?

Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 9, 2011 13:03

iggy pop still does it,why cant mick.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: October 9, 2011 14:28

mandu
iggy pop still does it,why cant mick.

Not such a great example since Iggy recently broke his foot, supposedly on stage. eye popping smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:48

What if Mick felt that each add. day he spends with the Stones makes him feel older while each day he spends with younger, fresher musicians ( = SH) makes him feel younger...

Date: October 9, 2011 18:18

thewatchman
DragonSky
None.

You obviously do not know your Rolling Stones. No way do they not do something in 2012. Probably won't be any large scale tours ever again but we haven't seen the last of them. My question was, do you think Mick can still be Jumpin Jack Flash at 69 and 70 as he was at 63 and 64?

MY Rolling Stones? You need to drop this 'your Rolling Stones' rubbish. It's obvious you're not paying attention to what has been said.

How you confuse talk about some possible shows meaning there will be a tour is your problem.

Can Mick still be Jumpin' Jack Flash? Yes. What kind or percentage or how agile or will he have a permanent clothes pin on his nose or will he be more interested in doing some kind of texting/taekwondo dance moves etc, if one wants to attempt to go there, are other questions.

So maybe your question should be What kind of JJF will we get if the Stones do anymore live shows.

And why you bother to wonder about Mick instead of Keith is baffling.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 11, 2011 01:07

corriecas

bye jeroen

If he does like a)... I am going
If he does like c)... I am going
If there's a c)... I am going
If they do it a stadium... I am going
If they do it in an arena... I am going
If they do it in a small venue... I am going (if I can get tix)
If they do it with or without Chuck, Lisa, and the gang... I am going
If they play the warhorses or the more obscure... I am going
Yep, I am going.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 11, 2011 01:38

atip
corriecas

bye jeroen

If he does like a)... I am going
If he does like c)... I am going
If there's a c)... I am going
If they do it a stadium... I am going
If they do it in an arena... I am going
If they do it in a small venue... I am going (if I can get tix)
If they do it with or without Chuck, Lisa, and the gang... I am going
If they play the warhorses or the more obscure... I am going
Yep, I am going.

Yeah, but are you really going?

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 11, 2011 02:27

rollmops
corriecas

bye jeroen

Mick Jagger has been "acting" like he does on stage for the last 50 years and personally like it very much. But to accuse Mick of "acting" is really unfair in the sense that is what Mick is on stage. When he runs and jumps that is who Mick is and has been for 1/2 a century. What should he change? Because Keef said so?

Rock and Roll,
Mops

I most respectfully disagree. He did not run around and jump about like he was competing in some sort of an athletic exhibition at first -- that started in '81 and then became part of the show in '89.

Frankly, when he worked the small stage, like in '69, it was almost impossible NOT to watch him, and I preferred that to the running about of recent years. As far as whether he's "acting," I guess he probably always has been, but it just seems his moves are more calculated and less spontaneous now.

I agree, of course, that his level of fitness is impressive, but I'd rather he stay in the area with the band and not run about -- not that he should do what I want -- many people probably like the current show.

What I'd really like is for him to sing full-out every night and not change melodies and give up intensity to save his voice. I don't think he can do that any more, and that's not his fault. We have to be glad for what we get. After all, it's still a fine show and we'll miss it horribly when he's gone.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 11, 2011 02:40

No, time waits for no one. He has made the most out of his talent through the years. There really is no more to squeeze out of him. He has pulled all the tricks. There are some musicians that still evolves after the age of 65, quite a few jazz musicians for instance. But Mick is a singer and that is not the same ballgame.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 11, 2011 02:48

thewatchman
I thought what Mick did at the age of 63 and 64 on the last tour to be almost miraculous. To still be running around the stage at 63 and 64 for two hours was a herculean feat.

Springsteen was doing it for over 3 hours - without a break - on his last tour at the age of 60. Its not THAT miraculous if youre in good shape.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 11, 2011 03:22

I think the running has actually slowed down quite a bit since the 94/95 VooDoo Lounge tour. Remember he used to run up the stairs of those ramps at both sides of the stage on that tour? He still moves side to side quite well but not like he used to nor at the same running pace. That is fine and expected; he is in great shape and while '81 is when he started to get fit and into running, he did move around during Some Girls and did that running on the spot thing that he did on that tour.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 11, 2011 04:56

....well what's interesting for me is that apparently Jagger can still growl like he used to as the new wil-i-am techno single suggests....and he certainly gave us Jagger growl on Under The Radar which was left off ABB...that and Keith playing guitar again is exciting...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 11, 2011 05:03

Yes, he can!
I have no worries about Mick whatsoever for this time frame.

atip, uh-huh, uh-huh!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2037
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home