Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Track Talk: Infamy
Posted by: René ()
Date: September 19, 2011 14:22

Comments, input and alterations are very welcome!
________________________________________________________________________________

Infamy
(Mick Jagger / Keith Richards)

La Fourchette, Pocé sur Cisse, France & St. Vincent, West Indies,
June - September 2004, La Fourchette, Pocé sur Cisse, France,
November - December 2004, March 7 - 9 & March 14 - June 2005 and
Henson Studios, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, US, June 6 - 28, 2005

Keith Richards - lead vocals, backing vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar,
bass, piano, percussion
Mick Jagger - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, keyboards,
percussion, backing vocals
Charlie Watts - drums
Blondie Chaplin - backing vocals

You know you've got it in for me, I knew it right from the start
I'm still learning my lines, baby, since you've re-written my part
Oh, why have you got it in for me, things they are not what they seem
You're living in a nightmare baby, but I mistook it for a dream
Yeah, just for a dream, but I mistook it all for a dream, yeah

You've got it in for me, you’ve got it in for me

I know you've got it in for me, you didn't miss a thing
It's you that wrote the song, baby, but it’s me that’s got to sing
I knew you had it in for me, where you take it from here
We got along so famously, until you made it clear, yeah
You made it very, very clear, you made it abundantly clear

You've got it in for me, I knew it right from the start
You've already convicted me, why are you hard on my heart
Ooh, you're right on my heart, oh yes, so hard
So hard on my heart, you got it infamy
Ooh, in for me, baby, you got it infamy
Why baby, why baby, why, you got it infamy
All you want to do is wipe the floor with me, you got it infamy
Come on, why baby, why, you got it infamy
You got it infamy
Right from the start, you got it infamy
Yes, you've got it in for me, you got it infamy
In for me right from the start, you got it infamy
I should have seen it coming, you got it infamy
Fine, fine heart, you got it infamy
Ooh yeah, you got it infamy

Produced by Don Was & The Glimmer Twins

First released on:
The Rolling Stones - “A Bigger Bang” CD
(Virgin Records / EMI TOCP 66440) Japan, August 31, 2005

Re: Track Talk: Infamy
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 19, 2011 14:50

Keith laying down one of his grooves.
This video from Philadelphia makes me think of the New Barbarians.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 19, 2011 14:51

horrible

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 19, 2011 14:55

No my cup of tea either

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 19, 2011 15:01

Like it, but it just doesn't go anywhere. It's a decent one though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 15:05

Not one of keith's better ones. Pretty repetitive and doesn't do anything special.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 19, 2011 15:12

Ok. At least they didn't end the album with yet another Keith ballad.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 19, 2011 15:29

Twenty five years ago this kind of meandering dirge, that drifts aimlessly in dire search of a melody, wouldn't have got a look in as a Stones release. On the last album it did. Need I say more?

Date: September 19, 2011 15:32

Silver Dagger
Twenty five years ago this kind of meandering dirge, that drifts aimlessly in dire search of a melody, wouldn't have got a look in as a Stones release. On the last album it did. Need I say more?

Well, it sort of drifts about like Shattered (without being nearly as good, of course).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 19, 2011 15:34

For me ...the 3rd from worst Stones song ever...........including covers........

Date: September 19, 2011 15:39

EddieByword
For me ...the 3rd from worst Stones song ever...........including covers........

Just out of curiousity, what are the two others? winking smiley

Date: September 19, 2011 15:47

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Well, it sort of drifts about like Shattered (without being nearly as good, of course).

Shattered doesn't drift. It tattoos itself to the inside of your skull with the power of a Black n Decker drill.

Date: September 19, 2011 15:54

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger

Shattered doesn't drift. It tattoos itself to the inside of your skull with the power of a Black n Decker drill.

LOL! thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 19, 2011 16:01

DandelionPowderman
EddieByword

Just out of curiousity, what are the two others? winking smiley

4th worst = Blinded by love
3rd = Infamy
2nd = New Faces
1st worst Stones song of all time =.................ta - ra.......Sweet hearts togethor............

ALL others I positively like (including all solo stuff & what I've heard of Superheavy) and most of them a lot................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 16:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 19, 2011 16:12

So so... it's no Happy or BTMMR, but it ain't a clunker like Losing My Touch. It's got a decent melody and some nice harp from Mick. And the titular pun, while corny, doesn't induce nausea and vomiting.

But to me, what's so sad is how SMALL, how trivial, this song is. To close what may be the final studio album the Stones ever record with something this slight seems like an affront, an insult almost. To me, the final track of a rock album should make a grand statement and/or leave the listener in awe. The Stones have done this many times... Salt of the Earth, YCAGWYW, Moonlight Mile, Soul Survivor, Waiting on a Friend, and Slipping Away are just some examples that spring to mind. Infamy is not only not in the same ballpark (it's not even in the same sport). It tells us that the Stones were not intent on creating a classic album.

Drew

Date: September 19, 2011 16:41

drewmaster
So so... it's no Happy or BTMMR, but it ain't a clunker like Losing My Touch. It's got a decent melody and some nice harp from Mick. And the titular pun, while corny, doesn't induce nausea and vomiting.

But to me, what's so sad is how SMALL, how trivial, this song is. To close what may be the final studio album the Stones ever record with something this slight seems like an affront, an insult almost. To me, the final track of a rock album should make a grand statement and/or leave the listener in awe. The Stones have done this many times... Salt of the Earth, YCAGWYW, Moonlight Mile, Soul Survivor, Waiting on a Friend, and Slipping Away are just some examples that spring to mind. Infamy is not only not in the same ballpark (it's not even in the same sport). It tells us that the Stones were not intent on creating a classic album.

Drew

I'd add 'Something Happened To Me Yesterday' to that list (seriously), though other early albums also ended weakly (such as Aftermath with 'What To Do').

Date: September 19, 2011 16:52

When thinking it thru thoroughly, I might add 30 released songs after Infamy on the list.

Some of them:

Under The Boardwalk
Susie Q
The Singer Not The Song
Cool, Calm, Collected
Who's Been Sleeping Here
Sing This Song Together (both versions)
On With The Show
Sad Day
Rock And A Hard Place
Suck On The Jugular (at the very bottom of my list)
Blinded By Rainbows
Gunface
Keys To Your Love
Losing My Touch
Stealing My Heart
Streets Of Love
Hurricane
We Don't Wanna Go Home
Indian Girl

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 19, 2011 16:59

One of not too many Stones-songs I don't like. Boring, repetitive, flat...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 19, 2011 17:27

...as quirky as Mick's Neocon...it kind of places ABB for me in general....

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: September 19, 2011 17:34

I like it, nice groove. What's that echo at the very start?

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 19, 2011 17:35

What the hell are they doing in that video? Who is the guy standing at the microphone not playing his guitar and just pointing around and posing? And when he does play the guitar it's not even in key with the song, especially at the end - another 1994 Miami SFTD solo. The song should be called Imposter, not Infamy.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 19, 2011 17:53

This is one I like a lot! No particular reason, I just like it. Could have been a great album opener (a la Big Enough).

C

Date: September 19, 2011 18:01

Sleepy City
drewmaster

Drew

I'd add 'Something Happened To Me Yesterday' to that list (seriously), though other early albums also ended weakly (such as Aftermath with 'What To Do').

Let's not forget On With The Show. I remember some brilliant psychedelic times listening to Their Satanic Majesties Request and being completely taken by 2000 Light Years From Home before the hilarious, back to earth jocularity of On With The Show.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 19, 2011 18:33

Obviously Mick and Keith no longer hold veto power over each other, or care to, on what songs get on an album.

And Blinded By Love has brilliant lyrics and top notch instrumentation. Infamy does not.

Date: September 19, 2011 18:43

Silver Dagger
Sleepy City
drewmaster

Drew

Let's not forget On With The Show. I remember some brilliant psychedelic times listening to Their Satanic Majesties Request and being completely taken by 2000 Light Years From Home before the hilarious, back to earth jocularity of On With The Show.

thumbs up

Personally I've never liked any RS albums ending on a KR lead vocal except the 1967 - 1968 duets.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: September 19, 2011 18:47

A total nonstarter. A throwaway. The fact that Keith came to the BB sessions with just this, the Rough Justice riff (with a refrain that was similar, in its way, to Infamy), and This Place Is Empty says it all about latter-day Keith. Hasn't produced a note (that we know of, anyway) since. And that was *six* years ago.

Posted by: 2000man ()
Date: September 19, 2011 18:50

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:00

Pretty good one....

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-19 11:41 by Come On.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:03

quirky, baby, quirky! i'll take it - especially the concert renditions

please note how the lyrics do that very Keithly thing of emerging from the beat
just as natural as a tree coming into leaf (unlike ... er ... never mind! :E)

plus which i believe it's the only Keith-LV number to date that the Mick plays harp on

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 19, 2011 19:56

I enjoy this song all around. It ain't a masterpiece but the combination of the lyrics and groove, meshed together works for me. He has some great lines in there "I'm still learning my lines, baby, since you've re-written my part" and "It's you that wrote the song, baby, but it’s me that’s got to sing"

I am also quite fond of just how "home made" this song is...with Mick and Keith taking on all of the instruments.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home