Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38
Re: OT: CARS cars cars ...
Posted by: resotele ()
Date: August 8, 2014 10:04

NICOS
[www.volkskrant.nl]

First Dutch car that can fly..............the article is in Dutch but the You tube link is in Englisch........
Today on the radio I heard that the first 40 that will produced cost 500.000 Euro after that larger production 300.000

Resotele

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2014 01:24

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 15, 2014 05:01

Date: August 19, 2014 01:06

THE AGE --- 19 August 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 19, 2014 03:57

Hey you all

Many thanks to keep this thread alive.....I read & Watch ....

I will be back soon

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 19, 2014 03:57

....okay we'll wait here ......

ROCKMAN

Date: August 19, 2014 04:10

No no no... I read all of ya

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 19, 2014 05:22

Date: August 20, 2014 00:49

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 20, 2014 09:14

I saw one Fiat 600 with this colour in Stockholm yesterday. Doesn't happen every day....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 24, 2014 16:47

A few of the cars on display at the 'Dream Cars' exhibit at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, GA

General Motors Le Sabre XP-8, 1951, (foreground)

Norman Timbs Special, 1947

Pininfarina (Ferrari) Modulo, 1970, (left) and Lancia (Bertone) Stratos HF Zero, 1970

BMW GINA Light Visionary Model, 2001

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 24, 2014 18:57

The Volvo 240-series celebrates 40 years this year. Almost as old as The Rolling Stones. They were grand cars, weren't they? Do you remember them?

Date: August 25, 2014 02:19

eeeerrr yeah gimmie two .......

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 25 August 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: August 26, 2014 00:55

Herald Sun --- 26 August 2014

ROCKMAN

Date: August 26, 2014 20:00

Come On
I saw one Fiat 600 with this colour in Stockholm yesterday. Doesn't happen every day....

My mother had dark blue a Fiat 500;it looked like an eggs boxsmiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 30, 2014 01:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 30, 2014 13:25

^^^ Is that Trudie Styler? Sure looks like her.

Date: August 30, 2014 13:34

Trudie Styler !!!
....yeah she's gotta get ready ta truck out Stingo's grape harvest

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 30, 2014 14:11

I'll bet she’s the one who collects the cash from the stooge groupie/grape pickers with money to burn eye rolling smiley

Date: September 7, 2014 15:56

Buddy Holly's 1958 Ariel Cyclone is heading to auction

Rocker Buddy Holly, far right, poses with members of his band the Crickets on new motorcycles they bought together in May 1958. (Guernsey's)

On May 13, 1958, flush from the success of a world tour in support of their songs "That'll Be The Day" and "Peggy Sue," Buddy Holly and two other members of his band, the Crickets, paid a visit to Ray Miller's Motorcycle Shop in Dallas.
They left with new bikes. Drummer Jerry Allison bought a Triumph Trophy. Bass player Joe Maudlin bought a Triumph Thunderbird. And Buddy Holly bought a 650cc Ariel Cyclone -- one of only 200 ever made.
(Legend has it the three men first visited a Harley-Davidson dealership, and said they wanted three matching Harleys, but the salesman, not recognizing the pop trio, laughed them out of his shop.)
They also purchased matching gloves and caps, and then rode their new bikes to a J.C. Penney's and bought matching Levi jeans and jackets, and rode the 350 miles back to their homes in Lubbock in a rainstorm.
Less than a year later, Holly was killed in a plane crash.
The Ariel stayed with the Holly family until 1970. Years later, it was given as a 42nd birthday gift to Holly's childhood pal and fellow rocker Waylon Jennings.

Now it's for sale.

The Guernsey's auction house will be selling this 1958 Ariel Cyclone, bought new by Buddy Holly and later owned by his pal Waylon Jennings. (Guernsey's)

The Guernsey's auction house says the Ariel hasn't been ridden in 20 years -- Jennings died in 2002 -- and has only 4,000 original miles on the odometer.
The Ariel will go on the block Oct. 5 at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, along with more than 2,000 other items from the Jennings vault.
As the just-concluded auctions at the Monterey Car Week demonstrated, vehicles owned by celebrities have a certain cachet -- and sell for more than vehicles owned by regular folks.
A 1967 Ferrari GBT/4 owned by Steve McQueen was sold for $8 million -- about three times what the same car owned by a civilian would have fetched.
A 1931 Harley-Davidson VL owned by the actor went for $95,000 -- multiples more than the bike might otherwise have brought.

[www.latimes.com]

Date: September 7, 2014 16:22

Justine Kurland’s Vivid, Haunting Photographs of Men and Cars

For more than a decade, Justine Kurland has taken photographs during annual cross-country journeys from New York to the Pacific Northwest that reveal the double-edged nature of the American dream. A lifelong nomad (she grew up traveling to Renaissance festivals, where her mother sold hand-sewn clothes), her tools are her 4×5 camera and her van, which allow her to dwell, briefly, in the worlds of the marginal figures she photographs. First, there were the girls she cast as runaways, forging into forests and swimming holes. Later came images of commune members in wilderness idylls and panoramas of westbound freighters and the hobos who ride them.

Tomorrow, Kurland’s first New York solo exhibition in five years, “Sincere Auto Care,” opens at Mitchell-Innes & Nash. Named after a Nebraska garage, it explores the culture of cars and the men who drive and work on them. A disembodied wrist rests on a rusted hood, cradling a cigarette; a teenager loiters by a sign that reads “No Loitering”; tattooed mechanics bend over their work. And yet in the mix of paint, chrome and grime that coats these scenes, a beautiful order prevails, in the symmetry of used tires hung on hooks, the fantasy of a pair of ferocious tigers painted on a hood and the way one part of a motor fits into another.

When she began photographing these images four years ago, Kurland herself was at a crossroads having to do with boys and men. Her relationship with her son’s father had ended; her own father, the painter Bruce Kurland, was dying. She’d also just turned 40 and was teaching full-time, which meant less time on the road shooting. “I started mining my own history and figuring out what it was about photography that I really loved,” Kurland says.

The photographs of “Sincere Auto Care,” she says, will be arranged on the gallery walls “like sentences.” Some are formal, as in a paired set of images in which electric wires in one photo are continued by the line of a dog leash in the next. The dark side of masculine culture’s fantasy fully emerges in the only series where her son, Casper, appears. There’s an image of Casper in his child seat, a shot of a shattered windshield on another car and a final nightmare titled “What Casper Might Look Like If He Grew Up to Be a Junkie in Tacoma.” “Beauty,” Kurland says, “means there has to be something at stake. You can’t show affection — or even disaffection — without showing there’s something to be affected by.”

“Sincere Auto Care” opens Thursday, Sept. 4, at Mitchell-Innes & Nash, 534 W. 26th St., and will be on view through Oct. 11

[tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com]

Date: September 8, 2014 05:09

Cars, cars, cars, by latebloomer...Herndon, VA.

Date: September 8, 2014 05:20

.......GEEEEEEZ I dunno about this one... it just don't look real safe from down here........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 8, 2014 06:42

"Bobby Darin was a talented singer, actor and musician, he also was a gifted composer, writing many of his own recordings.

Bobby Darin’s signature song “Mack the Knife,” which won the 1959 “Record of the Year” and Darin the “Best New Artist” Grammy. “Mack the Knife” was number one on the Billboard charts for nine weeks in 1959 and is one of the biggest selling records in history. Bobby Darin was the first young singers to bridge the single record and album gap between the teenage and adult buying public. He died in December 1973 after his second open heart surgery at the age of 37

Bobby Darin’s car was built by Detroit native and clothing designer Andy DiDia; the car took seven years, from 1953 to 1960, to finish. Two engines were originally listed as power plants; the present 427 engine came later. Originally the car cost $153,647.29 to create; today it’s worth $1.5 million. It was originally painted with red paint which had 30 coats with real ground diamonds for sparkle."

Date: September 8, 2014 07:07

.......man dig those tail-fins ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 8, 2014 17:38

The car is tasteless. American 50s' cars are vulgar enough as they are. There is no need to do anything more than to keep them in original condition. That is a steep enough task for anyone.

Date: September 23, 2014 01:47

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 23, 2014 01:55

Hey Rockeeeee! the next time I visit your bunker, I expect that Rolls to be parked in front!grinning smiley

Date: September 23, 2014 02:03

HaaHaa yeah AL.... roulette wheels in da Bunker is the only way I'm gonna get one of dem there Rollers ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 26, 2014 02:12

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home