Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 17, 2011 23:12

Alright all you gamblers out there , I know you're wise enough to pick the opposite of my pick of the week .

I'll take Buffalo Bills plus 2 1/2 over Miami .

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 19, 2011 06:51

Whoa...
Lowly Iowa state ties the game.... #2 ranked Oklahoma State misses late field goal, and the Friday night college game goes to overtime. (I love college football overtime)(I wish the NFL would adopt the same OT rules)...ANYWAY....

WHOA!!!! Iowa state runs one play in OT and scores a TD....
AND ...BAM!!!! OKLAHOMA STATE ANSWERS....

DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!

Why does it matter??...Well, right now there are only 2 undefeated teams(Oklahoma state and LSU) so if Iowa state wins, it makes the whole Bowl series Championship very messy...... again

AND OLKA STATE THROWS AN INTERCEPTION!!!!!

AND IOWA STATE ONLY NEEDS A FIELD GOAL TO WIN!!! HOLY COW!!!!

BTW- IOWA STATE WAS 4 TD (28 POINTS) UNDERDOG IN THIS GAME....

AND IOWA STATE SCORES A TOUCHDOWN TO WIN IT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
AND THE FANS STORM THE FIELD IN IOWA!!! AMAZING

#2 RANKED OKLAHOMA STATE GOES DOWN ....OUCH!!!!

BOTTOM LINE

WE NEED A PLAYOFF SERIES TO CROWN A COOLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPION period.

CONGRATS IOWA STATE !!! WOW!!!!!

PS
game note-
The Oklahoma State kicker (who missed a late field gaol, which would have won the game and left them undefeated) thinks he made that field goal. It wasa very high kick that went above the top of the goal posts, but the refs said it was wide... so it was wide....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 07:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 19, 2011 22:21

Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
MINNESOTA VIKINGS 49.5 o/u
GREEN BAY PACKERS -13 +/-
No problem Max...I take credit cards.>grinning smiley<
CCs? come on, you know how this works,
it always rolls to the next game, double or nothing. winking smiley

Just waiting to hear SCL's SCL,
whats the bet SCL? aka who wants to be a millionaire? winking smiley

Date: November 20, 2011 06:00

LSU beat the livingsht out of Ole Miss tonight... and right now Oklahoma is having issues with Baylor ( tied 24-24 in the 4thQ ) and Oregon is having issues with USC ... and considering LSU is the only undefeated team left... and if the season ends like that (after next weekend)... THEN... NO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IS NEEDED. Cancel the game and LSU will be the undisputed champ. period.

But I know, I know ($$,$$$,$$$) this year they will do another popularity contest to see which one loss team will get a shot at LSU... which is BS. We need playoffs in college football Division 1, because stuffing a team (or two) into the Championship game is a load of crap...

We need playoffs in Division 1. They have playoffs in Divsion 2 and it works fine, I dont wanna hear them try to say it supposedly adversly affects the kids schooling or whatever.

UPDATE EDIT-

WHOA!!! Baylor beats the Oklahoma Boomer Sooners (45-38) for the first time (they were 0 for 20 before tonight) with a touchdown with 8 seconds to go (until what might have been overtime) The Baylor Bears Quarterback was a running scrambling passing maniac (500 total yards for him)... what a game by Baylor.... and for the second night in a row the kids storm the field.

4 top 10 teams lose this weekend.

AGAIN...
I SAY..... If LSU beats Ark next week.... they are National Champs. period, no game needed. And I have no love for LSU... none what so ever. But the numbers and facts are the facts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 07:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 20, 2011 21:50

Question of the day (for some);
Edwards or Stewart?... or is just good to NOT be JJ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:01

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
MINNESOTA VIKINGS 49.5 o/u
GREEN BAY PACKERS -13 +/-
No problem Max...I take credit cards.>grinning smiley<
CCs? come on, you know how this works,
it always rolls to the next game, double or nothing. winking smiley

Just waiting to hear SCL's SCL,
whats the bet SCL? aka who wants to be a millionaire? winking smiley
Got GNP of Botswana wagered on the Packers at the moment. Take Da Bears this afternoon for your SCL!

Date: November 20, 2011 22:06

I looked over all of todays games, and I dont like any of them. The spreads are too wide, the eams suck too much... what a crazy season..... looks like Turkey day for double or nothing.

Date: November 20, 2011 23:23

we have some great facts/numbers guys on here so i'll a question. me and my friend are having an argument. can any top QB in the league switch teams and put up roughly the same numbers if the team they move to doesn't change their offense system? my answer in no. if tom brady moved the the steelers he would get slammed. if big ben moved to the jets his skills of accurate long passes are pretty worthless to a system that runs and throws short passes

Date: November 20, 2011 23:30

keefriffhard4life
we have some great facts/numbers guys on here so i'll a question. me and my friend are having an argument. can any top QB in the league switch teams and put up roughly the same numbers if the team they move to doesn't change their offense system? my answer in no. if tom brady moved the the steelers he would get slammed. if big ben moved to the jets his skills of accurate long passes are pretty worthless to a system that runs and throws short passes

short answer, you are correct.

Long boring answer...
As you know, it is all about the system and personel. If the offensive line can not give the QB time to stand in the pocket, and the wide recievers time to get down field, there will not be time for long passes. It also depends on the system... than again, a good coach will adjust his system to his players.

Date: November 20, 2011 23:36

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life

short answer, you are correct.

Long boring answer...
As you know, it is all about the system and personel. If the offensive line can not give the QB time to stand in the pocket, and the wide recievers time to get down field, there will not be time for long passes. It also depends on the system... than again, a good coach will adjust his system to his players.

well yes they have to adjust but the argument was if they don't change at all and like you said the answer is no.

also to get a win against the patriots a team needs to stick like glue to welker, get good coverage on the tightends and hurry brady. my friend says i am wrong about that too. brady looks for welker 90% of the time and then if he's covered usually uses his big tightends to bail him out. peyton manning plays exactly the opposite. distributes the ball pretty evenly among the receivers and then calls a few plays designed for dallas clarke

Date: November 21, 2011 00:12

You are correct sir thumbs up

(they wouldnt let me embed the video... oh well)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-21 00:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 21, 2011 00:14

well thats the problem is most teams don't have the number of great one on one defenders you need to cover those guys and still hurry brady

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:20

I can't believe how stupid Shannahan was in that Cowboys/Redskins game. Had he not called that stupid "ice the kicker" time out the Cowboys would have gotten a delay of game penalty. Was he not paying attention to what was happening on the field? The Cowboys were rushing to get the kick off, weren't set with 2 seconds left on the play clock, so Romo jumped up to call a timeout they didn't have, but luckily for them idiot Shannahan called one for them. This guy has a Super Bowl ring?

Date: November 21, 2011 10:50

Another loss angry smiley

75% of the betting public were backing Buffalo confused smiley

If any of you guys needs a win for your team let me know who your cheering for and I'll wager on their opponent , practically guaranteeing a win >grinning smiley<

Date: November 21, 2011 11:07

boston2006
Another loss angry smiley

75% of the betting public were backing Buffalo confused smiley

If any of you guys needs a win for your team let me know who your cheering for and I'll wager on their opponent , practically guaranteeing a win >grinning smiley<

my jets need your help. they basically can only take 1 more lose this season to even have a chance at a wildcard spot

Date: November 24, 2011 03:24

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 01:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 24, 2011 10:16

Turkey Day pick .

Detroit Lions plus 6 1/2 over Green Bay Packers .

Have a great Thanksgiving all !

Date: November 25, 2011 00:01

Ah yes , I've done it yet again

Another loss !

Be sure to stick around for my Sunday loser .

YTD 3 ~ 8

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 25, 2011 03:16

Bad boys of De-troit crumble under the pressure of Green Bay...Da Bears move up a notch...gotta love it!

Date: November 25, 2011 05:32

Bears to get Cutler back? Ha ha. That would be hilarious.

Date: November 25, 2011 06:27

Tough loss for the Niners in the Harbaugh Bowl. League didn't do them any favors sending them across the country on a short week.

Date: November 27, 2011 08:15

funny quote from a college game today....

"That wasnt a horse collar... maybe a pony collar...
.....but that was no horse collar.... bad call."

lmao... pony collar?.... PONY COLLAR you say? LOL

[sports.espn.go.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-27 09:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2011 10:23

boston2006
75% of the betting public were backing Buffalo

25% of the people who know better were living in Buffalo.

Date: November 27, 2011 14:32

LMAO !!

today's pick as requested by keefriffhard4life .

Buffalo plus 9 1/2 over the J E T S , Jets , Jets , Jets !

Date: November 27, 2011 15:49

boston2006
LMAO !!

thank you. don't worry right now it looks like we won't be meeting your home team in the playoffs

Date: November 27, 2011 20:01

boston2006
LMAO !!

Great pick Boston. So good. I'm making the Jets -9 1/2 my 15 Dime Stone Cold Lock of the day.Or S.C.L. for short. I'm feeling so good today I'll even throw in a bonus pick. Take the Steelers - 10 1/2 tonight.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 28, 2011 00:24

sweetcharmedlife
boston2006
LMAO !!

Great pick Boston. So good. I'm making the Jets -9 1/2 my 15 Dime Stone Cold Lock of the day.Or S.C.L. for short. I'm feeling so good today I'll even throw in a bonus pick. Take the Steelers - 10 1/2 tonight.smiling bouncing smiley

eye rolling smileyOuch

I had me a winner

YTD 4 ~ 8

Date: November 28, 2011 00:58

boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
boston2006
LMAO !!

eye rolling smileyOuch

I had me a winner

YTD 4 ~ 8
Rough day so far. It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: November 28, 2011 01:08

Max'sKansasCity
Whoa...
Lowly Iowa state ties the game.... #2 ranked Oklahoma State misses late field goal, and the Friday night college game goes to overtime. (I love college football overtime)(I wish the NFL would adopt the same OT rules)...ANYWAY....

WHOA!!!! Iowa state runs one play in OT and scores a TD....
AND ...BAM!!!! OKLAHOMA STATE ANSWERS....

DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!

Why does it matter??...Well, right now there are only 2 undefeated teams(Oklahoma state and LSU) so if Iowa state wins, it makes the whole Bowl series Championship very messy...... again

AND OLKA STATE THROWS AN INTERCEPTION!!!!!

AND IOWA STATE ONLY NEEDS A FIELD GOAL TO WIN!!! HOLY COW!!!!

BTW- IOWA STATE WAS 4 TD (28 POINTS) UNDERDOG IN THIS GAME....

AND IOWA STATE SCORES A TOUCHDOWN TO WIN IT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
AND THE FANS STORM THE FIELD IN IOWA!!! AMAZING

#2 RANKED OKLAHOMA STATE GOES DOWN ....OUCH!!!!

BOTTOM LINE

WE NEED A PLAYOFF SERIES TO CROWN A COOLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPION period.

CONGRATS IOWA STATE !!! WOW!!!!!

PS
game note-
The Oklahoma State kicker (who missed a late field gaol, which would have won the game and left them undefeated) thinks he made that field goal. It wasa very high kick that went above the top of the goal posts, but the refs said it was wide... so it was wide....

NO WHERE does this thread say NCAA or College Football. What is this garbage you're going on about?

Date: November 28, 2011 05:36

When LSU wins the SEC Championship Game next week, "they" should cancel the National Championship game, becasue there is no need to go through a popularity contest just to plug in one, of 5-6 teams, simply to put on a dog and pony show.

LSU wins and they Cancel the National Championship game... and if "they" dont like it, then "they" need to fkg start a college football playoff system all fkn ready. They have playoffs in Div 2, and it works quite well. Colleg Basketball March madenss playoffs are legendary....

I have been waiting, and to this second, no one has offered a good reason to not have a colleg football playoff system.

Would you watch the NFL if there were no playoffs? if they just had popularity contests to plug teams into meaningless "bowl games"? Who gives a fk about a bowl berths?... what is the point of meaningless bowl games..What a scam. The kings clothes are a sham. Time for a change.

Make the usual bowls into payoff dates and lets have some fun.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home