Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
I'm Going all out on Next Stones Tour..Are you?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 20, 2011 02:35

With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe..by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared..Are you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-20 02:39 by colonial.

Re: I'm Going all out on Next Stones Tour..Are you?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2011 02:39

No, one will be enough. But I'm not so sure Scandinavia will be included this time around (if there is one...). That, supposed, Hyde Park concert sounds inviting though.

Date: July 20, 2011 02:42

There won't be a tour, but OK, I'll go all out

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 02:46

It may be their last tour, but part of me would rather just remember the when they were vital. I would not pay big money to see them trot out some warhorses in big arenas and stadiums, where they put more focus on 'vegas show' vs 'rocking concert'.

My dream would be they throw out the stadiums and vegas for several dates and play some blues as a 5 or 6 piece band. A show of them playing Chuck Berry or Muddy Waters or other influences. Or a show where they cover an album start to finish. But neither will happen, nor anything close to them.

It'll be huge stage, huge lights and effects, mediocre sound, disjointed guitars for only $350 US for a floor seat, and maybe have them throw in a non-warhorse. Oh, and a $12 beer that I get when I leave my seat during Miss You for the 15th time.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 20, 2011 02:48

buffalo7478
It may be their last tour, but part of me would rather just remember the when they were vital. I would not pay big money to see them trot out some warhorses in big arenas and stadiums, where they put more focus on 'vegas show' vs 'rocking concert'.

My dream would be they throw out the stadiums and vegas for several dates and play some blues as a 5 or 6 piece band. A show of them playing Chuck Berry or Muddy Waters or other influences. Or a show where they cover an album start to finish. But neither will happen, nor anything close to them.

It'll be huge stage, huge lights and effects, mediocre sound, disjointed guitars for only $350 US for a floor seat, and maybe have them throw in a non-warhorse. Oh, and a $12 beer that I get when I leave my seat during Miss You for the 15th time.

Or maybe they will roll out Journey as an opener for old time sakes eye rolling smiley

Date: July 20, 2011 02:55

Warhorses or not: The difference this time (if there is one...) is that it will be the last time. So it will be hard to resist seeing them for the last time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:13

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared..Are you?

No. Been there, done that and bought the overpriced t-shirt.

I have other priorities in my life.

Will go to a few shows, but definitely not doing anything like the 13 I did on each of the last two tours, will not rush to buy tickets but will get bargains nearer showtime and trips outside Europe are a definite no-no.

Simply unaffordable, too many risks of cancellations and I'm not confident the shows will be of a high enough standard. The pull on the heartstrings of it being the last tour isnt enough to justify spending even more money I dont have.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:14

I feel like I can say just about anything here, because I actually don't think they'll be a tour.

So yeah, I'm going to EVERY SHOW!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:42

I hope there won't be any more tours in the sense we have come to know them, as I do not think they can convincingly deliver the product in that format any longer. However, if they choose to do something musically challenging and interesting, I will definitely go "all out". But another "Vegas" stadium tour with an even older and less capable band? Count me out.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:47

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe..by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared..Are you?

Yes, of course I will be going all out, mate, even though we will have the Satisfaction mini tour in 2015, health permitting, of course.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:55

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour im playing it safe..by going all out and take in as many concerts and buy up as much as possible with no expense spared.

I don't believe you.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 20, 2011 04:01

Absolutely no intentions to do so at this point. I'll wait until reports from the first shows come in and then make further decisions. What could really change my mind in a second is news that Taylor and Wyman are back on board.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 20, 2011 04:06

Be careful when you go "all out!"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 20, 2011 04:28

Yes, like the earlier tours. Will try to see as many shows as possible.

Per-Arne

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 20, 2011 09:44

As many as possible without having to mortage my appartment...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:10

21stcenturystones
There won't be a tour, but OK, I'll go all out

LOL

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:22

Per-Arne
Yes, like the earlier tours. Will try to see as many shows as possible.

Per-Arne

The possibillities is very often a matter of money in my case...Last time they were in Stockholm they had 3 shows in a week for about 80 + 100 + 200 Euro...
(Stadium for 35000, sport-arena for 12000, clubshow for 800)

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:59

Go 'All Out'? Definitely not. I don't earn a fortune and my priorities are somewhat different now to what they have been on the previous two tours. I'll see them London and thats my lot. Evan if I had the money, I don't think I care quite enough, to be honest.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:14

No, I am not a cash cow.

Date: July 20, 2011 13:19

Come on: I paid approx 82 Euro (820 SEK), (seated) for the stadium show (Sthlm Stadion), 64 Euro for the Globe Show (standing). To be fair, prices for the stadium show varied between 50 Euro (standing) to 110 Euro (best seated) and approx the same for the arena show (Globen). The Cirkus show (Club) were very hard to get by but they were all prized 50 Euro (500 SEK). We are talking about the Stockholm Triology here, in the summer of 2003!

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:20

If BW and MT come back, I'll keep on traveling the World to attend the shows, as I always did.
If I have to see a concert played by Chuck & Blondie and their Rolling Stones, one will be enough (if they come my way).
Sorry Darryl, nothing personal against you,
Luca

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:24

If this tour, if it happens is limited as some people have reasonably suggested it looks like you'll have to go out of New Zealand....and I guess it's possible they may not even make Australia.....where will you go to pick them up ?

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:26

I'll be there.

I'm sure Mick won't permit them to tour if it'd be an embarrassment.

He has too much pride.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:34

colonial
With the word out on the street that it may be the last Stones tour...

I'm glad I don't live on Colonial's street.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:38

Right now I don't even think there will be a tour next year hopefully I'm wrong.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: July 20, 2011 13:53

I will go to as much concerts as money-wise possible

But I get a feeling as in the '81-'82 concerts when Jagger at the end shouted: "bye bye everybody, see ya next year" ...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 20, 2011 14:00

If they were going to tour, which I don't believe, I'd go to one or perhaps two shows only.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2011 14:00

Stoneage
Come on: I paid approx 82 Euro (820 SEK), (seated) for the stadium show (Sthlm Stadion), 64 Euro for the Globe Show (standing). To be fair, prices for the stadium show varied between 50 Euro (standing) to 110 Euro (best seated) and approx the same for the arena show (Globen). The Cirkus show (Club) were very hard to get by but they were all prized 50 Euro (500 SEK). We are talking about the Stockholm Triology here, in the summer of 2003!

My mistake Stoneage. There was a guy trying to sell his ticket on Circus for 200 Euro...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 20, 2011 14:07

UK, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona - maybe New York if I can get tickets again.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 20, 2011 14:50

buffalo7478

Stay home, or at least not anywhere near me....

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home