Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Plundered My Soul live in stead of Tumbling Dice 2015
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:12

Anybody disagree?
And KEEP UP BLUES could replace DOOM and GLOOM.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 00:14 by RipThisBone.

Re: Plundered My Soul live in stead of Tumbling Dice 2015
Date: May 27, 2015 00:29

I would replace "Tumbling Dice" but not "Doom and Gloom".

At the very least,they should move "Tumbling Dice" back towards the end of the show like '97 / '98.

All of these set lists since the last 2003 concerts are WAY too similar.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:34

They missed their opportunity to do Plundered with Mick Taylor. They should do No Spare Parts instead of Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:40

whitem8
They missed their opportunity to do Plundered with Mick Taylor.

Stop pretending that everything depends on if Mick Taylor plays with them or not... I'm sure Ronnie could play Taylor's parts on Plundered My Souls just fine.

I would also love to hear Following The River. Imagine Mick Jagger singing it while sitting behind his keyboard like on Worried About You, it could be mesmerizing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:49

You people are living in a fantasy land....and I want me a piece!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:58

treaclefingers
You people are living in a fantasy land....and I want me a piece!

Let Me Go!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:02

Ummmm no, obviously smiling smiley I'm all for having it in addition to however.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:09

EasterMan
whitem8

Stop pretending that everything depends on if Mick Taylor plays with them or not... I'm sure Ronnie could play Taylor's parts on Plundered My Souls just fine.

Except the intro, a tricky one. That's trademark Taylor.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:24

Albany 2005 - no Tumbling Dice. I didn't miss it one bit. When Mick sings it I enjoy it. More often than not, lately, he talks it.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 27, 2015 02:55

JTHanis
Albany 2005 - no Tumbling Dice. I didn't miss it one bit. When Mick sings it I enjoy it. More often than not, lately, he talks it.

Agree to all of the above......why not monkey man in its place or Street fighting Man.....if he goes back to singing it....that's a different story

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:12

You all can't ven agree to disagree!lol

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 27, 2015 04:14

Yeah, one more signature Mick Taylor part for Ron Wood to fart all over. That's the ticket.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:31

Your missing the entire point. I love Ronnie and Mick T, but Plundered was from Exile and it was very poignant that the two Mick's reconciled and played on a "new" stones song. I don't hear much of Keith in it, and seems like a hybrid Jagger solo song, but it is a scorcher, and having Mick T on it is very emotional and heartfelt.

I always found it really odd how Keith didn't seem to have a thing to do with Plundered. And was basically silent about it. I am sure Mick T just did it and didn't even really consult Keith, or Keith said do whatever you want, just send the check.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:41

LuxuryStones
EasterMan
whitem8

Except the intro, a tricky one. That's trademark Taylor.

Plus the fact that during the 2009 sessions for the outtakes, Jagger wrote the new lyrics against the new melodies that Taylor was coming up with, and probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:07

Very good news! Tumbling Dice is so boring it could remove Mountains...both Doom & Gloom and Plundered my Soul is superb songs...thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:02

No acknowledgement from the Stones in any form about this song since it was released. It will never get played live. And considering the only thing that was talked about was Mick had Taylor spend 20 minutes on it and Richards had zero clue that Taylor was on it, the only hype it got was an EXILE image filled tongue logo.

At least there are two mixes of it.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:31

71Tele
Yeah, one more signature Mick Taylor part for Ron Wood to fart all over. That's the ticket.

ha! yes...i too would prefer Mick Taylor play the guitar parts that he created. was really disappointed when Stones did not ask MT to be part of this tour.

for those that think nothing of having another guitarist imitate MT's playing...would you feel the same about having a substitute lead vocalist?

obviously, the band (w/ronnie) should play MT & BJ era tunes but...when as recently as 2yrs ago MT was welcomed back (on tour & in studio)...and they are on the homestretch of their career (& lives for that matter)...why not finish up with MT as a member?

and yes...i would like to hear plundered my soul instead of tumbling dice. and i am glad doom & gloom remains.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 16:36 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:02

Yes, I disagree. Plundered My Soul is nice, but I don't really understand all that enthusiasm for that song. I think they made the right decision leaving it out on the original Exile, and - to be honest - when I listen to Exile (which is almost on a weekly basis), I prefer listening to the original set. I don't think the new "bonus songs" add much.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:54

GasLightStreet
No acknowledgement from the Stones in any form about this song since it was released. It will never get played live. And considering the only thing that was talked about was Mick had Taylor spend 20 minutes on it and Richards had zero clue that Taylor was on it, the only hype it got was an EXILE image filled tongue logo.

At least there are two mixes of it.

PMS would have fit very well on Exile at the time it was released, it has that typical aura. Taylor probably would have played different, though. Jagger did miracles considering his age.

Date: May 27, 2015 21:57

It wasn't written at the time. Sounds like a drum/bass/guitar-loop with newly written vocals/backup vocals and guitar overdubs.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:05

Sure it has a loop, but we can hear it was written at that time, at least Keith sound is heavy early 7-tees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 22:41 by LuxuryStones.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:17

Star Star instead of Only Rock n Roll.
Emotional Rescue in stead of Miss You.
It's All Over Now instead of Satisfaction.

Pete.

Date: May 28, 2015 03:07

The thermographic video for "Miss You" on the 24th leads me to believe that "Emotional Rescue" was considered but then they didn't follow through with it. I wish that they would.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:29

matxil
Yes, I disagree. Plundered My Soul is nice, but I don't really understand all that enthusiasm for that song. I think they made the right decision leaving it out on the original Exile, and - to be honest - when I listen to Exile (which is almost on a weekly basis), I prefer listening to the original set. I don't think the new "bonus songs" add much.

I'm Not Signifying is excellent.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:32

Gomper instead of Start Me Up, with Matt Clifford on Mellotron.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:14

TD is the BEST tune Ever. Shall be played at every show. Skip Satisfaction though, and Miss You.

Play It wont take Long and I Need You with Keef and Mick on vox.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:17

PMS is the best abbreviation of a song title ever. Period.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:22

Come On
Very good news! Tumbling Dice is so boring it could remove Mountains...both Doom & Gloom and Plundered my Soul is superb songs...thumbs up

I have been Learning that many of you have terrible taste in Music by this song MATHCES.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home