Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - U2 Tour Manager Found Dead
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:53

[www.tmz.com]

CE smoking smiley

This was the only source I could find online.

Re: OT - U2 Tour Manager Found Dead
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:00

rip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 19:01 by alieb.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:01

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:05

RIP,

Now I have to follow the news to see if they cancel tonight's show which I have tickets for.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:10

The way U2 have been giving everything away for free lately, I'm not surprised.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:16

BluzDude
RIP,

Now I have to follow the news to see if they cancel tonight's show which I have tickets for.

Sad news. RIP.

Pretty sure they will still play tonight. Have fun at the show BluzDude and don't forget to give us a review.

peace

Date: May 27, 2015 20:19

Naturalust
BluzDude
RIP,

Sad news. RIP.

Pretty sure they will still play tonight. Have fun at the show BluzDude and don't forget to give us a review.

peace

I will check in tomorrow.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:48

They will play. Larry Mullen Jr's father died just a few days before their tour opener in Vancouver. He flew home for a Wednesday funeral and then made it back for the Thursday show.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:03

R.I.P. Dennis Sheehan

U2 Tour Manager found dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 21:31 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:28

Before U2, before Led Zeppelin, there was Stone the Crows. Dennis Sheehan was on hand the night Les Harvey was electrocuted on stage in 1972, and had to accompany the body to the hospital. It should be an interesting show tonight.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:36

Rest in Peace.
jeroen

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:36

Great guy.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:17

Wait

So who is Paul McGuiness?

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:51

Paul McGuiness is their former manager, Dennis Sheehan has been their tour manager (and what a good job he did) since 1982.

Many U2 fans have very fond memories of Mr Sheehan. His work, his way of dealing with things impress me a lot. Fantastic tour manager, among other great guys who work with/for U2 responsible for the good vibe surrounding U2 concerts.

Date: May 28, 2015 21:04

Some quick I Phone videos I took last night.

2 great concerts this week. First the Stones and last night U2.

Bono shared stories about Dennis Sheehan and decided to end the show with 40 as a dedication to him, which included a video montage. They must have put that together in a few hours, it was a nice tribute.

U2 played for about 2 hours 20 minutes with a short 8 to 10 minutes break during a video segment in the middle.

Looking at the setlists for this and other shows, this band plays lots of new music,and their "war horses" vary from tour to tour (Last time I saw them, they did not do Pride, I will Follow or Bad).

They were loud. The show ended about 12 hours ago and I still have ringing in my ears. I did not experience this at Petco Park on Sunday, even though the Stones were pretty loud. Maybe it's the outdoor thing.... Over all I thought the sound quality was better at the Stones show but maybe that's because my hearing isn't what it use to be.

I really liked the Stage setup. I would like to see more bands that play arenas or larger have a similar setup. Floor (where I was at) was GA and there was a long wide walkway along with a B-stage. The band, especially Bono spent a good part of the show on the walkway. Above it was a wide screen that stretched across most of the floor.
They may have achieved the expression "not a bad seat in the house", but I'll let you know Sunday as I return, with my son, to see them again, but this time I will be sitting upstairs.

The last time I got this close to a band playing at an arena was the 7th time I saw Led Zeppelin GA at the San Diego Sports Arena in 1973.

Looking forward to seeing them again on Sunday....not looking forward to getting out of the Forum's parking lot.....think I will look for a smaller off property lot this time.

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:22

Love your review BluzDude and enjoy the gig on Sunday.

So nice they had tributes from Bono and video montage in appreciation and dedication to Dennis Sheehan.

You also saw Led Zepp in the same period I saw them in London.

Lots to talk about when we meet up in London Town for The Who at Hyde Park June 26th. smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2015 22:42

Looking forward to meeting you on the 26th crawdaddy.

What was interesting about the Zeppelin shows was that the 16 times I saw them in Los Angeles between 1970 and 1977, all seats were reserved. The 2 times I saw them in San Diego, not only was the floor GA, but the entire arena was GA.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:49

Thanks for the report BluzDude!

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home