Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any chance the Stones expand their summer tour into bigger markets?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:07

Has anyone heard rumors of the Stones expanding their current tour into the late summer or early fall this year?

There are a lot of Stones friendly cities (Boston, New York etc,)who could easily fill a stadium for a show or two at reasonable prices that were avoided this time around.

Re: Any chance the Stones expand their summer tour into bigger markets?
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:40

New York ... Boston ... reasonable prices? Hahahahahahahaha!

Patrick Woodroffe (the Stones' lighting designer) said at the Fonda: These are the only shows the Stones will play in North America this year.

Which could mean - More shows this year, but not in North America. Or, more shows in North America, but not this year.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 25, 2015 19:47

They won't play more shows this year, except a South American tour.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:00

They always play in big cities like Boston and New York. It's nice yhey changed it around a bit to give folks in other areas a chance to go see them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 25, 2015 20:39

So... that means the answer to the thread title question is...

NO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:09

yeah this isn't going to happen. having them keep to a nice easy schedule likely means they'll be able to manage this for a long time, so in the words of the beatles, let it be.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:17

Ive been to both Boston and NYC for Stones concerts. Some of the lamest audiences I ever saw.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:49

I don't understand the question. To me, the entire country is now one big concrete jungle.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:52

Stay tuned here for future dates, not in the USA however. Talks are underway.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:54

What I see reads: "Any chance the Stones will come to me so I don't have to come to them?"
They won't, mate. Travel like we all did last year, make an adventure of it and help them sell out the scheduled shows!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:25

Why not give some more of the "secondary" markets a shot instead of N.Y., Boston, etc. again? They haven't played Vancouver since '06 and I'm sure they'd sell out B.C. Place (50,000+).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:36

andrewm
Why not give some more of the "secondary" markets a shot instead of N.Y., Boston, etc. again? They haven't played Vancouver since '06 and I'm sure they'd sell out B.C. Place (50,000+).

look punk, don't be called Vancouver a secondary market. we have the second highest real estate prices in the world...we're TOTALLY HOT!

On the other hand, we can barely afford to live in our own city, so maybe Mick realizes we can't afford tickets.

A BENEFIT CONCERT FOR THE PEOPLE OF VANCOUVER in Stanley Park!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 23:45

More Hot Rocks
Ive been to both Boston and NYC for Stones concerts. Some of the lamest audiences I ever saw.
Best audiences by far. Have seen every stones ms garden show since 1969 sorry you are ill-informed

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:03

Thanks for the help guys!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:41

treaclefingers
andrewm

look punk, don't be called Vancouver a secondary market. we have the second highest real estate prices in the world...we're TOTALLY HOT!

On the other hand, we can barely afford to live in our own city, so maybe Mick realizes we can't afford tickets.

Ha! I lived in Vancouver for five years (now in Victoria) and I certainly don't think of it as a secondary market.Some people apparently do, though.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 19:59

treaclefingers
andrewm

Yeah, all those B.C. Bud millionaires up there. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:04

Bigger markets? What's bigger than a sports stadium?

But I understand the OP's question. It's just that Jagger & Co. are thinking in terms of the oversaturation factor, given that they are touring every year these days, unlike before.

In earlier times, they could play the same markets each tour after being off the road for up to 5 years. But if they play the same places every year or two, sure an IORRian will go, and even see them multiple times on the same tour, but the casual classic rock fans, which are their bread and butter, would be unwilling to shell out again so soon and with the experience so recent in their memory, and they need to fill these venues to justify touring in the first place.

So now they are playing for people who wanted to see them in 2013 but couldn't.

The "bigger" markets that got their chance in 2013 will have to wait another year or two, if they keep to their current pattern of regular touring.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:25

Chris Fountain
I don't understand the question. To me, the entire country is now one big concrete jungle.

You need to visit some non-tourist destinations away from the east and west coasts (and some of the northern "coasts" as well. Widen your view. Lots of green and rural areas in the USA. I'm amazed sometimes how quickly I can be out of one of those concrete jungles and back into the country/rural America. Much of it beautiful with plenty of flowers you can stop and smell if you'd like!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:45

mr_dja
Chris Fountain

You need to visit some non-tourist destinations away from the east and west coasts (and some of the northern "coasts" as well. Widen your view. Lots of green and rural areas in the USA. I'm amazed sometimes how quickly I can be out of one of those concrete jungles and back into the country/rural America. Much of it beautiful with plenty of flowers you can stop and smell if you'd like!

Peace,
Mr DJA
aint that the effin truth which I believe keith and Ronnie enjoy just like there road trip in Arkansas in mid 70s

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 01:50

Well now we know they do expand it into "bigger markets". Not that we ordinary folks get anything from it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:34

andrewm

The Belly-Up Tavern is the location for tonight's show that was purchased from Seattle/Vancouver/Denver for $2 Mil....

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:12

Folks in Boston can easily get to Quebec City of Buffalo. NYC folks can easily get to Buffalo. Toronto folks can easily get to Buffalo.

Can't see any additional NA shows this year.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:01

<<Folks in Boston can easily get to Quebec City of Buffalo.>>

The subway trains I ride don't run that far.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2015 04:07

What about Stones style sexy-lingerie for PLUS size ladies???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:04

They are adding Hollywood Bowl at the end of the current go-round.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:33

They seem to be expanding it already with private shows for the wealthy and connected.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:54

sdstonesguy
They are adding Hollywood Bowl at the end of the current go-round.

I heard this rumor and hope it's correct.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home