Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Fonda Theatre recorded in 4K resolution
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:49

No sign of when it will be released...

[dugdaleblog.com]

Re: Fonda Theatre recorded in 4K resolution
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:57

That's the guy who did Sweet Summer Sun... prepare for dizzying cuts every three seconds.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 24, 2015 12:03

Nikkei
That's the guy who did Sweet Summer Sun... prepare for dizzying cuts every three seconds.

Oh nothumbs down

Can someone please explain what 4K resolution is?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 12:08

JumpinJeppeFlash
Nikkei

Oh nothumbs down

basically super high quality crisp crystal clear picture but i believe you need a 4k tv to experience it also it makes sense to release this seeing as they done some fan interviews about the album too

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2015 12:30

JumpinJeppeFlash

Have a look here - 4K resolution: [en.wikipedia.org] as well as Ultra-high-definition television: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 24, 2015 12:39

Irix
JumpinJeppeFlash

Have a look here - 4K resolution: [en.wikipedia.org] as well as Ultra-high-definition television: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Thanks!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 24, 2015 13:14

JumpinJeppeFlash
Nikkei

Oh nothumbs down

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 24, 2015 13:25

Nikkei

I don't care i'll close my eyes when the editing goes silly and epiletpic. I did this for the "Exile" docu and for "Crossfire Hurricane". thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 13:27 by dcba.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 24, 2015 13:38

I really really hope it won't be as many cuts as in Sweet Summer Sun confused smiley
For me it just destroyes the feeling of 'being there'.
Especially for a club show where they stand closely together it would make sence to cut not as much. Also in 4k you can do less closeups because you can see everything sharp even if you do many long shots.

The worst thing about the editing of Sweet Summer Sun is that you often see something different than you hear
(here an example of jjf: keith runs and doesn't play but you can hear him playing [www.youtube.com])
Worst moment is when Charlie hits both cymbals at the end of you got the silver and you can't hear any cymbal.
But I think with just one recorded concert that shouldn't happen

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 13:52 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 24, 2015 13:54

Would those who have seen Sweet Summer Sun and found the editing annoying consider contacting Dugdale, voicing their opinions tactfully, and offering constructive suggestions? He has a contact form right on his blog. [dugdaleblog.com]

I haven't seen Sweet Summer Sun, but all this talk about frenetic editing is concerning. By all first hand accounts, the Fonda performance was phenomenal and it would be a shame if the film makers fail to present it properly. Let the camera linger on the powerful, riveting moments (such as Keith's intro on YGM, as several have described). Overly quick cuts are very distracting and
call attention to the editing rather than the performance. IORRians represent the typical buyer for the DVD (not young kids w/ the attention span of a gnat who need a change of scene every 2 seconds to remain engaged). Maybe Dugdale will consider the opinions of the target audience and maybe he won't, but it couldn't hurt to at least try to reach out to him, IMO.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 24, 2015 13:59

I'd rather get a 3D Blu Ray, now that would be something! They shot HP with 3D cameras but nothing got released unfortunately. Even with my Panasonic 3D1 I got some breathtaking footage that takes me back there each time ;-) I'd put it on YT but they had it pulled :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:01

honestly as long as the audio quality is good i'm happy. it was a great set list.

Date: May 24, 2015 14:04

Plink
Would those who have seen Sweet Summer Sun and found the editing annoying consider contacting Dugdale, voicing their opinions tactfully, and offering constructive suggestions? He has a contact form right on his blog. [dugdaleblog.com]

I haven't seen Sweet Summer Sun, but all this talk about frenetic editing is concerning. By all first hand accounts, the Fonda performance was phenomenal and it would be a shame if the film makers fail to present it properly. Let the camera linger on the powerful, riveting moments (such as Keith's intro on YGM, as several have described). Overly quick cuts are very distracting and
call attention to the editing rather than the performance. IORRians represent the typical buyer for the DVD (not young kids w/ the attention span of a gnat who need a change of scene every 2 seconds to remain engaged). Maybe Dugdale will consider the opinions of the target audience and maybe he won't, but it couldn't hurt to at least try to reach out to him, IMO.
Good idea! when I find time today i will sit down and write some friendly criticism - or anybody here who want's to do that? My english isn't very good.
Or I could post it here before sending it to him and you could check the grammar.

Date: May 24, 2015 14:06

Turner68
honestly as long as the audio quality is good i'm happy. it was a great set list.
The audio will be good as long they hire Bob Clearmontain!

Date: May 24, 2015 14:08

^^^
Your English seems quite good to me, StonesRambler thumbs up, but I'd be happy to check your grammar (as would others, I'm sure) if you wanted to post your critique here first smiling smiley

Date: May 24, 2015 14:10

Plink
^^^
Your English seems quite good to me, StonesRambler thumbs up, but I'd be happy to check your grammar (as would others, I'm sure) if you wanted to post your critique here first smiling smiley

Okay then I will do it! grinning smiley
First I will watch Sweet Summer Sun again to pick some particular examples.
But in a few hours I will post my text here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 14:17 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:23

Please do, StonedRambler!
I wanted to give Mr Dugdale a link to this thread, but his contact form doesn't allow links
(which is also unfortunate because he specifically asks us to include email addresses, then the form disallows them.)
But anyway I gave him the best directions I could for finding this thread and I hope he stops by.

Date: May 24, 2015 14:23

^^^ Excellent! thumbs up

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:26

I reckon if they've got to all that expense,it's an absolute certainty the gig will be officially released.

Date: May 24, 2015 14:26

Turner68

+ 1

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:31

Does this mean I have to go out and buy a new screen or screens to see this if in fact it gets released?

Date: May 24, 2015 14:32

DandelionPowderman
Turner68

+ 1
^^^
Well, I guess I want it all - great audio AND excellent, non-seizure inducing video winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 14:33 by Plink.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:36

PLEASE RELEASE ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IN THE BAND HISTORY

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:38

Let's not moan about this! Just release it!!

Date: May 24, 2015 14:47

We'll probably get a Bluray title which is the best way to listen to this show as BR titles offer uncompressed audio files.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 24, 2015 14:48

Nikkei

You mean you don't have the attention span of Dave Lee Roth on speed? tsk tsk. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out The trouble is most of these "exciting" directors and editors believe people like you are in the minority.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: May 24, 2015 15:05

with sssoul

I wanted to give Mr Dugdale a link to this thread, but his contact form doesn't allow links (which is also unfortunate because he specifically asks us to include email addresses, then the form disallows them.)

His eMail-address is: paul@dugdale.tv

I think the message to Paul Dugdale could be quite simple: RS should release the Fonda-Theatre-Show as soon as possible and P. Dugdale should preserve the magic of that night as much as possible in the Video.

Date: May 24, 2015 16:41

I have written a draft, please correct my mistakes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

--------------------------------
Dear Paul Dugdale,

I am writing in the name of people from the Rolling Stones fan club IORR.org.
We are very happy that the Sticky Fingers Show at the Fonda Theatre was recorded and we are looking forward to the film.
As you are the Director we wanted to write you some critical thoughts of us to the 'Sweet Summer Sun' release of 2013.
Unfortunately there are some things about the editing that makes the film less enjoyable than it could be.

The editing is done, like often today, with a very high number of cuts to show many different perspectives in less time. It makes for us that it’s a bit exhausting to watch and we hardly get the feeling of 'being there'.
There are moments shown over and over again in which the camera is moving quickly over the audience, which makes it hard to focus on something. The same thing with a rotary camera over the drum-kit, that turns quickly up and down.
While there are many nice close-ups in the film that show special facial expressions and emotions, we also wish to see more of the stage in its entirety – as if you would look from a seat in the front area. So that you more get the feeling of 'being there'.

What’s also a bit disturbing is when you see something different that you hear. For example at the end of 'You Got The Silver' (41:01) you see Charlie playing two cymbals at the same time, but you can’t hear any cymbal.
In 'Jumpin’ Jack Flash' (at 1:19:32) Keith stops playing for a moment while he is running, but you can still hear him. I guess it’s because the film is cut together from two concerts but such moments are a bit confusing when you pay attention to what they play.

We wish for the new film of the Sticky Fingers show that the theatre atmosphere doesn’t get lost,
and we hope the small stage and the 4k technology gives you possibilities to show much of the entire band over the whole screen – without that many cuts as in 'Sweet Summer Sun'.
We looking forward to the release and wish you good working!
When would you guess will it come out?

Best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 17:35 by StonedRambler.

Date: May 24, 2015 16:57

Answer :

"Bugger off! I'll do what Mick tells me to do!" grinning smiley

I suspect this guy works under Mick's direct orders. He gets a few instructions about what and waht-nto to do he edits one or two songs sends them to Mick for review. When he gets the green light he edits the whole performance according to the sample(s).

I'm sure Mick wants sth fast-paced and energic. The director of the DVD's are just servants.

Date: May 24, 2015 17:20

StonedRambler

I have written a draft, please correct my mistakes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

At least 3 corrections:

Dear Paul Dugdale,

We wish for the new film of the Sticky Fingers show that the theatre atmosphere doesn’t get lost ... [cut out 'too much']

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 17:25 by Irix.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home