Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

opening acts
Posted by: jagged69 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 08:37

Hey,New to site first post long time fan of the Stones.I have seen them 6 times since 1989 have seen many different openers like Living Color in 89 to Brian Adams at the cotton bowl, smashing pumpkins,to Los Lonly Boys in Austin.has any one heard any news about who may be opening for the Boys,would like to have time to listen to who ever they may be before hand Im going to see the Boys in kansas any info would be great thanks all

Re: opening acts
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:04

I hear Mick Taylor is available, due to a recent change in his schedule.

Warm Up Acts for the Zip Code Tour
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 18, 2015 22:55

Seems obvious they are going to have some but I've heard very little about who is scheduled to play. I can't imagine they haven't all been chosen yet and that word hasn't leaked out on the names of the bands.

I'm guessing Alabama Shakes might get the slot in Nashville since they play Bonnaroo in Tennessee on June 12 and have a break in the schedule before heading to the UK for a June 24 show.

Anybody heard any rumors or have solid info on the warmup acts? Any other guesses or hopes on who's going to play where?

peace

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 28, 2015 08:28

bump..

Seems like we should be hearing something soon. This lack of information is a bit disturbing. Maybe waiting till (most) the ticket are sold so they have negotiating power on the warmup bands fee? A hot band could indeed help sales in places like Columbus where tickets are not selling as fast as planned.

Can't recall what the precedent for the time this info is announced with Stones shows....but I'm ready now.

peace

Posted by: jkundl ()
Date: April 28, 2015 08:47

Okay if you're going to open for The Stones, you gotta be pretty damn good and get the crowd pumped up. George Thorogood & The Destroyers/Lynyrd Skynyrd/The Boss/John Fogerty would be good bands to open for The Stones I think

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 28, 2015 09:05

Aside from Indy. I don't recall any mention of opening acts being advertised.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home