Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
OT: Jeff Beck
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2014 23:57

Jeff Beck and ZZ Top.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-10 09:05 by bv.

Re: OT: Now this sounds good this summer.
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 4, 2014 04:27

Aerosmith and Slash are also touring this summer. I can't wait for that.

But yeah, Beck and ZZ Top are a good match too.

Re: OT: Now this sounds good this summer.
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 4, 2014 05:22

That would look really cool if Jeff would stop shaving--he could grow one down to his shoulders by July.

Re: OT: Jeff Beck and ZZ Top on tour August.
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 4, 2014 11:40

I am so going to this show!smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 4, 2014 11:50

Is it like Bob Dylan & The Band (Jeff Beck & ZZ Top), they're just playing his songs because he is the star here...maybe 4 or 5 ZZ Top songs when Jeff is off stage having a beer and changing shirt...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 4, 2014 12:40

Come On
Is it like Bob Dylan & The Band (Jeff Beck & ZZ Top), they're just playing his songs because he is the star here...maybe 4 or 5 ZZ Top songs when Jeff is off stage having a beer and changing shirt...

umm...zz top has sold probably 20X as many albums as jeff beck

Date: April 4, 2014 13:37

Jeff is certainly keeping busy these days with the touring till September and a new album coming out.

Really looking forward to seeing him again at RAH May 14th. smiling smiley

Date: April 4, 2014 13:50

keefriffhard4life
Come On

Doesn't matter. Beck was earlier on the scene and hugely influential, already a legend by the time ZZ were starting out. I'm sure ZZ are as in awe of Beck and his 60s bands as they are of, say, Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators.

Date: April 4, 2014 13:55

stonehearted
keefriffhard4life
Come On

Doesn't matter. Beck was earlier on the scene and hugely influential, already a legend by the time ZZ were starting out. I'm sure ZZ are as in awe of Beck and his 60s bands as they are of, say, Roky Erikson and the 13th Floor Elevators.

beck is still OPENING for zz top though and then joining them for an encore

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2014 14:04

I've never been to a Jeff Beck concert, but I saw ZZ Top once and it was one of the best concerts I've ever attended.

Date: April 4, 2014 14:12

keefriffhard4life
stonehearted
keefriffhard4life
Come On

beck is still OPENING for zz top though and then joining them for an encore

I'll bet this is the first opening act the ZZs have ever been in awe of.

Date: April 4, 2014 14:17

I've never seen ZZ Top live,but always wanted to.

Heard they got a reputation playing a really good set, but a bit on the short side .

Maybe max of hour and a half. I may be wrong.

Seeing both of these bands playing for maybe an hour each and then together at the end would be a dream gig for me.

Seen Jeff 3 times and each gig was great.

Mostly instumentals,apart from when guests,usually female, are on stage but his guitar playing is another level all on his own.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 4, 2014 14:44

crawdaddy
I've never seen ZZ Top live,but always wanted to.

Maybe max of hour and a half. I may be wrong.

I think there's a few bands/musicians that will never disappoint you on a live concert. ZZ Top is one of them, though their concert lasts one hour and a half.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:02

Sounds like a good time.

I was able to attende Billy Gibbon's NYC club show, this past December. Very cool and groovin' the whole time. Had some cool stories between numbers.

Not really a fan of ZZ Top, but after BG show, I'd go see them in a second.

Never seen Beck live, but I'd like to.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 4, 2014 15:47

Still not sure if I'll be able to catch Beck at the Grand Rex in May...saw him in SF in 2001 at Warfield (?) when he was "relaunching" his career with the help of Jennifer Batten and it was amazing. When is his new album coming out?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2014 17:57

Saw Beck for the first time last summer with Brian Wilson. It was amazing. This is a bit of genius to pair up with ZZ Top.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 4, 2014 19:03

Excellent double bill. I will attend for sure

Date: April 4, 2014 20:29

Beck is amazing and ZZ Top fun to watch.

First time I saw ZZ Top was in 1981 Dallas Texas October 31st and November 1st. They were the Stones warm up!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2014 20:32

I've seen them both numerous times, but to see them together will definitely be a highlight of all concert's I've attended.
When will the L.A. show go on sale?

ZZ Beck

Date: April 4, 2014 20:41

Have seen ZZ 4 times and Jeff Beck three times but only once by himself.

Saw Beck on the "There and Back" tour and then the British Invasion Dallas Concerts. Thas was very cool. Few Stones, Who, Clapton and that is the only time I have seen Jimmy Page live.

Beck and ZZ Top going to be cool. KANSAS CITY HERE I COME!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 20:44 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 5, 2014 02:14

Both put on good shows but I would love to see the Rod Stewart/ Ronnie Woods version of the Jeff Beck Group tour again.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 05:05

I realize Becks been around forever. What songs is he famous for though and what is it exactly that makes him as popular as he still seem's to be?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 5, 2014 06:31

this has to be about cars….buying more cars.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 5, 2014 18:03

My guess that the shows will be a similar format to the tour with Brian Wilson from last year: Each plays a set for slightly more than an hour, and they join up for a few at the end.

I've seen Jeff Beck several times in recent years. Some of his instrumentals are a little over the top, but his playing is jaw-dropping. I was really impressed by ZZ Top when I saw them at New Orleans Jazzfest in 2007 after a five inches of rain in two hours storm. They're a model of efficiency, not a wasted note in Billy Gibbons' playing.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 5, 2014 18:17

Hairball
I've seen them both numerous times, but to see them together will definitely be a highlight of all concert's I've attended.
When will the L.A. show go on sale?

ZZ Beck

Some venues on sale this week:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: April 5, 2014 18:53

rob51
I realize Becks been around forever. What songs is he famous for though and what is it exactly that makes him as popular as he still seem's to be?

he is one of the few people who is popular simply for playing guitar. i don't think he really has a signature tune that keeps him popular

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:26

ZZ Top is fantastic live. Yes it's not longer than 90 minutes, yes their setlist is fairly static and they rarely break out super rare song.

But they sound fantastic, Billy still has all his guitar playing chops, and the added bonus is just the cool way they intuitively swing back and forth in sync. Badass

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 19:57

I have seen ZZ Top the last year. I went because they came to my hometown, where nobody ever plays. It was probably the first "big" concert here. I didn't know much about them, but since they really almost played in my backyard, I went.

First I have to say that the sound was terrible. It really was and the arena itself can not be the reason, since I saw Deep Purple there two months ago (second "big" concert in my hometown and again, I didn't know much about Purple, but I just had to go :-) ) and their sound was really good.

Inspite of the sound, the ZZ Top show was just great, Billy's playing was outstanding and their stage presence was just what one expects. Really a great show and if I ever have another chance, I will surely go again, hoping for better sound.

As for the Purple - their show was also enjoyable, very positive vibes comming from the stage, but the music is just not exactly my taste. But of course I am glad I saw them.

Edit: I just checked the tickets and just for the record - the ZZ Top ticket (FOS) was 35 Euro and the Deep Purple ticket (GA - there was only 1 category and I was just some 3 meters from the stage) was 25 Euro. Really. No kidding. And the arena is like 25 minutes of walk from where I live. How could I not go?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 20:09 by Happy24.

Date: April 5, 2014 20:37

Yeh ! It's good to have a go at listening and watching bands play all sort of music,and there is nothing like a live performance.

Too many people say, 'that music is rubbish.................how can you possibly like that'.

As if their taste in music is the only one anyone can possibly like.

I like Deep Purple and I like country music and I like a bit of jazz someimes.

My list is endless.

The only hit that Jeff had here in the U.K. was Hi Ho Silver Lining many years ago and remember dancing to it at my 21st birthday party which was just over 40 years ago now.

His signature tune to me, maybe Becks Bolero and also Superstition that he almost recorded before Stevie Wonder had a worldwide hit with it.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 5, 2014 21:57

A very odd combination of talent but I'll be waiting in line for tickets!

CBII

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home