Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ron Wood now 40 Years a "Rolling Stone"
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:44

Cant believe it, it was the 14th of April 1975!!!

Re: Ron Wood now 40 Years a "Rolling Stone"
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 14, 2015 23:57

He's still the new guy in the band.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 15, 2015 00:11

Actually, more like 20 or 21. He wasn't made a full member until after Bill Wyman's departure.

But insofar as playing with the band, you'd have to include It's Only Rock and Roll, which he is said to have also co-written, so, 41 years by now.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 15, 2015 00:12

one aspect of his playing I really like is how he plays the B bender telecaster..

he really has developed it over the years in the Stones..

Date: April 15, 2015 00:15

duke richardson
one aspect of his playing I really like is how he plays the B bender telecaster..

he really has developed it over the years in the Stones..

On some songs like She's So Cold, DF and BTMMR, absolutely.

I wish he would take his Strat or Music Man back for TD, though.

I'm a big Clarence White (and Gene Parsons) fan, so I'd say there is still room for improvement smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2015 00:24

stonehearted
Actually, more like 20 or 21. He wasn't made a full member until after Bill Wyman's departure.

But insofar as playing with the band, you'd have to include It's Only Rock and Roll, which he is said to have also co-written, so, 41 years by now.

November 1973 sessions for IORR included Black Limousine with Woody. December is when they did It's Only Rock'N'Roll with Bowie etc.

So 41 years plus a few months... for his involvement with the Stones. His being an official fully fledged member in The Rolling Stone started in 1990. So... 25 years as an official "member" of The Rolling Stones.

Date: April 15, 2015 00:27

GasLightStreet
stonehearted

November 1973 sessions for IORR included Black Limousine with Woody. December is when they did It's Only Rock'N'Roll with Bowie etc.

So 41 years plus a few months... for his involvement with the Stones. His being an official fully fledged member in The Rolling Stone started in 1990. So... 25 years as an official "member" of The Rolling Stones.

1991, wasn't it?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 15, 2015 07:13

It's taken me a long time to come around to Ronnie, but I understand now that it would have been difficult for them to continue without him. Keith went from a lead player in the beginning to being diminished by Mick Taylor. Ronnie kept the ball rolling with his stinging slide work. He doesn't have the emotional depth of Brian or the lift that Taylor had, but he's the go to guy in the Stones, whether it's slide, pedal steel, and a couple good shots at bass many moons ago.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 15, 2015 10:40

Ron… who? This band changes so fast I can't keep up with all these changes…

Date: April 15, 2015 11:08

slewan
Ron… who? This band changes so fast I can't keep up with all these changes…

Yeah, you're still thinking that Dick Taylor is in the band, right? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 15, 2015 11:15

Brian 8 years (1962-69)
Mick 6 years (1969-74)
Ronnie 40 years 1975 -

This reveals that Mick and Keith are very good employers of musicians, nowadays...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 15, 2015 16:48

Whatever the hell the anniversary date is, congratulations Ronnie!

Thanks for sticking with the band through thick and thin, good times and bad times.

Our heart's for you, so in tribute, a little something from Elvis:

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 15, 2015 17:08

still hitting wrong notes!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 15, 2015 17:10

TravelinMan
still hitting wrong notes!

eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

(He rarely hit wrong notes 1975-1976 actually...)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 15, 2015 21:35

Wasn't Ronnie 'officially' unveiled as their newest member in 1976, though? I always believed he was only a hired-hand on the 1975 North American tour.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 15, 2015 21:41

I'm going to a birthday celebration in May for a 90 year old who is still called "Baby" because he was the youngest of four brothers. Makes me think of Ronnie... no matter how long he's been with the Stones or how old he is, he'll still always be the "baby" Stone. Not a bad adjective to have as you get into your 60's and beyond. Happy anniversary to Ronnie Wood! smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 15, 2015 22:01

Come On
Brian 8 years (1962-69)
Mick 6 years (1969-74)
Ronnie 40 years 1975 -

This reveals that Mick and Keith are very good employers of musicians, nowadays...

Too bad the musicians employed aren't appropriate for the group.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 15, 2015 22:05

Newbie! winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 17, 2015 01:09

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
stonehearted

1991, wasn't it?

Japan tour, 1990 is what all the literature says.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 17, 2015 02:05

that was just for his cut of the money-one look at the cover of black and blue said it all,ronnie wasnt going anywhere.

he has been a huge asset to the stones and to this day he still doesnt get the credit he deserves.from letting slide the co-writing credit/money for its only rock and roll[which he did indeed write with mick]to putting up with untold grief from the twins he hung tough and never walked away-stones are born not made and ronnie is and alway was a stone,even before he was in the band!

Date: April 18, 2015 16:57

lem motlow
that was just for his cut of the money-one look at the cover of black and blue said it all,ronnie wasnt going anywhere.

he has been a huge asset to the stones and to this day he still doesnt get the credit he deserves.from letting slide the co-writing credit/money for its only rock and roll[which he did indeed write with mick]to putting up with untold grief from the twins he hung tough and never walked away-stones are born not made and ronnie is and alway was a stone,even before he was in the band!

thumbs up

Posted by: carlosrr ()
Date: April 18, 2015 17:01

"Mick 6 years (1969-74)"

Curious math......... smiling smiley

"Support International Tourism,
Visit Matamoros, Mexico"

Date: April 18, 2015 17:04

carlosrr
"Mick 6 years (1969-74)"

Curious math......... smiling smiley

count on your fingers...year by year

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 18, 2015 17:11

Good for Ronnie!!!

He has been playing great on these past couple mini-tours. Keep it up dude!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 18, 2015 17:25

40 years in the biggest r&r band and VH1 still thinks he's the bassist.
See number 12 on the list.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 18, 2015 19:28

lem motlow
from letting slide the co-writing credit/money for its only rock and roll[which he did indeed write with mick

I always wondered about that too until someone here pointed out he traded writing credits on that tune for a tune Mick and Keith gave him for his solo record. Not that it was a particularly good trade in retrospect but it does show that he realized he had some valuable product worth trading song for song. And since he only co-wrote it and was given the whole credit for the other tune, it might even have looked like a decent deal to him.

I also think it helped secure his choice to join the band by making Mick and Keith think he had a few more tunes like It's Only Rock and Roll in him.

peace

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 18, 2015 20:20

the new boy!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 18, 2015 21:02

Thanks Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 18, 2015 21:11

Naturalust
lem motlow
from letting slide the co-writing credit/money for its only rock and roll[which he did indeed write with mick

I always wondered about that too until someone here pointed out he traded writing credits on that tune for a tune Mick and Keith gave him for his solo record. Not that it was a particularly good trade in retrospect but it does show that he realized he had some valuable product worth trading song for song. And since he only co-wrote it and was given the whole credit for the other tune, it might even have looked like a decent deal to him.

I also think it helped secure his choice to join the band by making Mick and Keith think he had a few more tunes like It's Only Rock and Roll in him.

peace

IORR was traded for I Can Feel The Fire wasn't it? I'd love to hear Mick have a go at that song.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2015 23:58

Come On
Brian 8 years (1962-69)
Mick 6 years (1969-74)
Ronnie 40 years 1975 -

And it so happens they havent once been close to their Golden era in these 40 years.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home