Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ticket sales
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:04

What's the word? Going well? According to TM, Dallas and Milwaukee are almost sold out.

Re: ticket sales
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:06

The definition of a "Sellout" has been changed for this tour. It's intransparent like never before.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:06

Send It To me
What's the word? Going well? According to TM, Dallas and Milwaukee are almost sold out.

Don't believe it...more available tickets will magically appear !!!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:08

All I could find in Buffalo today, aside from the 5,422 on Stub Hub and the Platinum tix on TM were a few singles at $403 each. Basically a sellout.

Guessing with the stand configuration with seats behind the stage not used, that is about 60,000 people.

Pretty good for a small market.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:09

buffalo7478
All I could find in Buffalo today, aside from the 5,422 on Stub Hub and the Platinum tix on TM were a few singles at $403 each. Basically a sellout.

Guessing with the stand configuration with seats behind the stage not used, that is about 60,000 people.

Pretty good for a small market.

That's awesome, shows are more fun with a full house!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:09

And that was without any Lucky Dips in Buffalo

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:12

I am somewhat curious about this whole Buffalo situation. The only stop with no Lucky Dip tickets offered and now the the reports of better sales than anywhere else. Good for the city to suport the Stones so well.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:12

Tickets are still available to every show I've checked out, probably will be up till the day of the show. The sold out reports in the media seems to be all hype down to the last one.

It will be a successful tour, but as Nikkei says nothing is transparent at this point concerning ticket sales, imo.

peace

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:15

They are withholding VIP seats until they think the market on those is dried up. Then those, formerly VIP seats, will be made available at face value.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:40

virgil
I will just keep posting this until some people listen.

Aug 2005 they played 2 nights at Fenway pk Boston 40,000, 5 months later Jan 2006 played 2 Nights Boston garden 18,000, 8 months later Sept 2006 1 night Gillette stadium Foxboro 25 miles south of Boston. Maybe over exposer factored into this but the day of the Gillette show I paid face value $22.50 for my ticket. The price had been lowered from what was origanally a $99.00 seat because of slow sales.

They lowered plenty of seat price's two - three weeks before many of the all arena shows in 2013.

All Stadiums plenty of tickets will be floating around. They are trying to create thier own market with these bullshit presales and then in the general sale they will release them in dribbs and drabbs .

Keep checking the RS. com Some of the Lucky Dips will show as we move forward.

Patience is key as drbryant once wrote

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:41

The motto for anyone looking for tickets: a sold-out show is a rarity. Or rather, there's always a ticket to be had somewhere, by hook or by crook.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 17, 2015 06:13

LetsWork
They are withholding VIP seats until they think the market on those is dried up. Then those, formerly VIP seats, will be made available at face value.

...or less even, substantially less. I can go by experience on that.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 17, 2015 06:22

More tickets are now available on Ticketmaster for Buffalo. From what I can see, as of today, the only show where ALL tickets (VIP, package, etc) are basically gone, is San Diego.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 17, 2015 06:31

2120Wolf
Send It To me

Hey Rocky... watch me pull a ticket out of my hat!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 17, 2015 06:34

drbryant
More tickets are now available on Ticketmaster for Buffalo. From what I can see, as of today, the only show where ALL tickets (VIP, package, etc) are basically gone, is San Diego.

Platinum tickets in very good locations are still available for this show. You want the first few rows and are willing to spent $4000 a ticket, they are still there. The $175 seats listed earlier today are apparently no longer available. Not sure about the cheap seats but I suspect more will be released during the week. Besides many thousands are still available from the secondary sellers.

peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 17, 2015 07:27

josepi
2120Wolf
Send It To me

Hey Rocky... watch me pull a ticket out of my hat!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 17, 2015 09:24

2120Wolf
Send It To me

In the beginning of a sale promoters try to force the buyers into the platinum/gold/etc.-sections by keeping the number of available "normal" tickets
small.
When a quantum of those expensive platinum etc. packages is sold they start to release the whole (and real) amount of normal tickets.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: April 17, 2015 15:17

The time when The Stones could sell out a show in minutes is long way past,as others have explained the "sold out" claim is just a trick to make you buy the much more expensive packages,tickets will be available galore on the day of the show.....

"You know who l am, say it"

Date: April 17, 2015 15:25

It seems to be a choice of:

1) Get kinda-crummy face value seats during the presale;
2) Get first-few-row seats at a premium markup during the initial on-sale;
3) Get row 5-8 seats at face value a few days after the on-sale;
4) Get rows 8-? at a markdown a couple of weeks before the show from the box office; or
5) Roll the dice with scalpers or Lucky Dip on the day of the show and possibly get a bargain.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 17, 2015 15:30

ROPS
The time when The Stones could sell out a show in minutes is long way past,as others have explained the "sold out" claim is just a trick to make you buy the much more expensive packages,tickets will be available galore on the day of the show.....

Not really...They sold out the 75000 (76,495 in attendance) Stade de France in 30 minutes last year...the prices were MUCH more reasonable though, €110 for VIP GA, €95 for Gold GA, €150 for the best seats.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-17 15:33 by gotdablouse.

Date: April 17, 2015 15:33

They're always holding back tickets till the last day(s) before the shows to avoid scalping.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 17, 2015 15:36

gotdablouse
ROPS

Not really...They sold out the 75000 (76,495 in attendance) Stade de France in 30 minutes last year...the prices were MUCH more reasonable though, €110 for VIP GA, €95 for Gold GA, €150 for the best seats.

+ pinkpop & werchter. Sold out in about an hour. Those are all 60.000+ venues.

Date: April 17, 2015 16:28

Pinkpop was a festival with other acts.

Date: April 17, 2015 16:36

Arlington is all but sold out.

There is a few single tickets left and a few Platium Tickets left.

There might be a few pairs of tickets show back up but that is only from orders that did not fill for one reason or another.

Save this post. ALL LARGE AMOUNT OF TICKETS FOR ARLINGTON WILL NOT MAGICALLY APPEAR. FACT!

Posted by: GPerel ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:37

BowieStone
gotdablouse
ROPS

+ pinkpop & werchter. Sold out in about an hour. Those are all 60.000+ venues.

Yes, Werchter was really sold out the day of the general on-sail. About the show in Paris, it's not right, I've seen tickets on sale later, on stadefrance.com. All the newspapers said "sold out in 51 minutes", but it wasn't right at all...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 17, 2015 16:42

ROPS

It's down to the sophisticated pricing and supply and demand. If you priced all the tickets at $80-100 the whole thing would sell out in minutes and you'd get scalpers getting the premium for the good seats.

NOW, they maximize their value of each show by selling to each type of consumer.

A sell out doesn't exist any more, because of the way they are selling the tickets. They could easily sell out in most markets, by pricing the old way.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 17, 2015 17:35

I believe the Stones could sell out a stadium show if they priced the tickets to market value. But damn, $400 tickets that put you 35 yards from the stage - that's front row money in a stadium.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: April 17, 2015 19:50

Leonioid
I am somewhat curious about this whole Buffalo situation. The only stop with no Lucky Dip tickets offered and now the the reports of better sales than anywhere else. Good for the city to suport the Stones so well.

When the Stones last played Orchard Park NY (which is where the stadium actually is - it is not within the city limits of Buffalo) in 1997, the lower house was sold but virtually nothing in the upper deck was. 35 - 40,000 people there. I assume the demand has grown since then

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 17, 2015 20:05

LetsWork

100% of the tickets sold for that day were sold to people who wanted to see the stones.

Date: April 17, 2015 20:18

BowieStone
LetsWork

100% of the tickets sold for that day were sold to people who wanted to see the stones.

Ok.

What percentage of people there that day only bought tickets for that day, and not a full festival pass?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2319
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home