Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ted Newman Jones guitar at Montauk 1975?
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 30, 2015 18:38

For the guitar anoraks like me....

Until date it is assumed the TNJ guitar Richards used in 1973 vanished after that tour -rumors always was Richards either gave it away, or that it got destroyed in a fire.

On the Montauk pictures there's a guitar on the right couch, next to Bill Wyman's Armstrong London bass. The guitar appears to be 'a' TNJ guitar with the same shape as the 1973 one, but now with a PAF humbucker at the neck. Or is it the 1973 TNJ? Or something else alltogether?

Re: Ted Newman Jones guitar at Montauk 1975?
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 30, 2015 19:22

In case that there's a pic in your post Mathijs, I can't see one.
Probably my old computer doesn't work right anymore.
BTW, yes, I did like the TNJ guitars. Turning 63 this summer
I do remember them well.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:17

looks like a 6 strings guitar - but I can be wrong

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:29

Mathijs

Until date it is assumed the TNJ guitar Richards used in 1973 vanished after that tour -rumors always was Richards either gave it away, or that it got destroyed in a fire.

On the Montauk pictures there's a guitar on the right couch, next to Bill Wyman's Armstrong London bass. The guitar appears to be 'a' TNJ guitar with the same shape as the 1973 one, but now with a PAF humbucker at the neck. Or is it the 1973 TNJ? Or something else alltogether?

Where is the photo from?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 30, 2015 20:36

A good question for Pierre. I'm sure Keith has plenty of guitars in his collection that were once favorites and are still around but rarely see the light of day due to other instruments taking their place. Didn't Keith start playing a Les Paul more frequently around that time on stuff he had previously played a TNJ?

peace

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 30, 2015 21:52

caschimann
Mathijs

Where is the photo from?

MONTAUK, NY - JANUARY 01: The Rolling Stones rehearsal space in artist Andy Warhol's home is photographed in 1975 in Montauk, New York. CREDIT MUST READ: Ken Regan/Camera 5 via Contour by Getty Images. (Photo by Ken Regan/Camera 5/Contour by Getty Images)

The guitar shape looks very different.
six strings (not that unusual), one neck humbucker. I havn't seen that before.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 31, 2015 00:06

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 00:07 by Naturalust.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 31, 2015 01:31

I'd love to sit in that couch and have a beer while the Stones of '75 rehearse in the same room.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home