Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: About Jeremy Clarkson...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:17

...Do you want him back or not? Personally I think he's a bit of a character, maybe even a bully, but I kind of like him anyway. And I feel a natural resistance against overblown political correctness.
So I guess I'm on his side. Even though the show has very little to do with automotive journalism these days. What's your thought about this? Are you pro or con Clarkson?

Re: OT: About Jeremy Clarkson...
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2015 01:18

Those boys have the easiest job in the world
...... I bet they even have race-car bed-spreads

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 13, 2015 02:59

I read somewhere that Piers Morgan may replace him.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 13, 2015 03:11

Two tossers of the highest order

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 03:12 by Donnebr.

Date: March 13, 2015 07:49

Koen
I read somewhere that Piers Morgan may replace him.

LOL!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2015 09:30

Donnebr
Two tossers of the highest order

You beat me to it. Those very words entered my mouth as I read the first post.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:23

Can't stand the bloke.

Arrogant and an all round horrible person in my opinion. thumbs down

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:43

He is an ignorant guy and I could not care less. Also I don't care about cars so who is this guy that was behind me in the pit some place in Australia on the last tour there? Some guy on British TV? I run the bicycle, never see this Jeremy chap on bicycle TV...

This is a photo I took in the pit at the first of the two Perth Australia shows:

Bjornulf

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:48

If the story is correct that he punched a producer then i don't see why he should get away with that kind of behaviour especially when he's already supposedly on some kind of final warning regarding his behaviour..
Perhaps the solution is to tell him he can keep his job but first he must attend a very long (18 week) anger management course and an alcohol awareness programme run by lesbian immigrant cyclists in a part of town where parking is impossible.
He should be on unpaid leave during this time and not be able to claim expenses for anything related to this.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:57

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended because he is accused of punching his producer. Nothing to with him being a white guy with un PC opinions, despite the spin of the Daily Mail etc

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:11

It's not overblown political correctness. Calling a spade a spade is not political correctness. Clarkson is a demented racist, misogynist and xenophobe. Talking about political correctness is precisely what he wants because he trades off (indeed, has successfully monetised) his image as a fearlessly politically incorrect man of the people and an outsider. He's actually a very rich and powerful man who owns property all over the country and is friends with David Cameron, and 'politically incorrect' just means his right to be unpleasant to those less advantaged than him. (On which note, remember he wasn't suspended for his racism, misogyny or xenophobia: he was suspended because he apparently punched a junior colleague after the latter failed to get him dinner.)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:16

Do you guys realize that, outside of the Anglo-American sphere nobody's ever heard of Clarkson or Morgan... grinning smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 13, 2015 11:16

Agree with the general consensus emerging here: that he is an oaf and I couldn't care less if he is sacked. He'll be snapped up by Sky anyway so it's hardly as if he'll be destitute. He'll probably be paid more by them but at least it won't be my licence fee money. Incidentally I loathe political correctness but this is nothing to do with that, it's about punching a work colleague. Most of us would be sacked for that.

Date: March 13, 2015 11:25

I remember that pic BV.

Think he was in Perth doing something for Top Gear.

That is him alright and probably a freebie from the BBC paid for by the British licence fee payer.

Date: March 13, 2015 11:36

May be he could do a rehab camp in Argentina, to learn about tolerance, love peace and all of that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:26

Well I like cars and I like Top Gear but "oaf" is about right... the man should grow up. Not happy that I pay him quite so much through the BBC our publicly funded broadcaster

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:32

crawdaddy
Can't stand the bloke.

Arrogant and an all round horrible person in my opinion. thumbs down

Hear ! Hear ! Couldn't put it any better myself Tony winking smiley If the Beeb fire him (hopefully so) then Sky will probably pick him up and I won't be paying his outrageous salary.

Bjornulf, the fact of you standing near him, totally oblivious to who he was is the best possible put down for such ignorant arrogant egotistic types smiling smiley

Date: March 13, 2015 14:02

He got chucked out ,or was forced to leave Argentina not long ago for annoying the locals with a provocative number plate referring to Falkland War era.

He does these things to get more publicity.confused smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:16

dcba
Do you guys realize that, outside of the Anglo-American sphere nobody's ever heard of Clarkson or Morgan... grinning smiley

Wrong.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:11

dcba

Hum, you should precise outside the car lovers lovers international sphere, because this guy is a big star in this sphere.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:47

Why are so many people not looking at the stage in the picture?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:49

He punched someone right in the face; that's barbaric, vulgar, and comletely unacceptable. End of story.

As far as his personality, his 'character' (personae) & his television programme go: I quite like that lot.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:55

Koen

They are getting ready for BV's picture!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:57

Bastion
dcba

Wrong.

Indeed. Top Gear is hugely popular in Iran among other places and Clarkson something of a cult figure there. But I think the BBC should be brave enough to get rid of him, do a relaunch and prove that no one individual is bigger than the show itself.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: March 13, 2015 16:22

RoughJusticeOnYa
He punched someone right in the face; that's barbaric, vulgar, and comletely unacceptable.

eye rolling smiley Even a gentlemen like Charlie Watts do that.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 13, 2015 16:44

mitch
RoughJusticeOnYa
He punched someone right in the face; that's barbaric, vulgar, and comletely unacceptable.

eye rolling smiley Even a gentlemen like Charlie Watts do that.

...He punched a drunk Jagger in the face, as the legend goes. That's completely acceptable. smoking smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 13, 2015 17:00

bv
May be he could do a rehab camp in Argentina, to learn about tolerance, love peace and all of that.

Not sure he would learn love and peace from those guys. He might learn to keep his mouth shout.

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: March 13, 2015 17:07

clarkson is a horrible pig at times but he is also entertaining and that show would probably fail without him - certainly wouldn't be as good. I suspect he is a wealthy, tory turd who totally lacks empathy but when has that ever precluded anyone from appearing on tv?

Date: March 13, 2015 17:29

Koen

I am looking at Mick out there on the tongue, that's why the camera is pointing that way. Others look at the rest of the band on the stage, then some look into nowhere or they mess with their phones. You would be surprised by how many are talking or drinking or simply mess around in the pit, having paid a fortune to be there. But like this chap in the picture, I assume he was given the ticket, he did not pay for it I suppose, so being there is more important than what's happening around on the stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 13, 2015 17:45

Top Gear was very popular in Mexico until this idiots presented a Mexican car being racists as hell.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home