Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The birth of rock'n'roll ain't whatcha think
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 23, 2015 00:32

I have no connection with this guy so I'm not pushing his book. It comes across as an interesting read. I've seen his blog sites before. They're well worth a look.

[www.latimes.com]

Re: OT: The birth of rock'n'roll ain't whatcha think
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2015 01:26

“Several forces combined in one century to create Rock and Roll,” writes Linderman in the introduction. “Loosely in order of importance? Racism and subsequent integration, gospel, blues (racism again ... I am afraid), hillbillies, minstrels in blackface, cheap Silvertone guitars from Sears, the Hawaiian music craze, burlesque, booze, weed, vaudeville, the circus, some showtime razzle-dazzle and the spoiled generation following World War Two.”

“The real story is always found beneath the surface,” says Linderman....

Makes sense that it would happen that way, it's kinda intuitive, isn't it? Sounds like an interesting book, thanks dmay.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 23, 2015 04:54

Thanks for sharing, dmay - I always love knowing about books like this. Seems interesting!

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 23, 2015 05:00

latebloomer
“Several forces combined in one century to create Rock and Roll,” writes Linderman in the introduction. “Loosely in order of importance? Racism and subsequent integration, gospel, blues (racism again ... I am afraid), hillbillies, minstrels in blackface, cheap Silvertone guitars from Sears, the Hawaiian music craze, burlesque, booze, weed, vaudeville, the circus, some showtime razzle-dazzle and the spoiled generation following World War Two.”

“The real story is always found beneath the surface,” says Linderman....

Makes sense that it would happen that way, it's kinda intuitive, isn't it? Sounds like an interesting book, thanks dmay.

Voodoo Stew

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home