Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Micks moving out
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 19, 2015 15:10

According to Swedish newspaper Expressen Mick is moving out of his London house because of the neighbour rebuilding.

[www.expressen.se]

Re: Micks moving out
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 19, 2015 15:17

The neighbour is Hans Rausing, swedish multimillionaire and heir of swedish company Tetra-Pak.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 19, 2015 15:20

This seems to be the originally Daily Mail article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: February 19, 2015 16:11

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-19 16:13 by mrfancyman.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 19, 2015 16:53

"Mick is very busy abroad with work commitments", said a spokesperson for Mick Jagger. Where and why?
Plus: Is that Cheyne Walk which is meant by Chelsea home?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-19 16:55 by JJHMick.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 19, 2015 18:59

Maybe Mick can stay at 102 Edith Grove until the neighbor is finished with his renovations.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 19, 2015 19:13

I've lived next door to two years' worth of miscellaneous building works by my neighbours on both sides - extensions, loft conversions, garden redesigns, interior redecoration with hammering and drilling... Mick has my sympathy. Maybe I'll have my place redesigned now and get my revenge.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 19, 2015 19:19

JumpinJeppeFlash
The neighbour is Hans Rausing, swedish multimillionaire and heir of swedish company Tetra-Pak.

That's Hans Rausing the well documented narcotics fan.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: February 19, 2015 19:43

Simple solution: Just go on tour until the rebuilding is finished.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 19, 2015 20:33

Wonder if Mick knows about this guys past : [www.homecrux.com]

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 19, 2015 20:53

He's got neighbours all day and all night.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 19, 2015 21:50

Assuming Mick is still a tax exile, the most he can stay in the UK is 90 days per annum. I suspect in practice its probably well less than that.
With half a dozen or so residences across the globe and occasional concerts with his touring band, he is hardly your average home owner.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 19, 2015 22:01

JumpinJeppeFlash

He said it'll take two years as he didn't want to cut any corners...........grinning smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 19, 2015 22:17

EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash

He said it'll take two years as he didn't want to cut any corners...........grinning smiley

That's funny, really.smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 19, 2015 22:58

MKjan
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash

Grazie, glad you liked it.......smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-19 23:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 19, 2015 23:48

EddieByword
MKjan
EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash

Grazie, glad you liked it.......smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 20, 2015 01:24

LOL EddieByword...

jlowe is right, though - Mick's feet hardly touch the ground in any place, especially one where he flits in and out for tax reasons. So the premise of the tabloid articles is wrong. Now there's a surprise...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2015 02:08

90 days for tax exile in UK?
He could stay about 182 days in the US without filing a regular US tax return, so he needs only to spend about 93 days elsewhere.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 20, 2015 02:15

BluzDude
He could stay about 182 days in the US without filing a regular US tax return, so he needs only to spend about 93 days elsewhere.

Just sneak in through de southern border. Free health care, tax credits for de little ones, and the right to vote...ah love Amereeka!!!

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: February 20, 2015 02:19

I have neen in the house next to Micks, not yhe one being renovated. This portion of Cheyne Walk has very heavy traffic noise too. No wonder he wants some quiet. Now he could reside at Claridges Hotel, a favorite! Or maybe on Jerry's couch in Richmond.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2015 10:16

shadooby
BluzDude

Just sneak in through de southern border. Free health care, tax credits for de little ones, and the right to vote...ah love Amereeka!!!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:37

shadooby
BluzDude

From one of my favourite composers:

"In America you'll get food to eat
W on't have to run through the jungle and scuff up your feet
You'll just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day
Its great to be an American

Aint no lion or tigers aint no mama snake
Just the sweet watermelon and the buckwheat cake
Everbody is as happy as a man can be
Climb aboard little wog sail away with me"

-SAIL AWAY by Randy Newman

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 20, 2015 13:16

Silver Dagger
JumpinJeppeFlash

That's Hans Rausing the well documented narcotics fan.

Yup. I dont think Mick wants to be his neighbour. Just not the narcotics but what they do to Rausing. Geez.

Date: February 20, 2015 22:06

leftbank
I have neen in the house next to Micks, not yhe one being renovated. This portion of Cheyne Walk has very heavy traffic noise too. No wonder he wants some quiet. Now he could reside at Claridges Hotel, a favorite! Or maybe on Jerry's couch in Richmond.

A London cab driver told me in the late 80s Bianca got the Cheyne Walk house?!

Date: February 20, 2015 22:43

JJHMick
leftbank

Probably a different house (purchased 2006?) : [www.zimbio.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 20, 2015 23:27

Anita got keiths cheyne walk place I think

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 21, 2015 00:15

I spoke to a person who resided a few doors down from Jagger in Cheyne Walk a few years ago. She told me that she'd see l'wren Scott occasionally getting into a taxi, but Jagger was 'never there'

Date: February 21, 2015 02:36

EJM

Someone here said she was living at least part time at Redlands. That link I posted above stated that both Mick and Keith sold their Cheyne Walk houses back in 1978 (they had lived a few doors down from each other)...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 21, 2015 13:17

EJM

No, he bought her a small apartment on the Chelsea embankment. She does house sit at Redlands from time to time.

Date: February 21, 2015 16:14

2000 LYFH
JJHMick
leftbank

Probably a different house (purchased 2006?) : [www.zimbio.com]

Thank you, I found it. I have a guide to places of interest in London that have a meaning to arts. In Mick's new house the painter Whistler - ridiculed by "Mr Bean" in his first movie - lived for a short time. - I also found out about 102, Edith Grove that author Katherine Mansfield lived under the roof top. But her housing conditions must have been so embarassingly humble that her friend D.H. Lawrence found her a new place to live...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home