Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bring MICK TAYLOR BACK Please
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 23, 2015 16:28

I am relatively new to this board, a little over a year. I do see the the nails and fangs come out on the subject of Mick Taylor which I never understood. But, there are longtime hard core Rolling Stones fans, myself included, that want to see and hear Mick Taylor play with the band again. I am old enough to have seen him in Philadelphia in 1969 and 1972. While I still love the Stones today there are many of us that know what just Mick Taylor's guitar did for the Stones music and we miss it. He was able to interpret Mick and Keith's music into beautiful and melodic lines, or hot blistering vibrating jaw dropping solo's that would rival any rock guitarist.

In this stage of their career it would be incredible if they focused on enhancing the music by bringing Mick Taylor back, if only on songs he originally recorded. The music could only get better. I always imagined Mick Taylor and Ronnie trading off on bass and having mostly all Stones on one stage maybe for the last time. Hopefully the Stones and/or Stones people will read this thread and know there are many of us that want MicK Taylor back again.

Re: Bring MICK TAYLOR BACK Please
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 16:33

Boooooring

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 23, 2015 16:43

PhillyFAN
I am relatively new to this board, a little over a year. I do see the the nails and fangs come out on the subject of Mick Taylor which I never understood. But, there are longtime hard core Rolling Stones fans, myself included, that want to see and hear Mick Taylor play with the band again. I am old enough to have seen him in Philadelphia in 1969 and 1972. While I still love the Stones today there are many of us that know what just Mick Taylor's guitar did for the Stones music and we miss it. He was able to interpret Mick and Keith's music into beautiful and melodic lines, or hot blistering vibrating jaw dropping solo's that would rival any rock guitarist.

In this stage of their career it would be incredible if they focused on enhancing the music by bringing Mick Taylor back, if only on songs he originally recorded. The music could only get better. I always imagined Mick Taylor and Ronnie trading off on bass and having mostly all Stones on one stage maybe for the last time. Hopefully the Stones and/or Stones people will read this thread and know there are many of us that want MicK Taylor back again.

I only thought about this after my poet but maybe hundreds/thousands of posts to Stones Facebook and Tweets would get some attention!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 23, 2015 16:56

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 23, 2015 17:02

Just gimme the Stones.
And kudos to Ronnie for his guitar playing since '2012 & Counting'!

He'll always be welcome in my book to join in - whether it'd be for a whole gig, a half one, or even just a song or 2; but if this was it: then bye bye MT. Enjoy the rest of your life!

Same goes out to all of you.

cYa frontstage; or not, if you don't care anymore.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: February 23, 2015 17:20

Boooooring

This is what I think when The Stones are on stage without Taylor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 17:24 by moonlightaffair.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 23, 2015 17:26

moonlightaffair
Boooooring

This is what I think when The Stones are on stage without Taylor.

Maybe you should get an eye and ear on Live In Texas '78...

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: February 23, 2015 17:28

mitch

Maybe you should get an eye and ear on Live In Texas '78...

I'm talking 2014.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2015 18:03

from where?

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: February 23, 2015 18:16

RoughJusticeOnYa
Just gimme the Stones.
And kudos to Ronnie for his guitar playing since '2012 & Counting'!

He'll always be welcome in my book to join in - whether it'd be for a whole gig, a half one, or even just a song or 2; but if this was it: then bye bye MT. Enjoy the rest of your life!

Same goes out to all of you.

cYa frontstage; or not, if you don't care anymore.

Perfectly said..... I`m fully with you smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: paulmr ()
Date: February 23, 2015 18:17

Not up to us

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2015 18:34

Please do NOT start CAMPAIGNS on IORR. Please read the posting policy:

[www.iorr.org]