Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Having fun with copyright infringement
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: January 22, 2015 07:19

I've seen countless examples of Rolling Stones related copyright infringement over the years. Here is a fun example on a crappy t-shirt I came across while vacationing last week. Anyone else have any examples?

Re: Having fun with copyright infringement
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2015 18:05

Ha ha! That's hilarious! Yes indeed that looks like some fun with some copyright infringement.

Appropriate too.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: January 22, 2015 18:11

Is that Mickey Mouse?

Date: January 22, 2015 20:02

franzk
Is that Mickey Mouse?

Yes! think it is.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 22, 2015 22:13

Mickey, Mick and mota

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: January 22, 2015 22:19

why not just walk yourself down to the police station and turn yourself in? that shirt is just asking for trouble.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 22, 2015 22:43

Stupid

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 22, 2015 22:59

Funny

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 23, 2015 01:34

mnewman505
why not just walk yourself down to the police station and turn yourself in? that shirt is just asking for trouble.

How so?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 23, 2015 01:36

jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

I think because you're 'advertising' you use pot.

I think you're ok unless you're trying to cross a border to Mexico or Canada.

Posted by: bryanoakville ()
Date: January 23, 2015 01:37

Funny
It 's a joke folks. Lighten up (light up ?)
winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 23, 2015 01:47

treaclefingers
jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

Actually there are still a few states when it would be risky behavior, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Louisiana and Arizona are the worst. Probably not a coincidence these states are where the foreign weed enters and transits to the rest of America. Long past time for a complete changing of the guard, imo.

peace

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 23, 2015 04:40

<<It 's a joke folks. Lighten up (light up ?)>>

Date: January 23, 2015 06:57

Naturalust
treaclefingers
jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

Actually there are still a few states when it would be risky behavior, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Louisiana and Arizona are the worst. Probably not a coincidence these states are where the foreign weed enters and transits to the rest of America. Long past time for a complete changing of the guard, imo.

peace

Ironic that where I saw this shirt for sale was in Florida. Admittedly, Key West is almost like an entirely different country.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 23, 2015 14:05

mnewman505

Not in WA, CO & a few others! The times they are a-changin'.smoking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 23, 2015 14:26

How about BeetKiss?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 23, 2015 14:32

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures but I will add this link. It's an Italian Restaurant in Italy. I first saw this in 1997. That's the first time I saw the tongue on something other than The Stones. [www.ristitalia.it]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 23, 2015 15:04

jazzbass

Ironic that where I saw this shirt for sale was in Florida. Admittedly, Key West is almost like an entirely different country.

Huh?...not a relative of Kanye West?.............so confusing, what with a band in England called Ndubz, which is after a post/zip code in North west London - NW ....a few people here thought after that - that Kanye West was a tube/subway station on the end of the District Line.....confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-23 19:59 by EddieByword.

Date: January 23, 2015 17:42

treaclefingers
jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

In New Orleans no one gives a shit about ganj. As it should be across the 48 states and Hawaii. Alaska... any state that has Sarah Palin as a resident should be punished.

Date: January 23, 2015 17:47

frankotero
Sorry I don't know how to post pictures but I will add this link. It's an Italian Restaurant in Italy. I first saw this in 1997. That's the first time I saw the tongue on something other than The Stones. [www.ristitalia.it]

For a picture you click on the... it looks like two mountains and a sun, next to the Earth, up above this, where the Bold and Italic etc is. You enter the image location link and post.

From what I can tell it's a banned link.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 23, 2015 17:49

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

In New Orleans no one gives a shit about ganj. As it should be across the 48 states and Hawaii. Alaska... any state that has Sarah Palin as a resident should be punished.

I agree.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 23, 2015 18:34

...Anyway.

Back on topic:

not really 'copyright infringement' - well, at least the front isn't - but certainly unauthorised:
this fun 'bootleg' T-shirt that I bought on the streets of Prague, during the European leg of the Voodoo Lounge World Tour.
(and for sure the back IS infringement of copyrights... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 23, 2015 19:04

treaclefingers

so the TS lives in the US?

Date: January 23, 2015 20:21

More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
jazzbass
mnewman505

How so?

I agree.

"As Colorado and Washington license pot growers and sellers, cops elsewhere continue to carry out marijuana busts at a rate of one every 42 seconds. If you drop a gram of Sour Diesel on the sidewalk in Seattle, a police officer may help you sweep it up. Do that in New Orleans and you could face 20 years hard labor."

[www.rollingstone.com]

In October 2010, Bernard Noble, a 45-year-old trucker and father of seven with two previous nonviolent offenses, was stopped on a New Orleans street with a small amount of marijuana in his pocket. His sentence: more than 13 years.

[www.nytimes.com]

Doesn't look like New Orleans is embracing the green revolution quite yet.

peace

peace

Date: January 24, 2015 00:02

Naturalust

"As Colorado and Washington license pot growers and sellers, cops elsewhere continue to carry out marijuana busts at a rate of one every 42 seconds. If you drop a gram of Sour Diesel on the sidewalk in Seattle, a police officer may help you sweep it up. Do that in New Orleans and you could face 20 years hard labor."

[www.rollingstone.com]

In October 2010, Bernard Noble, a 45-year-old trucker and father of seven with two previous nonviolent offenses, was stopped on a New Orleans street with a small amount of marijuana in his pocket. His sentence: more than 13 years.

[www.nytimes.com]

Doesn't look like New Orleans is embracing the green revolution quite yet.

peace

peace

I read a news article about 10 years ago that in two cases in Florida in the same week that one bloke got life for an ounce of grass (3 strikes and you're out) while another got about 3 years and afterwards probation for a yatch full of coke......and lawmakers scratch their heads because so many people disrespect so many of the laws they come up with,,,,,,

Fun Boy Three - The Lunatics Have Taken Over the Asylum

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 00:03 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 24, 2015 00:20

For many years bootleg T's have been less tacky than the official band-endorsed ones.
Plus when you buy one outside the venue the Stones play in, you have that forbidden fruit feeling, yum! grinning smiley

Date: January 24, 2015 02:54

I read a news article about 10 years ago that in two cases in Florida in the same week that one bloke got life for an ounce of grass (3 strikes and you're out) while another got about 3 years and afterwards probation for a yatch full of coke

Yes but of course the guy with the yacht turned snitch and gave the feds "valuable" information about the cartel he was working with. Loads of cases of guys smuggling multi ton loads who basically get their hands slapped after cooperating. And of course the cooperation has little effect in the long run.

As far a Stones gear goes the biggest copyright infringements are the loads of bootlegged records and CD's which many folks here have no problem participating in. I've been sitting on the fence on this issue for so long my butt's sore.

peace

peace

Date: January 24, 2015 03:26

Naturalust
I read a news article about 10 years ago that in two cases in Florida in the same week that one bloke got life for an ounce of grass (3 strikes and you're out) while another got about 3 years and afterwards probation for a yatch full of coke

Yes but of course the guy with the yacht turned snitch and gave the feds "valuable" information about the cartel he was working with. Loads of cases of guys smuggling multi ton loads who basically get their hands slapped after cooperating. And of course the cooperation has little effect in the long run.

As far a Stones gear goes the biggest copyright infringements are the loads of bootlegged records and CD's which many folks here have no problem participating in. I've been sitting on the fence on this issue for so long my butt's sore.

peace

peace

I saw that, although that sentencing disparity is still absurd, imo the coke guy should have had Life without parole reduced to 30 to life....(I don't believe in execution because historically there have been too many miscarriages of justice - otherwise I'd say execution reduced to life without parole.......and the guy with the weed...............well, really, what do you say to a person with a bag of personal weed...well, maybe "don't smoke it when there are kids or pets in the room" - causing passive smoking - I should think anyone can appreciate that's not fair........

Having said that, imo the only way to really get a grip on the drugs trade is to get a grip on the business, the only way to do that is to take it off the cartels by undermining their business model to the point of total destruction by legalising everything and let the corporations - under strict regulation of chemical ingredients etc - sell it. The price would come down.
It's only the risk factor to the smugglers that currently keeps the prices really high ..........
There would be tax to be collected.
'You'd' also get a true and more managable picture of the health problems because people would be less scared to admit to the authorities if they had a problem whether physical or psychological........

The crime rate associated with users needing to get their hands on ridiculous amounts of money to feed their habit would come down.....
Half an ounce of tobacco in the UK costs £4.70 - half an ounce of weed is £70 +...........and that's just weed, the money to pay for that comes mostly from robberies and burglaries and other crime.
Again imo the only people who benefit from the illegality of drugs are the sellers and law enforcement, police, lawyers, judges. probation officers and prison wardens - keeps them in very well paid work.................(And I haven't touched anything since 1983.........- better for the bulk of society the devil you know (& control) than the devil you don't..........

About boots, I've got one called 'Static in the attic' - the first 'track' is Mick talking where he says "I've got no problem with bootlegs so long as 'you' keep 'em cheap" and Keith said he's "got one of the biggest Stones bootleg collections he's ever seen"..........so...I keep on collecting as I really like live Stones........

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 12:14 by EddieByword.

Date: January 24, 2015 06:19

EddieByword
jazzbass

Huh?...not a relative of Kanye West?.............so confusing, what with a band in England called Ndubz, which is after a post/zip code in North west London - NW ....a few people here thought after that - that Kanye West was a tube/subway station on the end of the District Line.....confused smiley

Key West, FL, is a small, island city in Florida, USA. It's the southernmost city in the continental US.

Kanye West is a pop/rap "artist".

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 28, 2015 05:29

Speaking of which...nothing new, but the Stones made today's Los Angeles Times >>> [www.latimes.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home