Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Have Mick and Keith become friends again?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:26

so is it just a business relationship after all? we saw lots of smiles and friendly gestures..

complicated but I am hoping they've become a lot friendlier.

beyond just working together..looks like they're thick as thieves again..?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-31 10:09 by bv.

Re: have Mick and Keith become friends again?
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:38

I'd like to see some evidence...seeing them hug and smile at recent shows doesn't necessarily mean that this is the case.

Otherwise, what does it matter? Their working and performing together with much gusto/enthusiasm, and by all accounts delivering great shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 15:39 by nightskyman.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:41

You said it, business relationship. That's about it I guess.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:43

I have seen Simon & Garfunkel on stage. They are not friends, and it is easy to see on stage. Ice cold, no interaction really.

Mick and Keith seems to have a great time together on stage. Actually I am eye witness of may be 50+ proofs if you really need that, just from the past 8 shows down under, all those little things that are not coordinated or planned, but they just happen on stage, like they smile at each other when they do great stuff, they appreciate the other one at times, all those things you know come from mutual respect and friendship.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:48

Who knows? I'd like to think the answer is yes. They certainly look very comfortable with each other on stage and that hasn't always been the case.

Date: November 25, 2014 15:56

those examples BV mentions, and that he's documented, are so interesting to see..

the band interaction in general, and Keith and Mick in particular, that's some great stuff to watch.. its as compelling as the music, in many cases.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:59

Sure BV, on stage. Off stage they are separate parties. Hence the term business relationship. Nothing wrong with that though.
But it doesn't renew their song catalogue in the same way it used to do. On the other hand they are to old now anyway.

Date: November 25, 2014 16:02

That's good news for Stones fans thumbs up

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 25, 2014 16:08

bv
I have seen Simon & Garfunkel on stage. They are not friends, and it is easy to see on stage. Ice cold, no interaction really.

Mick and Keith seems to have a great time together on stage. Actually I am eye witness of may be 50+ proofs if you really need that, just from the past 8 shows down under, all those little things that are not coordinated or planned, but they just happen on stage, like they smile at each other when they do great stuff, they appreciate the other one at times, all those things you know come from mutual respect and friendship.

The have come a long way from Le Trabendo.

Date: November 25, 2014 16:33

leteyer
bv

The have come a long way from Le Trabendo.

Wasn't this pic taken at the Trabendo?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 25, 2014 16:34

I think all four of them are friends,and the extended band members as well.

They all get along fine, I'm sure ,but like any other family, they have their ups and downs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 25, 2014 16:51

The fact that Keith covered Mick's back by singing three songs at some of the recent shows would make me think that yes the weather is pretty good over Stonesland...

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 17:06

Keith doesn't need an excuse like Jagger being ill to sing a 3rd song if asked. He loves singing period.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 25, 2014 17:17

I don't believe one song less could be so beneficial to Mick. Plus this is a great thing for us Keef Fans, as long as this doesn't mean cut the rare track out of the setlist. Oh darn, now I said it out loud and they'll probably do that next time around. In this case hopefully they don't read this board.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: November 25, 2014 17:18

It is a marriage of convenience. And the matey gestures of affection are good for business. They convince the paying audience that they are a loveable gang of old rogues who enjoy each others company. Away from the public I suspect it's another matter entirely.

Date: November 25, 2014 17:29

MrThompsonWooft
It is a marriage of convenience. And the matey gestures of affection are good for business. They convince the paying audience that they are a loveable gang of old rogues who enjoy each others company. Away from the public I suspect it's another matter entirely.

why is that?

they don't see each other much when not on tour, sure..doesn't mean the friendship changes..

Date: November 25, 2014 17:34

duke richardson
MrThompsonWooft

why is that?

they don't see each other much when not on tour, sure..doesn't mean the friendship changes..

Given all the comments down the years, notably but not exclusively in Keith's book, I just don't buy these displays of mateyness between Mick and Keith. They are just about maintaining the brand.

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: November 25, 2014 17:43

MrThompsonWooft
duke richardson
MrThompsonWooft

why is that?

Given all the comments down the years, notably but not exclusively in Keith's book, I just don't buy these displays of mateyness between Mick and Keith. They are just about maintaining the brand.

It's easy to get p*ssed off and bitch about people (ie in Keefs book) when you don't see them after you've had a bad spell. However, time spent back in each others company can heal old wounds to some extent.
I think they are genuinely having a blast this tour and as Mick has said the performing has taken his mind off his personal loss.

For band mates who dont get on, look no further than the Live8 DVD !! smiling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 25, 2014 17:53

MrThompsonWooft
duke richardson
MrThompsonWooft

why is that?

Mick confirms this every time he is asked. they are business partners and I am sure there has to be some love between them deep down, but they have not been friends, they have not spent any time together other than work, for decades.

It's funny how this seems to matter to some fans.

Date: November 25, 2014 17:56

Would it not be great if at the end of touring (after 2015) that Mick and Keith sat down together in an interview setting and just gave the impression they're on friendly terms...and as such are working on new material (for a new album)?

Date: November 25, 2014 18:02

MrThompsonWooft

The fights are good for business, too smiling smiley

Date: November 25, 2014 18:11

Rokyfan
MrThompsonWooft
duke richardson
MrThompsonWooft

why is that?

Mick confirms this every time he is asked. they are business partners and I am sure there has to be some love between them deep down, but they have not been friends, they have not spent any time together other than work, for decades.

Well, fans who believe in fairy tales!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:12

I think in their lives they need a certain distance from each other but those moments on stage are real, its not an act. There still is a friendship there.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:23

Well they don't seem to hate each other so much any more - in 2012 mick would hardly glance at Keith, never mind touch him! That has to be better. One reason why keith seems so happy perhaps....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:28

Even Bill Wyman says they are great friends.

They have ups and downs like everybody else / why not Mick and Keith.

They are not friends like in the 60'ies, when they were young, but still good friends - they don't need to hang around in each others company all the time.

Friendship changes with time. They get married, get children, get grandchildren etc. They get new friends.

They don't go on tour if they can't stand each other / not at this point in life, maybe in the 80'ies.

I am 100% sure Charlie wouldn't go on tour with them now, if there was this "very bad atmosphere" like people think there is. Then he would rather play with his own band.

Now it is not for the money (they have more than enough), now it is the music.

Date: November 25, 2014 18:51

EJM
in 2012 mick would hardly glance at Keith, never mind touch him! That has to be better. One reason why keith seems so happy perhaps....

One explanation : Mick has Alzheimer and within 2 years he's forgotten Keith wrote a book titled "Life". grinning smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 25, 2014 18:56

I don't think anyone thinks there is a bad atmosphere on stage or between them generally. They have a good working relationship as business partners, it is all pleasant, but that is it. They are not friends, they do not socialize, they do not have dinner together, their lives are separate.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:00

nightskyman
Would it not be great if at the end of touring (after 2015) that Mick and Keith sat down together in an interview setting and just gave the impression they're on friendly terms...and as such are working on new material (for a new album)?

Great example, and it would be great and yet I could never see that happening.

That's clarified for me this is a marriage of convenience, in order for them to do what they love. They need each other for 'the show', but seemingly not much else.

Date: November 25, 2014 19:06

I really don't think they're callous "hit men" pros who are only in it for the next paycheck. There's a degree of excitement they all seek by being onstage together.
I'm quite sure that's the final addiction they didn't and won't ever get rid of.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:25

MrThompsonWooft
Rokyfan
MrThompsonWooft
duke richardson
MrThompsonWooft

why is that?

Well, fans who believe in fairy tales!

Fans are ... fans.

Please don't tell them Santa Claus do not exists !

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home