Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Pink Floyd to release Archive Tracks
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 13, 2011 03:51

keefriffhard4life
tatters
ineedadrink
tatters
Nick Mason talks about how this project was a race against time, because the era of physical CDs and lavish artwork is coming to an end.
interesting marketing technique. hurry folks! buy our cd before it's too late!

Speaking of interesting marketing techniques, isn't it a remarkable coincidence that they had their little "reunion" on the same day they announced their massive re-issue program?

so gilmour and waters played together a few days ago?

A few hours ago. When did they announce the reissue project?

Date: May 13, 2011 03:55

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
ineedadrink
tatters
Nick Mason talks about how this project was a race against time, because the era of physical CDs and lavish artwork is coming to an end.

Speaking of interesting marketing techniques, isn't it a remarkable coincidence that they had their little "reunion" on the same day they announced their massive re-issue program?

oops sorry it was announced about 3 days ago. i thought on monday

Date: May 13, 2011 04:10

keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
ineedadrink
tatters

oops sorry it was announced about 3 days ago. i thought on monday

Well, in any case, it now appears that Gilmour's "one song at one show" guest spot, which they have been promising since last year, was planned all along to be nothing more than an advertisement for the reissue project, and should not be taken as a sign of any supposed renewal of interest Dave and Roger might have in working together again.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 13, 2011 04:26

Here's (part of) Comfortably Numb:

Date: May 13, 2011 15:02

Koen
Here's (part of) Comfortably Numb:

Regardless of WHY they did this, anyone for whom Pink Floyd is a lifelong obsession can't help but get a little choked up watching it.

Date: May 13, 2011 15:44

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-13 15:55 by tatters.

Date: May 13, 2011 16:50

Silver Dagger
I can't believe how Meddle keeps getting overlooked. That for me is their greatest album combining the unbridled adventure of their experimental mid-period and the commerciality of their Dark Side Of The Moon and beyond success. I'd love to hear that album in 5.1.

Funny you should mention that - an alt.binaries newsgroup I scout from time to time recently contained a treasure trove of "Underground" 5.1 releases, and judging from the sound, source, and meticulous mix, this has to be an "after hours project" from someone in the loop. I expected little and was stunned.

Anyway, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Animals, Piper At The Gates of Dawn, Relics all received 5.1 re-mixes. While some are not as good as the others, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, and ESPECIALLY Animals are really something special. If you have newsgroup access, poke around, you'll find 'em.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 13, 2011 17:49

What took them so bloody long? Really, why wait until CDs are almost passe before you are motivated to do anything with your recordings. Are they that lazy/disinterested?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 13, 2011 19:35

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Silver Dagger
I can't believe how Meddle keeps getting overlooked. That for me is their greatest album combining the unbridled adventure of their experimental mid-period and the commerciality of their Dark Side Of The Moon and beyond success. I'd love to hear that album in 5.1.

Funny you should mention that - an alt.binaries newsgroup I scout from time to time recently contained a treasure trove of "Underground" 5.1 releases, and judging from the sound, source, and meticulous mix, this has to be an "after hours project" from someone in the loop. I expected little and was stunned.

Anyway, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Animals, Piper At The Gates of Dawn, Relics all received 5.1 re-mixes. While some are not as good as the others, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, and ESPECIALLY Animals are really something special. If you have newsgroup access, poke around, you'll find 'em.

Yeah, I wish they would do the "experience/immersion" treatment for Animals and Meddle. I think we're going to see more bands using DVDs for audio content; boxed sets of audio on one disc.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 13, 2011 22:18

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Silver Dagger

Wow. Will have a look around for them now. My wish list for albums to get the 5.1 treatment is Abbey Road, Sgt Pepper, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Who's Next, SF Sorrow (The Pretty Things and one of the most psychedelic albums ever!), Hunky Dory, Forever Changes, Odessey And Oracle (The Zombies), most of Led Zeppelin's albums, The 12 Dreams Of Dr Sardonicus (Spirit).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-13 22:18 by Silver Dagger.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home