Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ian Stewart
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:59

Ian Stewart passed away today in 1985.
Thankful for the great music he left behind!
RIP!!!

Re: Ian Stewart
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 12, 2014 20:18

Always the sixth Stone.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 12, 2014 21:07

thumbs up

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 21:29

God Bless....Ben Waters is carrying your torch.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 12, 2014 21:39

to the one and only STU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 12, 2014 21:40

Love and light to Stu, and thanks and praises

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:00

..in his own words ,..
The second stone ,..not the sixth ;-))

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:13

One only has to look at how much the Stones changed without him to see how important he was to the band. I often wonder what the difference would be in today's Stones if he was still around. I always though Stu and Charlie were paired souls, friends away from the music and both unconcerned about stardom and rock and roll lifestyle.

One of the best Stu interviews is from Creem magazine and posted on page 118 in Rockmans Connections thread here:

[www.iorr.org]

peace

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:14

I watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show the other night and an "Ian Stewart" was one of the producers.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:29

Wow, I wonder if he is related...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:46

Thanks for remembering hot stuff,
I always forget the exact dates but always know STU is a legend in THE ROLLING STONES story and thus in modern music history.
He will never be forgotten by real good time boogie woogie musiclovers.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 22:59

thumbs up

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 23:12

Naturalust
One only has to look at how much the Stones changed without him to see how important he was to the band. I often wonder what the difference would be in today's Stones if he was still around. I always though Stu and Charlie were paired souls, friends away from the music and both unconcerned about stardom and rock and roll lifestyle.

One of the best Stu interviews is from Creem magazine and posted on page 118 in Rockmans Connections thread here:

[www.iorr.org]

peace

Wow, that is a fantastic interview. Thanks for linking/posting it again.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 13, 2014 01:45

rocker1
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

peace

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 13, 2014 03:13

We lost a great one that day. Stu's working man image and demeanor belied the fact that he remained a respected musician's musician in his time.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: December 13, 2014 03:46

RipThisBone
rocker1
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

peace

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Ditto. Many thanks. Great interview, full of history. I had that issue of Creem, so I must have read it when it was published, but I'd forgotten all about it.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 13, 2014 11:57

Pittenweem's finest son.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 13, 2014 12:24

Thanks for the reminder, I remember reading about that in Libe back in the day. A good man without whom...and 1985 must have been a stressful year for him too with the bickering within the band although the proverbial s**t would only really hit the fan when Mick faxed the Stones' office that he wouldn't be touring with the Stones in the near future a few months later.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: illyad ()
Date: December 13, 2014 16:11

The stones music has never been the same after his passing. Chuck Lavelle is a good pianist but there was no body who fit the stones sound like Stu. Stu was to Keith and the Stones sound what Johnnie Johnson was to Chuck Berry's sound.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: December 13, 2014 17:01

Great to see that interview again. I remember reading it when it was first published! A long, long while ago....

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: December 13, 2014 17:10

The Laird of Pittenweem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home