Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Eagle Rock Please Release The Echoplex Concert!
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 23, 2014 18:35

Make it happen. It needs to happen! They could put this out for a Christmas release. Dvd, Bluray, CD, Vinyl, bundles, etc.

Re: Eagle Rock Please Release The Echoplex Concert!
Date: June 23, 2014 18:45

JohnnyBGoode
Make it happen. It needs to happen! They could put this out for a Christmas release. Dvd, Bluray, CD, Vinyl, bundles, etc.
Don't you bring up that word 'bundles'! They'll include a DVD, Blu-Ray, Vinyl, picture book signed by the photographer(s), a download card, and a watch, with 100 copies of the book signed by Mick! For all of this, they'll offer it for the 'low, low' price of $600 (standard edition) & $700 (with Mick's signature)! I would like to see it released, though. I just don't want to break the bank to get it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 19:11

$600-$700 is a low ball estimate .for all that you have mentioned it will be over a grand easily !!!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 23, 2014 19:17

The concert is too short itself for a separate release, make it a double feature with the Le Trabendo concert and maybe some rehearsal footage as bonus, I would like to hear how their cover of ''Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay'' sounded in rehearsals!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 23, 2014 19:53

I would love to hear/see that gig. Love In Vain, Little Queenie... that setlist had so much promise.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:15

The Echoplex gig would be a great treat on dvd and they could also release the Phoenix show from 2005. Now, THAT would be so cool!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:27

JohnnyBGoode

Bring the Paradiso shows first! thumbs up

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 23, 2014 20:40

dcba
JohnnyBGoode

Bring the Paradiso shows first! thumbs up

Absolutely!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:37

how about el macombo

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: June 23, 2014 21:45

TheGreek
how about el macombo

thumbs up

I want the entire footage from Madison Square Garden on November 27th and 28th 1969 on DVD please> >grinning smiley<

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 23, 2014 23:34

Does even a bootleg of this gig exist? Apparently security was really strict about not allowing camera phones, and people who were selected had to drop their phones in a bucket and pick them up after the show. And this was the one where Mick Taylor came out to play on Love In Vain. Still, no videos, no audio, not even a photo of this show. I doubt they'll release it, and that it will remain one of the great lost Stones gigs as far as the public is concerned.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 24, 2014 00:04

I do remember a brief video popping up on YouTube after the gig, apparently it was shot from the "VIP enclosure". The Trabendo had a couple of video snippets that filtered (after being sold to the TF1 channel I think...).

The thing is with these Stones club shows is that if you're a real fan there's no way you're going to take the risk of smuggling in a recorder/phone/camera and risk being thrown out from a once in a lifetime experience! It certainly didn't cross my mind although I could easily have kept my iPhone while dropping off my backpack.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 24, 2014 04:49

Found some Echoplex footage. Don't have time to listen/watch it, but here you go!
Brown Sugar

I swear someone uploaded the audio of Route 66, but I can't find it on YouTube anymore!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:06

And the box set MUST contain a watch.

Posted by: MLC5555 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:38

68to72
TheGreek
how about el macombo

thumbs up

I want the entire footage from Madison Square Garden on November 27th and 28th 1969 on DVD please> >grinning smiley<

Completely agree - include SFTD from Baltimore - 1969 - heard that was filned also

MLC

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:41

flacnvinyl
I would love to hear/see that gig. Love In Vain, Little Queenie... that setlist had so much promise.
well i followed her
to the stashooon
with a taylor
in my band

Date: June 24, 2014 08:03

MILKYWAY
And the box set MUST contain a watch.

If it doesn't, then it's not worth get--- complaining about the high price!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 24, 2014 19:09

gotdablouse
I do remember a brief video popping up on YouTube after the gig, apparently it was shot from the "VIP enclosure". The Trabendo had a couple of video snippets that filtered (after being sold to the TF1 channel I think...).

The thing is with these Stones club shows is that if you're a real fan there's no way you're going to take the risk of smuggling in a recorder/phone/camera and risk being thrown out from a once in a lifetime experience! It certainly didn't cross my mind although I could easily have kept my iPhone while dropping off my backpack.

There were at least 2 people willing to make that risk, they just didn't get tickets.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 24, 2014 21:35

So they didn't have to make the actual decision then ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 25, 2014 03:50

Please.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 25, 2014 05:36

shattered
Please.

Please, also, as in, play more club and small venue shows! Like the clip shows, it strips away alot of the junk that goes on in the type of super stadium and festival shows they're doing now. The focus is on the music.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: July 13, 2014 12:08

68to72
TheGreek
how about el macombo

thumbs up

Detroit November 24th also exists on film, makes you wonder what else from that tour exists. They could do a 2/3 dvd set with the 69 footage and any footage from 1970 tour they may have, I have seen a few clips from the RAI Amsterdam 1970 that look pro shot.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 13, 2014 14:31

I remember similar comments about releasing the Phoenix concert from 2005, referred to as the ABB Holy Grail at one point. I don't remember it being that well received on this messageboard when the audio was finally released.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 13, 2014 17:05

Did anyone here actually attend the Echoplex show?
I’m wondering if it was even filmed by the band at all. If so, I’d LOVE to see it. When I first heard they’d be touring for the 50th, I was absolutely convinced they’d do Love In Vain and a Chuck Berry song as a regular part of the set to pay homage to their musical forefathers, Robert Johnson & CB. I imagined that Love In Vain would be so compelling that everyone would stand enraptured & silent (in the best possible way). When I read that they played them @ Echoplex it really stoked the fire. I was so disappointed when they weren't played on the tour and would be very happy to hear/see those versions from Echoplex, if they exist on film/audio.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 13, 2014 17:16

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Found some Echoplex footage. Don't have time to listen/watch it, but here you go!
Brown Sugar

I swear someone uploaded the audio of Route 66, but I can't find it on YouTube anymore!

This video convinces me. If you were to comb Jagger's hair back, he'd have quite the receding hairline. I first noticed it in the rain in San Diego in the 90's. If he got a crewcut, forget about it.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 13, 2014 20:44

Well, I'd second the motion to get this released. That Sugar is shit hot.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 13, 2014 21:16

Echoplex, like every gig on this tour, was professionally filmed and multitracked. The promotional snippets from every gig are straight off the board for audio, but the footage has been captured if they want to release it. Unfortunately Eagle Rock loves the 1995 MTV sideways-camera shots...

Phoenix in 05 was and is a great concert. The problem with the release is the terrible sound engineering. The bass is way too loud, snare is weak and sounds like a thud, and the guitars are thin and weak. It is a modern mixing technique and very unflattering to a guitar-based rocknroll band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-14 03:49 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: July 13, 2014 21:44

Long John Stoner
This video convinces me. If you were to comb Jagger's hair back, he'd have quite the receding hairline. I first noticed it in the rain in San Diego in the 90's. If he got a crewcut, forget about it.

Jeez are we back on this subject again! Personally I go to see the Stones to see and listen to them perform not to look at their hair! Who cares anyway Jagger is twice my age and still has more hair than me, so do many people come to think of it.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-13 21:45 by Nasty Habits.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 13, 2014 21:50

Plink
Did anyone here actually attend the Echoplex show?
I’m wondering if it was even filmed by the band at all. If so, I’d LOVE to see it. When I first heard they’d be touring for the 50th, I was absolutely convinced they’d do Love In Vain and a Chuck Berry song as a regular part of the set to pay homage to their musical forefathers, Robert Johnson & CB. I imagined that Love In Vain would be so compelling that everyone would stand enraptured & silent (in the best possible way). When I read that they played them @ Echoplex it really stoked the fire. I was so disappointed when they weren't played on the tour and would be very happy to hear/see those versions from Echoplex, if they exist on film/audio.

I attended this show. I was up front and don't recall video cameras, but I'm sure the Stones must have filmed it.
I know of someone that supposedly recorded the whole show. I don't know him well, but will try to verify if he really did record it.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 14, 2014 00:37

Halup
Plink
...Did anyone here actually attend the Echoplex show?...

I attended this show. I was up front and don't recall video cameras, but I'm sure the Stones must have filmed it.
I know of someone that supposedly recorded the whole show. I don't know him well, but will try to verify if he really did record it.

Thanks so much for responding, Halup. Amazing that you got in at all AND got up front to boot - what luck! So how was the show? How was "Love In Vain"? Would you mind posting a review? Apologies for asking so many questions, but this is the sort of up close & personal experience Stones fans dream of & I'd love to hear more smiling smiley

Lastly, did the person you spoke of record video or just audio, and was he an audience member recording surreptitiously or a pro working for the Stones?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home