Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones on Hollywood A Go-Go 1965
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 2, 2014 15:12

The Last Time from their appearance on U.S. TV show Hollywood A Go-Go, filmed at KHJ Studios on Melrose Avenue in Hollywood, California, May 15, 1965.

Mick and Brian clown about at one point and soon after Brian sticks his tongue out at the camera when it is on him.

The filming of The Last Time took more than one take because Brian kept sticking out his tongue at the camera immediately to his right.

The Gazzarri Dancers of Hollywood A Go-Go.

Performing the second song of their Hollywood A Go-Go appearance, Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin').

Hollywood A Go-Go host Sam Riddle.

The Gazzarri Dancers backstage. (Counterclockwise from front: Dale, Mimi, Jacqui, DeAnn; photo by Earl Leaf)

Rolling Stones rehearsal for their Hollywood A Go-Go appearance. Episode 22 was taped on Saturday, May 15, 1965, and broadcast on May 22.

The third song of their set, Play With Fire. The tambourine Charlie is "playing" was loaned to him by Richard Delvy, drummer for the Los Angeles instrumental surf band The Challengers, who were also on the show.

Spotlight on the Gazzarri Dancers A Go-Go.

Re: Rolling Stones on Hollywood A Go-Go 1965
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 2, 2014 16:22

Fantastic post!
thumbs up smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 2, 2014 16:25

Funny stuff! Thanks Stonehearted.

Mimicking is funny business, but seemingly Brian was on fire then, that little devil... Especially Mick seems to have problems in keeping his cool, and looks almost nervous sometimes when catching what the hell Brian is doing in his right side... Probably the most funniest things happened when the camera was not on Brian, but when it was, he has innocent-like look in face 'I didn't do anything'...

Some of it reminds me of "Start Me Up" video years later by making fun of all the mimicking business..

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-02 16:26 by Doxa.

Date: October 2, 2014 16:29

They're all laughing their heads off grinning smiley

Thanks for posting, Stonehearted.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 2, 2014 17:30

DandelionPowderman
They're all laughing their heads off grinning smiley

Thanks for posting, Stonehearted.

Yes. Thanks Stonehearted. Charlie's "Tambourine technique" on song three is wonderful!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 2, 2014 17:41

I love that early '65 stuff because the whole group seems loose and having fun. By 'Satisfaction' something has happened and Brian is withdrawing. This was not a big time TV show, more like a syndicated job and not a nationally broadcast show. Obviously the Stones are still trying to build an audience in America. Those dancers are so inappropriate on Play With Fire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home