Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nick Cave live and new movie
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 26, 2014 01:13

Had the good fortune to see (for the 2nd time) Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Mahalia Jackson Theater in New Orleans this week. Jesus Christ this guy is truly amazing. One of the most intense, mesmerizing performers out there. I'm late to the game, only becoming a fan over the past few years, but I continue to become more and more impressed. Caught an advance screening of his new film 20,000 Days on Earth last night as well (the general release is scheduled in October). Really good look at the man, the creative process and has some good live clips at the end. I just find him to be a very intelligent, poetic, force of nature who can do the darkest, scariest stuff and then also some of the most tender, gorgeous love songs. A true talent.

Re: OT: Nick Cave live and new movie
Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 26, 2014 06:49

I saw his show in DC two nights after the New Orleans one. Brilliant. But who does his booking: Austin on Saturday, New Orleans on Monday, DC on Wednesday?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 26, 2014 06:51

I've seen him many times, most recently at the beginning of this month. Always amazing! We got a special treat here. Mark Lanegan opened & joined Nick for a duet on "Weeping Song". Stunning.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 26, 2014 08:41

I would love to see him live, with or without the Bad Seeds. Nick Cave is one of my favorite ones of all time.

Date: July 26, 2014 12:23

Grinderman was quite intense live. Oddly, when Grinderman played here some spuds were yelling for Bad Seed songs, irritating Nick. Then @ the last Bad Seed show the opposite happened. Idiots.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 26, 2014 19:51

I was a regular visitor to the Nick Cave & Bad Seeds concerts at the Paradiso in the past, the Grinderman concert in Groningen was great and the last in 2013, I stood in front HMH in Amsterdam.thumbs up

The Road To God Knows Where/Live At The Paradiso

Released 4th January 2006

Format: 2 disc – DVD

Previously available on VHS, now released on DVD for the first time! ‘The Road To God Knows Where’ is a film by Uli M. Schueppel featuring a cast of Nick Cave, members of the Bad Seeds as well as Anita Lane, Lydia Lunch, Jim Thirwell and more. ‘Live At The Paradiso’ is a full-length live concert from the famed Paradiso Club in Amsterdam from 1992 featuring Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds performing “The Mercy Seat”, “The Ship Song”, “Tupelo”, amongst others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-26 20:14 by runaway.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 28, 2014 09:52

Nick Cave's Austin show was recorded for Austin City Limits.

[www.examiner.com]

Excellent!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 28, 2014 16:27

ill be checking out his music, I'm also late to the music of Nick Cave, after reading about him

last night saw a movie he was involved in the music for-

"Lawless" ...its a true story about a family (three brothers actually) who were bootleggers during prohibition.
OK movie but the music was really good in it..

Date: July 29, 2014 11:05

duke richardson
ill be checking out his music, I'm also late to the music of Nick Cave, after reading about him

"Lawless" ...its a true story about a family (three brothers actually) who were bootleggers during prohibition.

He's done several soundtracks with Warren Ellis. IMO Warren is unreal talented.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 30, 2014 15:23

What's a good album to start with? I picked up "Let Love In" on vinyl last week at the local record store.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 30, 2014 16:02

duke richardson

The script of the movie "Lawless" was written by Nick Cave. He was also a musical director of that movie.
The country music style White Light/White Heat was stunning.

He is a versatile artist.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 30, 2014 16:44

JohnnyBGoode
What's a good album to start with? I picked up "Let Love In" on vinyl last week at the local record store.

nick cave got my attention pretty early, he had just began his solo career after "the birthday party" disbanded. i was stunned by his performance in wim wenders wings of desire. got me his first records with the seeds: "from her to eternity" and "the firstborn is dead". this second being so infused with blues i think it would be a great entry for a stones fan into cave's world. And it still is probably my fav.

The first time i saw him live was during the "Henry's dream" tour in 1992. great gig and great record. I think it marks in some way the end of his "classic" period after such masterpieces as "Your funeral my trial" "Tender prey" and "The Good Son". All of them i would raccomend as fabolous.

I have seen him live many time since and always found his set really great even after Blixa Bargeld left the band, but not loved so much his records from mid90 up until his last one, in fact I really dig "Push the sky away" a lot.

and i forgot to mention: check last marianne faithfull's tune on soundcloud to hear the latest gorgeous song penned by cave

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-30 16:52 by maumau.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 30, 2014 17:44

The album that got my attention on him was Live Seeds. That's a great introduction, I think, and it's one of the finest live albums ever recorded, IMO.

BTW, I've just read about his live concerts in Europe, and this is definitely a must go:

[nickcave.com]

Date: September 30, 2014 21:29

Cristiano Radtke
The album that got my attention on him was Live Seeds. That's a great introduction, I think, and it's one of the finest live albums ever recorded, IMO.

BTW, I've just read about his live concerts in Europe, and this is definitely a must go:

[nickcave.com]

Agree about Live Seeds totally

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home