Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brixton Sb is Amazing!
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 25, 2014 03:22

Having finally had the chance to listen to it, it certainly is my favorite modern Stones recording ( 89 to present). It would rank near the top of any official release if it was released! Stunning recording and performance

Re: Brixton Sb is Amazing!
Date: August 25, 2014 10:48

It's great, but there is something weird about the mix in places, especially in the beginning (HTW, TD). And it is probably the only trainwreck version they did of MR ever?

The blues/country section of the show is pure magic thumbs up

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 25, 2014 14:13

Brixton is the best show they have done since the 70s.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 25, 2014 15:00

... if the 70's started in 1989 yes I agree.

I find the show vastly over-rated. It's not even the best club-show of 1995. OK it's better than all the 94 gigs combined but it doesn't say much as 1994 was very very poor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-25 15:01 by dcba.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 25, 2014 16:12

You obviously were not there dcba. I disagree that 1994/1995 tour was "very very poor". It was a big improvement on the 'let's play as close as possible to the record' 1989/1990 tour with Matt Clifford's keyboards way too loud in the mix.

Date: August 25, 2014 17:06

1994 wasn't "very very poor" overall but,I have always been somewhat shocked by how poor ' All Down the Line ' was in 1994 based on some of the recordings that I have heard. There was a definite improvement with the 1995 renditions of ' All Down the Line ' .

The best post-1978 performance of ' All Down the Line ' for my money was Atlantic City 2006 with honorable mention going to the 1995 CD single b-side , Boston 2003 , and a few 2005 performances.

Date: August 25, 2014 20:22

I'm dying to hear a 94 show that'll rock my world! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: August 25, 2014 20:39

Is this show released as a bootleg with discs and nice coverwork? What's it called? I like to buy this one like in the old days at a record fair, market or something.
I already have the "Having a laugh at Brixton" 2 cd bootleg of this show, but this is a great improvement soundwise, yes?

Date: August 25, 2014 20:43

Winning Ugly VXII
1994 wasn't "very very poor" overall but,I have always been somewhat shocked by how poor ' All Down the Line ' was in 1994 based on some of the recordings that I have heard. There was a definite improvement with the 1995 renditions of ' All Down the Line ' .

The best post-1978 performance of ' All Down the Line ' for my money was Atlantic City 2006 with honorable mention going to the 1995 CD single b-side , Boston 2003 , and a few 2005 performances.

Incredibly enough, the SAL-version is up there with the best latter day renditions, imo.

When it came on after a 1981 tour clip in Crossfire Hurricane, it sounded so much more powerful than the 81 footage.

Date: August 25, 2014 20:51

OutOfTime
Is this show released as a bootleg with discs and nice coverwork? What's it called? I like to buy this one like in the old days at a record fair, market or something.
I already have the "Having a laugh at Brixton" 2 cd bootleg of this show, but this is a great improvement soundwise, yes?

It´s a excellent soundboard recording, so it´s a big improvement from the audience tape of "having a laugh in Brixton". It´s the best bootleg that have been released in a long time. Rattlesnake label was the first label to release silverpressed discs of the soundboard tape.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-25 20:53 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: August 25, 2014 21:12

As this is my favorite show of the 25 I've seen, I look forward to hearing the soundboard and hopefully a great quality video. I cannot fathom DCBA's take on the 94 tour, however. I love it. They found, for me, the sweet pocket of looseness and discipline. Imaginative setlists, great enthusiasm, and perfect staging, lighting and wardrobe (save the SFMan skirt!). Only No Security rivals it for me. Back when I would still watch every video I could get my hands on, the Halloween show from Oakland got worn out in my VCR.

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: August 25, 2014 21:44

dcba
I'm dying to hear a 94 show that'll rock my world! >grinning smiley<

Have you tried the New Orleans radio broadcast?

Date: August 26, 2014 20:45

JumpinJeppeFlash
OutOfTime

It´s a excellent soundboard recording, so it´s a big improvement from the audience tape of "having a laugh in Brixton". It´s the best bootleg that have been released in a long time. Rattlesnake label was the first label to release silverpressed discs of the soundboard tape.

Thanks for your information JumpinJeppe!
I had a look around internet and found that it is indeed an improvement and very well done job, although it seems it's not really a soundboard recording but a "remix-production" with the help of new computertechnics of a DVD recording. Well I'm going to purchase this anyhow. Thanks!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 26, 2014 21:42

Audience video and soundboard audio mix:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-26 22:11 by Deltics.

Date: August 26, 2014 21:56

OutOfTime
JumpinJeppeFlash
OutOfTime

Thanks for your information JumpinJeppe!
I had a look around internet and found that it is indeed an improvement and very well done job, although it seems it's not really a soundboard recording but a "remix-production" with the help of new computertechnics of a DVD recording. Well I'm going to purchase this anyhow. Thanks!

Audio is from the soundboard.

Date: August 26, 2014 22:07

Audio is from a video source, probably a VHS tape that's been "cleaned"/dehissed by Rattlesnake.

Date: August 26, 2014 22:08

dcba
Audio is from a video source, probably a VHS tape that's been "cleaned"/dehissed by Rattlesnake.

I´m not sure about that one.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 27, 2014 02:12

As great a recording as it is, why on earth couldn't they get the mix correct (Keith in right and Ronnie in left) is way beyond me.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 27, 2014 07:53

Best Vegas-era Stones I've heard.

Date: August 27, 2014 10:22

The word "Vegas" doesn't spring to mind when listening to Still A Fool smiling smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: August 27, 2014 11:07

shadooby
As great a recording as it is, why on earth couldn't they get the mix correct (Keith in right and Ronnie in left) is way beyond me.

Yes, but wasn´t there another release with "correct" channels? I think I read something about that, but not sure ...

Date: August 27, 2014 11:33

71Tele

Paradiso(s) was/were better...

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:34

Just listening to the show it's a good show, but when you where there at the time, I think it would have been a great show

Date: August 27, 2014 21:55

Deltics
Audience video and soundboard audio mix:

Thank You! I watched from Black Limousine to Shine A Light. It's Great!

Why not a DVD from the Vaults 1995 with all songs from Paradiso Amsterdam and bonustracks (Black Limousine, Meet Me In The Bottom, Faraway Eyes).
Could be a bestseller among STONES-believersthumbs up

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 27, 2014 22:31

I really hope the pro-shot footage leaks soon.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:30

Best gig I have ever attended! The Stones were truly great that night, but it was more than that. It was one of those rare shows where there is something special in the air. Everything came together perfectly! The Band, The audience, The Venue.... Everything!

I have only listened to bits and pieces of the soundboard, and kind of want it to stay that way.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: August 31, 2014 00:56

The Brixton Academy was (in my opinion) the Best show from The Voodoo Lounge tour , boy they were on fire that night .

And the 19-07-1995 Brixton Academy Show deserves a OFFICIAL RELEASE ON DVD AND CD/VINYL BOX SET ! FROm Eagle records.....

Would be a best seller among fans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-31 01:00 by nico one.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 31, 2014 01:48

have once been there(to attend my sons bands concert) am not surprised the venue produced something special for Stones ; The place IS so special. so raw, so tight, so full of history,

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: August 31, 2014 13:04

dcba
71Tele

Paradiso(s) was/were better...

In every ways.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: August 31, 2014 23:35

Sorry Mitch , but in my humble opinion the 2 smiling smiley Paradiso shows cant Match up with the 1 smiling smiley Brixton Academy show , music / show /set list wise ...,

the Paradiso way more clinical/rehearsed tensed, the Brixton gig was the Stones on their finest : Raw , relaxed and when they are enjoying them self the music /show gets better ,

Its a no brainer , Brixton Academy is far better ,if the pro shot dvd will ever appear you,ll see.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home