Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

very OT: Tips to Stop Procrastinating/Paralysis?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 1, 2014 05:17

hi -- ironic to post on iorr, the procrastinator's dream destination, about how you stop procrastinating.
But how do you get unstuck? Please don't say Just Do It winking smiley

thanks
swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 06:24 by swiss.

Re: very OT: Tips to Stop Procrastinating/Paralysis?
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: September 1, 2014 06:01

Thanks.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2014 06:18

My advice is, unless you are a night owl by nature, then try to get a good night's sleep tonight. No point in agonizing over it when the nightly demons are out in full force. Hopefully, during the daylight, you'll be better able to focus. A change of scenery often helps me. Find the quietest spot at the library, if it's open tomorrow, or go to a neighborhood Starbucks and sit there until you get it done. Reward yourself every hour or so with a stretch and some more coffee. Best of luck to you! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 14:10 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2014 06:20

ROCKMAN

Date: September 1, 2014 06:23

Thank you so much, latebloomer. I am going to go take a walk right now, come back home, see whether I'm inspired and if not, put everything away until tomorrow. Thanks. Hope to help you out somehow someday! smiling smiley

best
swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 07:21 by swiss.

Date: September 1, 2014 06:27

Fantastic -- thanks Rockeeee! smiling bouncing smiley

xo
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 07:23 by swiss.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2014 06:32

swiss
latebloomer
My advice is, unless you are a night owl by nature, then try to get a good night's sleep tonight. No point in agonizing over it when the nightly demons are out in full force. Hopefully, during the daylight, you'll be better able to focus. A change of scenery often helps me. Find the quietest spot at the library, if it's open tomorrow, or go to a neighborhood Starbucks and sit there until you get it done. Reward yourself every hour or so with a stretch and some more coffee. Best of luck to you! smiling smiley

Thank you so much, latebloomer. I am going to go take a walk right now, come back home, see whether I'm inspired and if not, put everything away until tomorrow. Thanks. Hope to help you out somehow someday! smiling smiley

best
swiss

You don't owe me a thing, happy to be of help. The one thing I can state with complete confidence is that I am an expert on procrastination.

Sending waves of productive vibes your way. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-01 14:11 by latebloomer.

Date: September 1, 2014 07:23

latebloomer
You don't owe me a thing, happy to be of help. The one thing I can state with complete confidence is that I am an expert on procrastination.

Sending waves of productive vibes your way. smiling smiley

Thank you, latebloomer -- I feel them hitting San Francisco -- I know we don't say xo on iorr (we're made of sterner stuff here) but xo! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home