Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Where's Mick Go During Keith's Set?
Date: July 22, 2014 07:44

I know that during the 1981 tour Mick & Keith weren't exactly good friends, so (forgive me if I'm wrong) there was a clause in the tour contract that Mick Jagger had to leave the stage during Keith's set. When I watched the 1975 tour video of 'Happy' from L.A. Friday (video below), I could see why! Mick was just living up the role of...backing singer(?) as a drug-fueled Richards fumbled through his guitar-plucking and singing, while Jagger just ran around stage dancing before running back to the mic just in time for the chorus, and seemed to try and make Keef's song his (see 1:12).

So this had me wondering-has this tour requirement been implemented in the 1981-2014 tours? I can understand why if Mick needs a wardrobe change in between Keith's last song and Mick's next song, but it seems that since 2013, 'Rambler' has usually, if not always, followed the last Richards performance, and in 2007, 'Miss You' followed Keith's set, with one exception. Does Richards still want Mick off of the stage for his two songs and state it in the contract, or does Jagger leave the stage of his own freewill?

Re: Where's Mick Go During Keith's Set?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 22, 2014 08:01

Never heard about Mick having to leave the stage being IN the contract. Thats highly interesting. I always assumed it was a combination of many things. Starting in 81, the shows got longer, so it seemed logical Mick just needs a break in between the shows. He's working his ass off every night, it seemed fair he just needed a breather a bit.

Another reason was I assumed he just never felt comfortable in the backup singer role. He can obviously do it, but he's still up there being "Mick Jagger". I feel he thinks if he's up there, he's got to keep the crowd entertained and just figured if its not his song then its just a waste of his energy.

And lastly, simply because he and Keith aren't that close anymore and, sadly, Mick just couldn't give a shit about Keith's portion of the show. Leaves the stage, ignores whats happening, and just prays Keith's antics don't ruin the show.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 22, 2014 08:15

....goes out the back and steals Ronnie's bananas

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 22, 2014 09:19

He's got one of these backstage

[dailynewsdig.com]

and he gets the time to use it!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 22, 2014 14:33

CaptainCorella
He's got one of these backstage
[dailynewsdig.com]
and he gets the time to use it!
strange i thought he gets to use one of these?
[www.healthfirst.com]

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 22, 2014 14:35

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: July 22, 2014 14:46

In the 70's Mick would go back and do a few lines of yeyo,nowdays he probably has a couple of shots of Geritol....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: July 22, 2014 15:18

The only person who's written that it's in the contract is Nick Kent and he's been caught printing lies before. I doubt it's in the contract but - purely my speculation - I think there's a verbal agreement between the two that Mick will get off the stage during Keith's set.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 22, 2014 15:31

Somewhere I have a photo of Mick changing clothes behind the scenes, while watching Keith perform on a monitor.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 22, 2014 15:56

From4tilLate
The only person who's written that it's in the contract is Nick Kent and he's been caught printing lies before.
isn't he the one who came up with the term "elegantly wasted"?
The Worst.
Somewhere I have a photo of Mick changing clothes behind the scenes, while watching Keith perform on a monitor.
ever the control freak

Posted by: rowley ()
Date: July 22, 2014 16:04

This has been asked here before. During the ABB Tour in Washington, I sat in the first row of the second level on the side. When Mick left the stage, I saw him raise his arms in the air as one woman pulled his shirt off over his head and then another woman put his fresh shirt on. Then he stood there drinking bottled water until a couple minutes before it was time for him to go back on.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2014 16:13

rowley
This has been asked here before. During the ABB Tour in Washington, I sat in the first row of the second level on the side. When Mick left the stage, I saw him raise his arms in the air as one woman pulled his shirt off over his head and then another woman put his fresh shirt on. Then he stood there drinking bottled water until a couple minutes before it was time for him to go back on.

We have that in our house too...a woman hired to remove the clothes and a different one hired to put them on for you.

It comes from watching too much Downton Abbey I guess.

It goes so much faster though.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 22, 2014 17:19

Get's head

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 22, 2014 18:44

Nikkei
From4tilLate
The only person who's written that it's in the contract is Nick Kent and he's been caught printing lies before.
isn't he the one who came up with the term "elegantly wasted"?
The Worst.
ever the control freak

Naw, He's just making sure Keith doesn't blank out. H'es just ready to take over if he did.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 22, 2014 18:45

the bathroom

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 22, 2014 19:15

under his oxygen tent – asking himself a.) how's Keith able to do a show without a break in between, b.) "why is Keith so much cooler than I am?"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2014 19:20

Busy handing out invitations to the after-party to model girls upfront?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 22, 2014 22:59

treaclefingers
rowley

We have that in our house too...a woman hired to remove the clothes and a different one hired to put them on for you.

It comes from watching too much Downton Abbey I guess.

It goes so much faster though.

hahahahahaha,
and the women are much younger.

just the age Jagger likes them.

jeroen

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 23, 2014 03:23

Checking up on the cricket or tennis.

Posted by: backtozero ()
Date: July 23, 2014 03:57

pee

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 23, 2014 04:50

Where the boys all go (on a Saturday night!)

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 23, 2014 16:18

wardrobe change and quick rest so he can finish the show in a flurry. Mick/Keith are still close, regardless of what people want to think.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 23, 2014 16:24

Logs on to IORR to laugh at the set list complaints.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 23, 2014 16:24

I'd like to think he is bangin' some chick. smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2014 21:56

stonehearted
Logs on to IORR to laugh at the set list complaints.

grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:50

He changes his shirt ( By the way, I volunteer to be one of those ladies who help with that!)sits and sips on his Evian and laughs his ass off at how BAD Keith sounds! He takes notes, thinking ...".so many run for the exits...for beer and a pee...gee, they don't do that when I SING!!! "

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:52

I thought he counts gate receipts.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:55

maybe Down In The Hole?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 24, 2014 16:25

A Mick Jagger doppelganger comes out to do the second half while the original MJ is placed in cold storage until the next show.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 24, 2014 18:13

mickschix
He changes his shirt ( By the way, I volunteer to be one of those ladies who help with that!)sits and sips on his Evian and laughs his ass off at how BAD Keith sounds! He takes notes, thinking ...".so many run for the exits...for beer and a pee...gee, they don't do that when I SING!!! "

Nice mickschix, real nice.eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home