Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger Tokyo Dome 1988
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2014 21:58

Has this one been uploaded before? Published
yesterday on YouTube. Opinions about this one?

MJ, Osaka, 1988

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 01:27 by Stoneage.

Re: Mick Jagger Osakajo Castle Hall 1987
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 14, 2014 22:34

The info is wrong - The date is wrong (should be 1988) and it's nowhere near a full concert...........the actual shows were 2hrs 15mns or so...(as I'm sure you know.....

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: August 14, 2014 23:01

This is only the japanese tv broadcast

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 14, 2014 23:12

I can't decide which I like less, the band or his hair.>grinning smiley<

Re: Mick Jagger Osakajo Castle Hall 1988
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 15, 2014 00:19

what a great show-

this is the template for every stones tour since steel wheels.heavy on the hits with a couple of new ones thrown in,songs played closer to the studio versions,special guests[in this case tina turner]and alot of crowd interaction.

i feel sorry for the braiwashed retards who spent the last thirty years having keith tell them what to think,even his own guitar tech came from this tour.

with doug wimbish and simon phillips on bass and drums,jimmy rip and joe satriani on the guitars every note was spot on.this is what mick was gonna do if the stones didnt patch things up,the stones catalogue was going with him the same as paul mccartney now does the beatles stuff.

these shows also gave us lisa and bernard and that version of gimme shelter we've been hearing for a long time now.

i liked the version of harlem shuffle with their backing vocals and mick doing party doll with the acoustic guitar-great show from the best frontman in the business.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2014 00:41

Keessie
This is only the japanese tv broadcast

... which was taped in Tokyo right?
Osaka only exists in so-so aud quality.

OT but it's always funny to watch this version of "Shelter" grinning smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 15, 2014 01:13

The Tokyo show. It's amazing. He gathered the best musicians money can buy, spared no expense, worked his butt off singing better than ever before, and it just doesn't work and it's hard to say why.

Date: August 15, 2014 01:26

I'm sorry. I'm not an expert on Mick Jagger solo tours apparently. The concert seems to be from Tokyo. The info on Youtube looks to be all wrong. It is Mick Jagger though...

Date: August 15, 2014 01:46

drbryant
The Tokyo show. It's amazing. He gathered the best musicians money can buy, spared no expense, worked his butt off singing better than ever before, and it just doesn't work and it's hard to say why.

you mean it doesnt work for YOU. the fans who are actually at the show are having a great time and thats all that matters in the end.
trust me,if mick and keith hadnt patched things up everyone on this site would've seen this show probably more than once and loved it.

its like saying mccartneys show "doesnt work" because its not the beatles.uh,yes it does work and very well.this band playing this show cuts any solo gig by any stone to pieces.i saw keith with the barbarians and the "winos'-it was ok but he could hardly do the stones stuff because they didnt have you know who.the sad truth is that it was a career destined for bars and clubs without jagger.

iorr-the only place on the planet you can find people who think waddy wachtel is a better guitar player than joe satriani.

Date: August 15, 2014 01:46

Ouch! Why did I watch this (again)?

The weakest link in this band is Mick himself. He looks out of shape and doesn't sing! Satriani does his best, but Tumbling Dice can't be his favourite tune smiling smiley And this professional band fvcks up more than the Stones do today grinning smiley

I'm sure I have seen better Mick solo shows before. Was this shown on TV? Rip had lots of technical problems. Must have been an off night for the band?

I liked Party Doll (but not the synth!!!) and some parts of Just Another Night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 01:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Mick Jagger Tokyo Dome 1988
Date: August 15, 2014 01:48

Dcba
but it's always funny to watch this version of "Shelter"

Yeah, I've seen this one before. Seems like a throat infection. Maybe this was the start of his voice problems?

Date: August 15, 2014 01:52

drbryant

Singing better? He seems to be having a mean laryngitis...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2014 02:01

worked his butt off singing better than ever before, and it just doesn't work and it's hard to say why.

ROCKMAN

Date: August 15, 2014 02:14

DandelionPowderman
The weakest link in this band is Mick himself. He looks out of shape and doesn't sing!

Exactly. Even his timing is off. But maybe that is due to his laryngitis? The band is carrying him though.

Date: August 15, 2014 02:24

yeah he's singing really terrrible and there are technical problems and....and ...

guys-go sit down and listen to talk is cheap a few more times and pull out a few old magazine articles telling you how to think again.

there are too many stones songs for a "solo" show.keith said so...

this is a "jerk-off band" ..keith said so...

yeah,joe satriani and doug wimbish really suck..common knowledge among musicians.and keith was elected to the counsel of " how many of your former bands songs you're allowed on a solo tour"of course so that makes sense too- dont listen to closely though,you might hear something really good and we cant have that,it wont fit the narrative.

Date: August 15, 2014 02:31

Lem, I'm not criticizing the band. They're doing what they are hired to do. Whether one likes that or not is a matter of taste. You can't expect them to sound like the Stones.
But clearly Jagger is suffering from some kind of throat infection here. I can only feel sorry for him.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 15, 2014 02:34

At that time he stuffed coke and amphetamines ....!

Date: August 15, 2014 02:40

Coke does this to your voice?

Date: August 15, 2014 02:42

the tour of japan was the first time he had been onstage in 6 years.

its not a matter of taste- this is a really good show for anyone who likes the rolling stones music.the songs are played perfectly,lisa and bernard are great,mick is working the crowd and they are loving it-

no of course its not the stones-i've seen ronnies band with bernard singing the stones songs,i've seen the barbarians and winos and it didnt make them any less great because it wasnt the stones.

lets be honest with ourselves,most people who knock this stuff are just repeating 30 years of keith s bullshit.

i dont see how anyone who likes the rolling stones music could see jagger up there doing it and not say its at least pretty good.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: August 15, 2014 02:46

Disgraceful ....reason enough for Keith to hate him.

Date: August 15, 2014 03:05

Brstonesfan
Disgraceful ....reason enough for Keith to hate him.

keith thanks you and would like you to sit tight and await further instructions.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 15, 2014 03:07

Oh man it's just not the same is it?

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Would you please welcome...
smiling bouncing smiley

"...Mick Jagger"
sad smiley

Date: August 15, 2014 03:17

I like Mick Jagger's solo stuff........it may not be exactly the same taste as the Stones at their mouth watering best but it is adventurous and alive and to me, that does taste fantastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 03:19 by EddieByword.

Date: August 15, 2014 03:23

Bastion
Oh man it's just not the same is it?

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Would you please welcome...
smiling bouncing smiley

"...Mick Jagger"
sad smiley

confused smiley .... Try saying "Ladies and Gentlemen! Would you please welcome the Rolling Stones ................

But without Mick Jagger, that's a bigger...............sad smiley

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: August 15, 2014 04:37

lem motlow
what a great show-

this is the template for every stones tour since steel wheels.heavy on the hits with a couple of new ones thrown in,songs played closer to the studio versions,special guests[in this case tina turner]and alot of crowd interaction.

i feel sorry for the braiwashed retards who spent the last thirty years having keith tell them what to think,even his own guitar tech came from this tour.

with doug wimbish and simon phillips on bass and drums,jimmy rip and joe satriani on the guitars every note was spot on.this is what mick was gonna do if the stones didnt patch things up,the stones catalogue was going with him the same as paul mccartney now does the beatles stuff.

these shows also gave us lisa and bernard and that version of gimme shelter we've been hearing for a long time now.

i liked the version of harlem shuffle with their backing vocals and mick doing party doll with the acoustic guitar-great show from the best frontman in the business.

All of this is true, for better and worse.

What Keith did with the Winos was an alternative, and to my mind, superior, model. But this is far from terrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 04:39 by Mel Belli.

Date: August 15, 2014 08:45

lem motlow
yeah he's singing really terrrible and there are technical problems and....and ...

guys-go sit down and listen to talk is cheap a few more times and pull out a few old magazine articles telling you how to think again.

there are too many stones songs for a "solo" show.keith said so...

this is a "jerk-off band" ..keith said so...

yeah,joe satriani and doug wimbish really suck..common knowledge among musicians.and keith was elected to the counsel of " how many of your former bands songs you're allowed on a solo tour"of course so that makes sense too- dont listen to closely though,you might hear something really good and we cant have that,it ewont fit the narrative.

I really listened. They were high, and sang/played poorly. Listen to Satriani on Throwaway and TD!

Whimbish and Phillips are class musicians, but I don't share their musical tastes. Good for you if you like drum rolls with a zillion toms and bass slapping in rhythm and blues songs. I don't.

What has Keith to do with this? You should get out of your Mick fanboy role for a sec and listen to this show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-15 08:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 15, 2014 19:12

I think this is hilarious!!! I love the intro and all Mick's ridiculous faces - he really does look like a parody of himslef here!! Very very funny. It really shows how muh he improved once he got back on the road with the Stones - this 1988 Jagger seems a lot like the one we saw in 81/82.....but by 1989 he'd sharpened up his act quite a bit.....and today he is back to bein a serious musician again, rather than clowing around like he is in this Tokyo video.

I saw Mick's 1988 Australian tour - at the time I was 17 years old and a huge Stones fan - but was really worried that the Stones had broken up. I tried to get tickets for Jagger's Sydney show but they were all sold out....but then luckily a friend from my school was able to use his Mum's gold credit card to get floor seats, about 5 rows from the front. In those days it was possible to leave your seat and walk to the barrier at the front of the stage, which we did, and we had a great night. I remember thinking that Jimmy Rip was a complete try-hard and was really annoyed by his blatant attempt at "being Keith". But apart from that I really enjoyed the show. It was another 7 years before I finally got to see the Stones live in Sydney (april 1995, and since then I've seen them 35 times, all around the world.

My Stones gigs:

April 1 1995: Sydney, Australia
April 2, 1995: Sydney, Australia
April 1995: Brisbane, Australia
October 1997: Edmonton, Canada
April 1999: Boston, USA
April 1999: Boston USA
November 2002: San Francisco, USA (PacBell Park)
November 2002: Oakland, USA
February 2003: Enmore Theatre, Sydney, Australia
February 2003: Sydney Superdome
February 2003: Sydney Superdome
March 2003: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
March 2003: Melbourne (Rod Laver Arena)
March 2003: Brisbane, Australia
August 2003: Werchter, Belgium
August 2003: Glasgow SECC, Scotland
August 2003: London (Wembley Arena), England
September 2005: Madison Square Garden, New York
September 2005: Giants Stadium, New York
April 2006: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
July 2006: Stade de France, Paris
August 2006: Twickenham, London
August 2006: Twickenham, London
August 2006: Glasgow, Scotland
July 2007: Stade de France, Paris
August 2007: Slane Castle, Dublin, Ireland
August 2007: O2 Arena, London
November 2012: O2 Arena, London
November 2012: O2 Arena, London
July 2013: Hyde Park, London
July 2013: Hyde Park, London
May 2014: Lisbon, Portugal
June 2014: Paris, France

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 15, 2014 19:24

kahoosier
I can't decide which I like less, the band or his hair.>grinning smiley<
Another reason to hate the 80's.

Date: August 16, 2014 00:23

DandelionPowderman
I really listened. They were high, and sang/played poorly. Listen to Satriani on Throwaway and TD!

Whimbish and Phillips are class musicians, but I don't share their musical tastes. Good for you if you like drum rolls with a zillion toms and bass slapping in rhythm and blues songs. I don't.

What has Keith to do with this? You should get out of your Mick fanboy role for a sec and listen to this show.

funny how all of a sudden you turned into a music critic for the london times reviewing the philharmonic.where was all that in depth analysis when keith was blowing intros and notes during the stones tour?
in fact can you show us one time in your more than 24000 posts that you criticized him about anything,fanboy?

face it,you're part of the mick-bad keith-good groupie crowd and your opinion holds no weight.

Date: August 16, 2014 01:04

Anybody who has been here long enough has read my critical posts about Keith and Ronnie. Nowadays, they are old and I don't see the reason for being as hard on them. But, yeah, I'm still critical when things go to far, if you bother to read those posts.

You're supposed to be the stand up tough guy, right. Weeping over a little criticism doesn't suit you. I said there were other better Jagger shows, I said why and I showed you that I took the time to listen through this thoroughly. Be reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-16 01:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home