Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Ryan Adams
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 26, 2013 22:20

Anybody dig Ryan Adams, been getting into his music lately and its great stuff. Excellent songwriter. He is obviously a big Stones fan, he wrote a tune called Song For Keith.

Song For Keith Lyrics - Ryan Adams

Sitting round thinking ‘bout Keith all day long
Getting stoned thinking ‘bout how he played the guitar
Ain't nothing like getting stoned to The Rolling Stones
Can't find my copy of Goats Head Soup
Think it's under my clothes
Having drinks taking some pills and playing in ‘A'
Dressing up pretending it's 1973
Ain't nothing like getting stoned to the Rolling Stones
Go get my copy of Let It Bleed
I got some papers and weed
God damnit where are my smokes?
This ain't nothing but a song for Keith
Ronnie Wood back when he had his Own Album To Do
Was pretty good but dammit I love Mick Taylor too
Ain't nothing like getting high spinning Love You Live
Making out with some movie star
I'd rather listen to Exile
Baby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-29 11:14 by bv.

Re: Ryan Adams
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 26, 2013 22:36

Haha, never heard of that song before. I like those lyrics, he's obviously a big Stones fan. His cover of Brown Sugar sounded fantastic when I saw him in 2002.
I also heard him imitating lines from the Gimme Shelter movie on a boot of one of his shows.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 26, 2013 22:52

just getting into his songs. I like 'Oh My Sweet Carolina' very much. seems its been covered a lot ...
he's got a GP kind of vibe. Done a lot of good work.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 26, 2013 23:01

For the last time please, it's BRYAN Adams.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 26, 2013 23:09

"Song For Keith" was a b-side on "Nuclear" from Demolition.

"Brown Sugar" with Beth Orton - outtake from Gold sessions.

RA opened some shows on the Winter 2003 leg of the Licks tour.

Date: October 26, 2013 23:19

Some of his songs do remind me a lot of Gram Parsons.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 26, 2013 23:23

Opened the '03 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh concert.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 27, 2013 00:00

MILKYWAY

Nothing quite as funny as loudly requesting Summer of '69 at a Ryan Adams concert.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2013 04:47

MingSubu

yes I was there. The guy is awful.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 27, 2013 06:46

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 27, 2013 06:54

Cold Roses, one of my favorite LPs of the last 10 years....

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: October 27, 2013 10:26

i love him, hes also a big fan of recods

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 27, 2013 10:34

I love this guy,though he can be inconsistant,he is very active in his release of material as well.
I think I might have most of his output but you can never be sure he has not put out something that you missed.
My favourite album of his is Gold,theres are so many good to great songs on it and my copy is a 2CD issue,Nobody Girl is fantastic.
The video of New York New York the lead single of that album was apparently shot on the weekend before 9/11.
Check out Demolition too one of his so called throw away albums,these songs were regarded as demos hence the title.
Heartbreaker another fine album,check out the whole catalouge if you can work out what is available and in what format.
I regard Gold as one of my all time favourites alongside Blonde on Blonde and Let it Bleed ,thats how good I personally feel about it.

Date: October 27, 2013 10:53

adotulipson
I love this guy,though he can be inconsistant,he is very active in his release of material as well.
I think I might have most of his output but you can never be sure he has not put out something that you missed.
My favourite album of his is Gold,theres are so many good to great songs on it and my copy is a 2CD issue,Nobody Girl is fantastic.
The video of New York New York the lead single of that album was apparently shot on the weekend before 9/11.
Check out Demolition too one of his so called throw away albums,these songs were regarded as demos hence the title.
Heartbreaker another fine album,check out the whole catalouge if you can work out what is available and in what format.
I regard Gold as one of my all time favourites alongside Blonde on Blonde and Let it Bleed ,thats how good I personally feel about it.

i have everything released except his last live lp boxed set. it counts about over 30 albums..., then i have about 10 unreleased full mixed albums....

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 27, 2013 13:06

More Hot Rocks
MingSubu

Yeah, wasn't my thing. If I remember correctly, the band had some cool gear. Other than that, nothing.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 27, 2013 13:47

Better still:

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 27, 2013 14:46

bluesinc.
adotulipson

i have everything released except his last live lp boxed set. it counts about over 30 albums..., then i have about 10 unreleased full mixed albums....

There you go sums him up well.I was unaware of the stuff you just mentioned ,have to got any limks to check these out.
I would like to think that there is a few gems in that work load somewhere.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 27, 2013 14:50

BowieStone
MILKYWAY

Nothing quite as funny as loudly requesting Summer of '69 at a Ryan Adams concert.

>grinning smiley<

Date: October 28, 2013 17:19

I could not believe how many songs this guy has written.

adotulipson, I have read about that live box set he put and would love to hear it, but it looks like he only put it out on record and its out of print. Any idea where I can find some live stuff of his?

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:50

MingSubu
More Hot Rocks
MingSubu

Yeah, wasn't my thing. If I remember correctly, the band had some cool gear. Other than that, nothing.

Too angsty, hipsterish for me. And it seems like he's got a photographer following him around everywhere - in black and white.

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:57

If you're not familiar with Ryan's old band Whiskeytown, check them out.
Their album Strangers Almanac is a good place to start.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 29, 2013 18:24

Great songwriter! Would love to hear some of that live box set, is this out of print? Was it every put out on cd? Sort of weird how hard it is to get and that he doesn't really release live stuff officially.

Date: October 29, 2013 19:46

Hound Dog
I could not believe how many songs this guy has written.

adotulipson, I have read about that live box set he put and would love to hear it, but it looks like he only put it out on record and its out of print. Any idea where I can find some live stuff of his?

it was also released as a download with about 80 bonzs tracks i think, it´s on amazon,itunes... it´s the whole tour, so many songs are repeated...

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: October 30, 2013 21:52

If your interested in seeing his stuff live there are lots of good quality concerts posted on Youtube.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 31, 2013 02:39

Big fan of Ryan! I went to see him play down in Brighton last year, great solo/acoustic gig. He played beautifully and was also funny and charming between songs. After his first two albums I really thought he was gonna be something special. He hasn't quite got there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-31 02:41 by strat72.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 31, 2013 05:23

crholmstrom
Better still:

Hell yeah!

Date: November 1, 2013 01:16

strat72, digging into his catelog and his first two albums do seem to be his best, some of his stuff with the Cardinals is good. I just can't believe how many albums he has put out. And a bunch of others that are still unreleased.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: November 1, 2013 07:07

Hound Dog
strat72, digging into his catelog and his first two albums do seem to be his best, some of his stuff with the Cardinals is good. I just can't believe how many albums he has put out. And a bunch of others that are still unreleased.

I think he tried to be far to prolific! I really like '29' and 'Demolition' as they are, and there is good stuff on all his Albums. I just think that if he combined the best material from the two 'Love is Hell' albums on to one record, and the same with 'Cold Roses' & 'JCN' and also 'Easy Tiger & 'Cardinology' he would have had three really good albums instead of six good/average ones.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: November 2, 2013 09:29

bluesinc.
adotulipson

Bluesinc, these last 10 albums- are these live boots? Or something else? I am a big RA fan too, have all his stuff, but not unreleased. Can i find them?

Date: November 2, 2013 23:22

FortuneTeller800
bluesinc.
adotulipson

Bluesinc, these last 10 albums- are these live boots? Or something else? I am a big RA fan too, have all his stuff, but not unreleased. Can i find them?

i´m at work right now but i´ll recall it for you; three chapters:
1) his official records (ncluding the two FINGERS Lps and the ORION LP) plus all the b sides & compilation tracks , they alaone make 5 to 6 full cds.
2) albums relased on his website (streaming or dl, like SAD DRACULA, WARREN PEACE etc i think about 25 (really but many of them are really rubbish...)
3) mostly ready for release or mixed or something like that, i think you meant these:
Exile on Franklin Street (recorded before Heartbreaker)
Destroyer (before Heartbreaker)
Suicide Handbook (before Gold)
48 Hours (recorded shortly after Gold)
Swedish Sessions
Pinkheaerts Sessions
Pinkhearts Sessions two (Pinkhearts, Swedish & 48 make Demolition)
Elizabethtown Sessions
this is what comes to my mind right now.....

there´s a ryanadamsarchive on the web where you can find all these albums, search ynd you´ll have them quick. there was a box set in the making 20/20 but ryan scrapped it after the cardinals split, so...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home