Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones-Drummer Charlie Watts zu Gast im Ö3-Studio
Posted by: wolfie ()
Date: April 3, 2011 19:05

Youtube link:

I just love the man...

Re: Stones-Drummer Charlie Watts zu Gast im Ö3-Studio
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2011 19:27

Listen from 3:40 and on - Charlie answer on being in the studio. He says "we will be doing it again" - how much clearer can it be said: THERE WILL BE A NEW ALBUM. Great news from Charlie. Sunday, April 3'rd has become a great day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-03 19:28 by mtaylor.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: April 3, 2011 19:35

of course he's going to say they're doing it again. he kinda HAS to say that. you really think charlie is going to say "we might go on the road, we might record an album, we're not sure yet"? or "no, we're done. that's it. no more stones". musicians aren't afraid to lie.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2011 19:49

I don't think Charlie was impressed by the interviewer from the very start .He wasn't too smart with his questions.Nothing realy knew came out of it. smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2011 19:54

Charlie was not asked if Stones were going to record together again. He was asked by the interviewer, if being with the other ones was like before and then he answered that it was (they do things separately), and that they were going to record again in the future - he didn't know exactly when.
Doing the vocal with Mick was done in Mick's house while recording other stuff together - that it is Charlie and Mick were doing some music together. Like to say, we are not inactive - we do things here and there.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 3, 2011 20:03

4;05.... "In fact when Mick did the vocal on this I was working with him in his house doing some tracks"...........that's pretty clear to me...a new Stones album is a work in progress... plus of course they may be also working togethor from opposite ends of the planet...the wonders of technology....(For those who say..OOOh...they haven't been near a studio in eons).........

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 3, 2011 20:06

crawdaddy
I don't think Charlie was impressed by the interviewer........
I dont recall ever seeing Charlie "impressed" by any interviewer anywhere.
Charlie is funny about interview stuff, he always seems so bored, to the point he makes fun of them. I remember before the Miami PPV concert, before the show they were doing short blips and interviews preshow backstage, and Charlie replied something like "oh nothing much, just have a snack before the show"... and when the camera pulled back, it showed he was reading from a cue card...... it was funny as hell.... atleast I think it was supposed to be funny.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 3, 2011 20:21

Right from the start the guy was only interested in Charlie,and not Dave or Ben.It was as if they were not there until Charlie said''You better speak to the piano player who got it all together''.The radio guy had no choice then. Charlie then nudged Dave and gave the ''wind up'' hand movement.Whether he meant ''Is this a wind up'' or'' We'll wind this guy up'' I dunno.I just felt that Charlie thought he was being disrespectful to his bandmates. winking smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: April 3, 2011 21:22

crawdaddy
I don't think Charlie was impressed by the interviewer from the very start .He wasn't too smart with his questions.

Some things never change.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 4, 2011 09:46

i posted this at the other thread, but the discussion is good, the interviewer is an old austrian popmusician who named himself Tom Petting (& die Herzattacken (heartattacs)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home