Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones noses
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: April 23, 2014 01:57

No doubt the talking point of most social gatherings and as such needs a thread here I believe.

What happened to Mick's nose? From side on nowadays it's got a real bump in it. When (he was) younger I never see it?

Keith I know broke his apparently in mid step after not sleeping eight days or something which is a shame as his nose was a cracker. Now it's just a 5 out of 10 job. Down from a 10.

Micks was 9/10 but now only a 4 I think...

Charlie's is the same. Started with a 6/10 but seeing as he didn't mess it up he gets a bonus point and moves onto a 7.

Ronnie's is a Concord. A 3 at best. Extra point cos he laughs so often his smile detracts from his honker. Moving onto a 4.

Well.
There it is.

Re: Rolling Stones noses
Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: April 23, 2014 03:22

Well, aging combined with a bohemian lifestyle implies a lot of morphological and aesthetic changes, but I suppose that this makes them even more charming. Why worry about that? I guess that a delicate little nose, in terms of classic canons of beauty, is much more important to women. Ronnie's nose wouldn't fit on Grace Kelly face, that's for sure.

I read in a mag (sorry I don't remember any further detail, it was more than 25 years ago, and I can't tell how reliable it is) that the Stones once rented a studio under the fake name of “Running noses”, for privacy reasons. God knows how many “snowy moonlight miles” they must have run in all these decades, and that leaves marks...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 23, 2014 03:59

Ive heard that your nose and ears never stop growing.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: April 23, 2014 04:14

ryanpow
YEP

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 23, 2014 04:28

ryanpow

I've heared heavy throbbers never stop .... itching. any truth in that?

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: April 23, 2014 04:57

ryanpow

Then Keith will end his glorious career as a goalkeeper

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 23, 2014 05:24

I've heard too that ears keep growing, but not noses. I think it's more that your head shrinks, so the ears look bigger?

Aye, aye, aye...I can't believe that we've come to this....

But, Keith did once have the most lovely nose.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 23, 2014 05:26

Fascinating.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 23, 2014 05:35

Mick and Keith have been replaced like 5 times, thru the years. eye popping smiley

I guess Charlie was never replaced. Maybe just cloned.

[doppels.proboards.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 05:40 by MingSubu.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2014 06:49

<<Ive heard that your nose and ears never stop growing.>>

Who nose.... I suppose it's fortunate then that the human lifespan has a cap on it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2014 06:55

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2014 07:33

Date: April 23, 2014 07:47

....................................... Nankerin'

ROCKMAN

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 23, 2014 07:55

I'm guessing that Mr. Bean is going to appear at some point in this thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 07:56 by josepi.

Date: April 23, 2014 08:12

Ronnie nosin' around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 10:36 by stonehearted.

Date: April 23, 2014 08:13

Heavy throbbers rarely itch Open-g. This is due to the as yet never heard planned B side to the never released "Sister morphine" single "Auntie antibiotics".

Trying to find that recent pic of Mick talking to Jack Nicholson. That shows Mick's nose issue clearly. Something needs to be done.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2014 08:34

Date: April 23, 2014 09:24

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................. Nanker

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 23, 2014 09:30

Thanks, Rockman! Never seen that Bill doing a 'nanker'... It must've been a funny interview/occasion.>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 09:59

I think while their early noses were good, it wasn't until Mick Taylor arrived with his melodic nose that they went from good to great in the nose department.
Now that his nose is back, they have stepped above their competition. His nose is not a caricature like the other guys, but it's a good, honest nose that brings with it a touch of humility to counteract the outrageous noses of the other guitarists. I don't care for all this talk of ancient nose weaving, much better to have separate rhythm and lead septums.

Date: April 23, 2014 10:13

Hahaha yes. Well said. Typed I guess.

Never seem the Bill or Keith pics till now. Keith looks like a Jem H'Dar from Star Trek Deep Space 9.am that body has been lived in.

Especially the nose smoking smiley

Date: April 23, 2014 10:39

The line-up in profile.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 23, 2014 11:30

Next logo will be of a nose. Fifty sniffs tour. A five day journey thru Europe.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 23, 2014 11:38

So how did Keith damage his good looking nose? I know the story of how he fell asleep and fell. But I also know the other stories of how he fell and climbed etc. What do you think is the real deal? Anita (in the state she and Keith was back in the late 70s) punched/pushed/hit him? Marlon accidentally hit him with some toy? I have no idea, just speculating.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 23, 2014 11:48

Who nose?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:02

Redhotcarpet
So how did Keith damage his good looking nose? I know the story of how he fell asleep and fell. But I also know the other stories of how he fell and climbed etc. What do you think is the real deal? Anita (in the state she and Keith was back in the late 70s) punched/pushed/hit him? Marlon accidentally hit him with some toy? I have no idea, just speculating.

According to Keith, during the ER sessions he reached his record for how many days he could go without sleep; he claims he was up for 9 days straight and admits that a lot of "chemistry" was involved to achieve that record. Ultimately - says Keef - he passed out and crashed his nose into an amplifier. It's never been fixed, obviously.

Date: April 23, 2014 12:05

Redhotcarpet

Didn't he get a falling loudspeaker on it?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:05

Just wanna say it's pretty damn refreshing to see a topic discussed here that really deals with something IMPORTANT. Who wants to guess how many pounds of pharmaceutical "refreshments" have gone up Keith and Ron's snouts?

Date: April 23, 2014 12:07

I read he fell asleep mid step and cracked it on the mantle piece. That's from Keith. So probably a more reliable source could be found.

Anyone know that pic of Mick with J Nicholson?

Posted by: connection91 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:24

Do you thing that at 70 you have the same face as 20. Everything is changing and your nose too, specially when you spent a part of your life crossing borders with 1 kg of coke in each nostril. One more time, where the link with music, is IORR the new Closer magazine sad smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home