Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor - Brooklyn
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 22:46

Does anybody know why Mick Taylor, who guested on every other show, didn't perform at the Brooklyn, NY show? I realize he also didn't play the Hurricane Sandy MSG show but that was only a 2 song set anyhow.

Re: Mick Taylor - Brooklyn
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 22, 2014 23:03

he's got a warrant in Brooklyndrinking smiley

Date: April 22, 2014 23:07

You mean Crooklyn don't you????

Date: April 22, 2014 23:07

He had a solo gig.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 22, 2014 23:09

Fun concert and GC Jr was great!

Date: April 22, 2014 23:13

I find it hard to believe that he didn't blow off a solo gig in Oslo that MAYBE had 100-150 people in the audience.

Date: April 22, 2014 23:19

It was not in Oslo. Spain, if memory serves...

Re: Mick Taylor - Brooklyn 2012
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 22, 2014 23:34

MT played one show in between the London and US 2012 shows - Cadogan Hall in London on November 30.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Re: Mick Taylor - Brooklyn 2012
Date: April 22, 2014 23:53

I would bet something was up in the negotiations. Remember it was getting sticky with lawyers, Bill and other girlfriends. I was at Brooklyn, had a great time. I love MT but wouldn't let it ruin my good time one bit. I saw him later in 2014 and on UTBE, I feel like I was there in California when they first broke out CYHMK. One of the greatest Stones moments in history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-22 23:53 by DoomandGloom.

Date: April 22, 2014 23:54

The Boston and Philly shows were classic MT performances. Boy oh boy, did he inject some new life into the team or what???

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 23, 2014 00:01

Yes, was there

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 23, 2014 01:41

So, we STILL have no definitive answer?? I was at the Brooklyn show and I was PISSED! It WAS a great show, in spite of MT being MIA, and Gary Clark was in top form! A great show! I'm guessing it was about Stones payment to MT...still dicking around with negotiations.

Date: April 23, 2014 01:54

I was at Boston 1 and Philly 1 so I didn't get the choice Taylor but I wouldn't want to follow a band that had no surprises or differences in program. So that's the downside... Really they should all play all the time, sometimes on acoustic, perhaps the recent events will stir up a more intimate show played with love and respect, which they are capable of even outdoors. Really it's Keith stuck in his ways, throwing crumbs instead of a duet with Taylor on Sympathy like Ya Ya's.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 23, 2014 02:15

DandelionPowderman

I guess it doesn't, then (your memory).
There really was no solo MT gig that would have clashed with the 8 Dec 2012 Stones show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NYC.

Date: April 23, 2014 12:43

Chacal
DandelionPowderman

I guess it doesn't, then (your memory).
There really was no solo MT gig that would have clashed with the 8 Dec 2012 Stones show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NYC.

Apparently, it didn't smiling smiley

But he did a solo gig, and while playing No Expectations he made a comment about soon being back with the Stones, no?

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: April 23, 2014 12:51

DandelionPowderman
Apparently, it didn't smiling smiley

But he did a solo gig, and while playing No Expectations he made a comment about soon being back with the Stones, no?

He introduced Can't You Hear Me Knocking by saying he hoped to play it with the Stones soon, and changed the lyrics in No Expectations ('Take me to the airport, fly me to New York'). It was a great show, despite the band having a lot of sound problems. The interplay between MT and Max Middleton was really brilliant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 12:56 by Stoneburst.

Date: April 23, 2014 12:52

<changed the lyrics in No Expectations ('Take me to the airport, fly me to New York').>

Thanks! That was what I was thinking of.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home