Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Bigger Bang ON STAGE experience (in the balconies)...anyone?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 17, 2014 20:58

How was the procedure? Did you buy the tix in advance?
Or were they all given away by a lottery?
I know at least one who won tix in Munich,
gell Roadster? drinking smiley

Maybe some can share their experience how
they were treated backstage/sidestage.
What did you see from above?

Re: The Bigger Bang ON STAGE experience (in the balconies)...anyone?
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 17, 2014 21:06

paid for in advance .good experience . new point of view .treated very well by the crew. free beverages (not really because of cost of ticket)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 22:19

Won the tickets in Munich. Sound and atmosphere were bad up there but it was a special place to attend a show. Don't have much time now but I will tell more later.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: April 17, 2014 22:57

I won the tix for opening day at Fenway and also bought them for the outdoor show in Moncton. I thought it was pretty cool but the first tier was definitely much better than the second tier...especially in Moncton you had a birds eye view of what the band sees....85K fans giving you the love. It was AWESOME...and you also got to see the interactions of the band on stage...Keith came over, looked up and shushed us once or twice when Bobby was doing a solo. Free Booze to boot...

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: April 17, 2014 23:33

We won tickets for Cardiff. I'll never ever forget it. We were in the special free bar with our free goody bags as the sun was setting and it was like being in a dream.
Then we were led behind the stage(!!!) and up to the balconies.It was an overwhelming sight to see such a huge crowd moving and singing along and responding to Mick especially. Wherever he was, the crowd's eyes were too. Beautiful and moving and exciting all at the same time.

Maybe I would have been more critical had I paid. Not sure.There was a bit of jostling for a good position and not all the views of the band were that good.
I'd say do it at least once if you can but there's nothing quite the same as being able to look directly at them from the front of the stage.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 19, 2014 01:49

So far...thanks.

Did anyone take (secret) pictures? Please share...

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: April 19, 2014 15:12

Not in the balconies, but in Memphis (Arena) we were seated behind the stage. I had recently been in a car crash. Nothing was going to stop me from seeing the show. I hobbled in on crutches. My wife noticed the handicap seating was nearly empty. Right over the stage. Her job involves working with special guest from State and Federal offices. She is use to handling all kinds. She approached the usher. Next thing I knew we were seated right over the stage. Ronnie's side,
After the opening act finished we were able to watch every thing that took place back stage. When the lights went down we could see the Stones coming up the stairs. First was Keith, he was a true gentleman. Shaking all the BS crews hands. Charlie followed, he was all grins and behind him was Mick. He was busy doing stretches like a runner preparing for a marathon.
Ronnie came up the other side with his, as of then wife, Joy. She spent the entire evening working as Ronnie's roadie. Seeing everything taking place on stage and behind was fantastic. During the time before the encore was very enjoyable. Keith 'hot boxed' a cigarette. Mick changed shirts and everyone was laughing and seemed in great spirits. All in all a great evening. I could have at time reached down and touched one of them. Of course my wife would have had to hold me by my belt. Just fun to see the 'other' side of a show. Plus, watching the reaction of the crowd was a experience. I did like the inter-action between the Stones, the roadies and the rest of the crew. Wish I could have this type of seating at every show.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 19, 2014 17:16

deeppurple
Not in the balconies, but in Memphis (Arena) we were seated behind the stage. I had recently been in a car crash. Nothing was going to stop me from seeing the show. I hobbled in on crutches. My wife noticed the handicap seating was nearly empty. Right over the stage. Her job involves working with special guest from State and Federal offices. She is use to handling all kinds. She approached the usher. Next thing I knew we were seated right over the stage. Ronnie's side,
After the opening act finished we were able to watch every thing that took place back stage. When the lights went down we could see the Stones coming up the stairs. First was Keith, he was a true gentleman. Shaking all the BS crews hands. Charlie followed, he was all grins and behind him was Mick. He was busy doing stretches like a runner preparing for a marathon.
Ronnie came up the other side with his, as of then wife, Joy. She spent the entire evening working as Ronnie's roadie. Seeing everything taking place on stage and behind was fantastic. During the time before the encore was very enjoyable. Keith 'hot boxed' a cigarette. Mick changed shirts and everyone was laughing and seemed in great spirits. All in all a great evening. I could have at time reached down and touched one of them. Of course my wife would have had to hold me by my belt. Just fun to see the 'other' side of a show. Plus, watching the reaction of the crowd was a experience. I did like the inter-action between the Stones, the roadies and the rest of the crew. Wish I could have this type of seating at every show.

My first Stones show was at the Memphis Pyramid on April 8 1999, and I was seated behind the stage- a great view for the price.

Was this the same show you were at?
If so it was a very special show, and still my favourite of 13 that I have seen so far.

Date: April 19, 2014 17:29

Paid $500 for the on-stage ticket. Worth every penny too. Before the show I had a backstage pass for the Rattlesnake Inn. I met Michael Cohl (who had given it to me), Alice Cooper, Chuck, etc…but no Stones. They were hanging out just beyond the curtains.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 19, 2014 18:06

You're right TT, we won on stage tix in Munich.
How was it? Well, to sum it up, I wouldn't have paid for it, but attending over 25 shows at the ABB tour and winning it in the lottery, it was worth a try.
After receiving a text message we had to go to a meeting point from which we were led to a room with drinks, goodies etc. Then a backstage walk (that was probably the best part) up to the balconies. The view was quite restricted and the security was very tight (don't touch this, don't do that, don't lean over the rails etc.). Not much interaction with the band, but the view of the crowd was great, but it was like being seperated from the show.
As said if you're attending multiple shows, as we did, you can try different spots in the audience (up front, b-stage, at the catwalk and if you're lucky to win on stage).
I never would have paid for being on stage (well maybe if it would have been a really "on stage" ticket..hahaha), but it was one part/spot on the journey. If you get it for free and it's not the only show you go to, then do it.

Date: April 19, 2014 21:39

jammingedward. No, it was Dec.03 '05. It was at the FedEx Forum. I almost went to the '99 show at the Pyramid. I went to Tampa instead. My hometown. '99 was a great tour. Love the video of them taking the stage and the set list. Plus, I like the stage. Wish they had released a DVD of that tour. I almost did not go. I saw them a few times in '97. I was thinking it was a part of the same tour. Boy was I surprised!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-19 21:43 by deeppurple.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 20, 2014 02:29

Hollywood Bowl shows were fantastic!
Lots of movie stars there, overwhelmed by Jagger performance. Watts was solid.
Keith and Ronnie were underwhelming.
Adam Levine and Maroon 5 opened.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: April 20, 2014 04:21

Saw the Pittsburgh show at PNC Park from those seats and it was awesome. Before the show a woman from the tour was offering other seats if we weren't happy.
It was a cool place to watch the show. Sound was decent, but not great.
We didn't have seats as I remember, standing as a group at a railing.The bar was great too.
It was fun and we didn't pay $500, maybe $250 tops, but I think it was less.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 20, 2014 12:08

deeppurple
Ronnie came up the other side with his, as of then wife, Joy. She spent the entire evening working as Ronnie's roadie.

It took me the longest time to figure out that you meant Jo - funny how one letter makes so much difference!
And/Or how quickly we forget, and/or how seriously undercaffeinated I am. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I know you just put that in to see if we were paying attention - I was I was, and am happy you had such a brilliant time.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: April 20, 2014 16:27

deeppurple
jammingedward. No, it was Dec.03 '05. It was at the FedEx Forum. I almost went to the '99 show at the Pyramid. I went to Tampa instead. My hometown. '99 was a great tour. Love the video of them taking the stage and the set list. Plus, I like the stage. Wish they had released a DVD of that tour. I almost did not go. I saw them a few times in '97. I was thinking it was a part of the same tour. Boy was I surprised!

I saw them at Wembley only a few months after on the resumed Bridges To Babylon tour, and they certainly did feel like two completely different tours!
I also really wish they would have released a live DVD from the No Security tour- every other recent tour has been documented but this one, and it was the best...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 20, 2014 16:50

I won a pair to Toronto '05 I think, but sold them before the show as I already had bought floor seats.

Date: April 20, 2014 17:31

with sssoul. Sorry, I knew her name was Jo. I have a Joy in my family. Freud would understand. winking smiley Yes, it was a fantastic night. Not one of the better shows set list wise but the last show of that leg and everyone was relaxed and having a great time. Fun to watch. Jo was nursing Ronnie all night. She was a rock. She was there for him and it showed. Being in Memphis was a blast. I enjoyed our stay and seeing the Stones was just the frosting on the cake. The Stones were at the Peabody. I met Daryl, Bernard and Tim Ries. Just shook hands with them. Bernard was in the lobby. He was so approachable and truly a great guy. Ran into the others as they darted out a side door for the Forum. They were nice enough to stop and speak.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 21, 2014 05:06

I did the On Stage thing in Louisville. It was nice because it was pouring rain and we ended up being the only people with some shelter. Otherwise, I would much rather be facing the stage.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 21, 2014 06:31

drbryant
I did the On Stage thing in Louisville. It was nice because it was pouring rain and we ended up being the only people with some shelter. Otherwise, I would much rather be facing the stage.

Great gig in my hometown! Rambler in the rain was the highlight!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 21, 2014 13:55

TooTough
So far...thanks.

Did anyone take (secret) pictures? Please share...

I remember some photos posted on iorr.org but I cannot remember where.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home