Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Rank the guests so far
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:10

My top three

1. Dave Grohl (partially because i was there and saw how good it was)
2. John Fogerty
3. MT at Staples

Re: Rank the guests so far
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:13

1. Mick Taylor
2. M. Taylor
3. M.T.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:17

What are we doing here...best to worst, worst to best...I'm lousy without parameters...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:25

1. Lady Gaga
2. Taylor Shit
3. That American Idol chick.

The criterion: most entertaining (of which the so called ass factor has a lot of do with).

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 20:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:33

Doxa
1. Lady Gaga
2. Taylor Shit
3. That American Idol chick.

The criterion: most entertaining (of which the so called ass factor has a lot of do with).

- Doxa

Oh shit, I forgot that Kate Perry girl... she has also substantive attributives to entertain this Vegas fan (so the factor is a bit bottom up).

- Doxa

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:40

How about naming a decent guest,apart from Mick Taylor?

John Fogerty maybe,in my opinion,but that's it for me.

MT on all shows doing 4 songs or more would give me real satisfaction. winking smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:44

just three faves thus far

Date: June 7, 2013 20:53

I hate Tom Waits... he writes some good songs but he shouldn't be performing them...

But I thought he was great on Little Red Rooster. Very Howlin' Wolf

Tom Waits #1
Florence Welch #2
John F #3
Eric Claptonia #4
Mick Taylor #5

Hows that?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 7, 2013 20:58

Great:

Mick Taylor
Florence Welch
Tom Waits
Katy Perry
Lady GaGa
John Fogerty
Dave Grohl

Good:

Bill Wyman
Taj Mahal
Mary J. Blige
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark
John Mayer
Bonnie Raitt
Bruce Springsteen

ok:

Taylor Swift
Cheryl Crow
Black Keys

Bad:

Gwen Stefani
American Idol Chick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 21:02 by Send It To me.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 7, 2013 22:50

1.- Springsteen.
2.- Welch.
3.- Waits.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 7, 2013 23:15

Springsteen without a doubt!!! Rocks two greatest frontmen on stage! Not even close. It's about passion and energy!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2013 23:44

birdie
Springsteen without a doubt!!! Rocks two greatest frontmen on stage! Not even close. It's about passion and energy!

A decent song choice would have helped, though. Tumbling Dice didnt suit the pairing at all. Bruce had just come off an 80 date tour a day before and the Stones had played six shows in five years, and it showed. A great moment for sure but as a fan of both it was a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I wish they'd played 'Who Do You Love' with Bruce instead of with the Black Keys. It would have blown the roof off.

The 2012 guest slots were almost all pretty good and well chosen, I thought. Florence Welch was the one who really surprised me the most though - she was utterly fantastic.

The 2013 guests have varied from the sublime to the ridiculous. If theyre gathering them together for some kind of horrid duets album/DVD concept as some of us fear they are, its shaping up to be some kind of horrible musical hybrid that'll appeal to no one.

Tom Waits, Taj Mahal and Dave Grohl were magnificent. Fogerty, Raitt and Mayer were also very good. Crow should have been good but it was a sub-par performance from her (like the Miami PPV in 94 when she butchered Live with Me, it was a poor song choice). Perry wasnt as bad as I thought it would have been. Underwood was awful and while Swift was a bit more palatable in reality than it threatened to be, the very thought of her sharing a stage with the Stones is one of the most cringeworthy episodes of their career. Stefani isnt a bad singer but her performance was a trainwreck - although no doubt they'll find someway of getting her to overdub the right lyrics for an official release so that most of the ten people who will buy it will be oblivious to what an abortion she made of the song in the first place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 23:45 by Gazza.

Date: June 7, 2013 23:46

Gazza, you missed your birthday thread...we ate the cake without you...

Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 23:48

Brrrruuuuuuccceeeee.....no question! My two favorite, Jagger and Springsteen, playing together. Highlight of a long concert going career. Well worth the drive down from Boston!

Date: June 7, 2013 23:54

Munichhilton
Gazza, you missed your birthday thread...we ate the cake without you...

I didnt...lol

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 8, 2013 00:01

GAZZA ALERT!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 00:04 by ryanpow.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 8, 2013 00:43

Gazza, as (almost) always, your comments are spot on!smileys with beer

Date: June 8, 2013 00:54

Gazza was the best guest of all!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 8, 2013 00:59

Gazza
birdie

A decent song choice would have helped, though. Tumbling Dice didnt suit the pairing at all. Bruce had just come off an 80 date tour a day before and the Stones had played six shows in five years, and it showed. A great moment for sure but as a fan of both it was a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I wish they'd played 'Who Do You Love' with Bruce instead of with the Black Keys. It would have blown the roof off.

The 2012 guest slots were almost all pretty good and well chosen, I thought. Florence Welch was the one who really surprised me the most though - she was utterly fantastic.

The 2013 guests have varied from the sublime to the ridiculous. If theyre gathering them together for some kind of horrid duets album/DVD concept as some of us fear they are, its shaping up to be some kind of horrible musical hybrid that'll appeal to no one.

Tom Waits, Taj Mahal and Dave Grohl were magnificent. Fogerty, Raitt and Mayer were also very good. Crow should have been good but it was a sub-par performance from her (like the Miami PPV in 94 when she butchered Live with Me, it was a poor song choice). Perry wasnt as bad as I thought it would have been. Underwood was awful and while Swift was a bit more palatable in reality than it threatened to be, the very thought of her sharing a stage with the Stones is one of the most cringeworthy episodes of their career. Stefani isnt a bad singer but her performance was a trainwreck - although no doubt they'll find someway of getting her to overdub the right lyrics for an official release so that most of the ten people who will buy it will be oblivious to what an abortion she made of the song in the first place.

Ten? You think they'll sell that many?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 8, 2013 01:29

Nobody remembers Keith Urban?
I thought he was fine. He's a great guitarist.

The best was Florence Welch.

Being a massive John Fogerty fan, I was very disappointed by his performance. The Stones & Fogerty on one stage should have been fireworks.

The worst: without a doubt Springsteen. Although his enthusiasm was appealing. Tom Waits was pretty horrible too.

Respect for Gaga, Swift, Blige & Underwood. Coming from a completely different background, they did good. Especially Gaga who was very entertaining.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: June 8, 2013 01:33

Tom Waits has been the best so far, fun to see Wyman and Taylor, Dave grohl wasnt too bad either, Springsteen was Ok...but Tom Waits is still the king.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: June 8, 2013 01:34

From "wince inducing" to "embarrassing to watch" to "it just didn't work". I don't care who it was, it just doesn't really work, now does it? And I love Fogarty, but it just doesn't work. The only way it might work would be if it was megastar who has a lot of "cred" like Townshend or McCartney or Clapton or Page. And even then it could go either way.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 8, 2013 01:42

Send It To me
Great:

Mick Taylor
Florence Welch
Tom Waits
Katy Perry
Lady GaGa
John Fogerty
Dave Grohl

Good:

Bill Wyman
Taj Mahal
Mary J. Blige
Jeff Beck
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark
John Mayer
Bonnie Raitt
Bruce Springsteen

ok:

Taylor Swift
Cheryl Crow
Black Keys

Bad:

Gwen Stefani
American Idol Chick
also

weak:
daryl jones

lame:
chuck leavell

incredibly lame:
bernard and lisa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 01:43 by Slick.

Date: June 8, 2013 02:25

71Tele
Gazza
birdie

Yes, because there are a few Scandinavian completists who need pressings from several countries, so that should take care of about 8 of them.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:30

Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
birdie

Yes, because there are a few Scandinavian completists who need pressings from several countries, so that should take care of about 8 of them.

Careful, the future of the European Union is on the line.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 8, 2013 02:37

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-08 13:21 by His Majesty.

Date: June 8, 2013 02:38

toronto - june 6

no guest

perfect.

i mean if you aint got buddy guy or someone of that stature and quality, ferget it

Date: June 8, 2013 02:44

I rather have a Rolling Stone..ie Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman then
All the Rolling Stones wanna be guests. Give me the real deal.
No more copies! Haha.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:29

hot stuff
I rather have a Rolling Stone..ie Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman then
All the Rolling Stones wanna be guests. Give me the real deal.
No more copies! Haha.

Copies of what? People are invited to play and they do. Nobody is trying to copy anyone...just having fun.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 9, 2013 02:41

The gorilla drummers...I want them back.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home