Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT---Anyone Know If The New York Dolls Are Still Together...?
Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: April 18, 2014 03:27

Their website hasn't been updated in forever and all the new members left. Anyone know if they are going to record a new album, play any more shows? Or are they done again?

Re: OT---Anyone Know If The New York Dolls Are Still Together...?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:00

Apparently not at this time. Sylvain was recently touring with Glen Matlock. This was discussed about a month ago in a Dolls thread showing a rare video clip: [www.iorr.org]

When I saw them in Boston in 2009 in a small club gig (the Paradise), there were just the two from the original Dolls, but that band they had with them was fantastic and the show rocked, and I would go and see them again if they came around.

Ironically, in their latest incarnation, from 2004 to 2010 or so, they released more albums of original material than they did in the seventies.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:25

Done for now. But the door is not closed.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: April 18, 2014 18:16

Saw the new band many many times here in NYC, there were kinda just a local band and they rocked! There also appeared to be a lot of joy on stage, they looked happy to be playing together. I was sad to hear of Sammy and Steve leaving but the band I saw at the Bowery Ballroom with Early Slick was pretty good too but it wasn't the same.

Posted by: sangfreud ()
Date: April 18, 2014 18:53

I think the tour where they opened for Poison sort of exhausted them. Their lead guitarist and bassist split to support Michael Monroe, the phone stopped ringing for Dolls gigs, a little bit of bad blood happened between David and Syl (who I'm sure would have wanted to keep it going). David's been doing some solo stuff with his guitarist buddy, and some Buster Poindexter gigs. Occasionally he'll show up at a place called Crossroads in Garwood NJ doing Dolls songs backed by a local group called Frankenstein 3000 -- in fact there's a show tomorrow night (4/19). No one's burned any bridges as far as I know, and I'm sorta hoping that when schedules free up they can make a go of it again...

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: April 19, 2014 01:10

Thank you so much for the info!

Wish they would get into The R 'n R Hall Of Fame...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 19, 2014 01:13

sangfreud
I think the tour where they opened for Poison sort of exhausted them. Their lead guitarist and bassist split to support Michael Monroe, the phone stopped ringing for Dolls gigs, a little bit of bad blood happened between David and Syl (who I'm sure would have wanted to keep it going). David's been doing some solo stuff with his guitarist buddy, and some Buster Poindexter gigs. Occasionally he'll show up at a place called Crossroads in Garwood NJ doing Dolls songs backed by a local group called Frankenstein 3000 -- in fact there's a show tomorrow night (4/19). No one's burned any bridges as far as I know, and I'm sorta hoping that when schedules free up they can make a go of it again...
Wow, I love the Crossroads. If I had known this was happening I might have come home for the weekend to try and catch that. Would be an awesome place to see that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home