Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Brown Sugar (Alternate Mix)
Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 6, 2014 02:08

Here is a new mix of the alternate Brown Sugar with Mick Taylor's lead solo's way higher in the mix

[www.dropbox.com]

Re: Brown Sugar (Alternate Mix)
Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: April 6, 2014 15:28

Interesting, where's this from?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 6, 2014 15:36

I think I've heard this one before. Thanks anyway.
Much better than the SF studio version!

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: April 6, 2014 15:43

kleermaker

Everybody is allowed to make a mistake sometimes.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 6, 2014 17:02

Wow!Love it. Thank you for sharing smiling smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 6, 2014 17:24

It rocks! Mission accomplishedthumbs up

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 6, 2014 18:08

It's all about the rhythm

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 6, 2014 18:14

It doesn't sound right to me....their is something wrong.........it looks more like an modern overdub on Mick and Keith's voice...in other words it sounds fake to me...........

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 6, 2014 19:39

Its fantastic. Great work. Still though, as has been said here before, there's really nothing that ever touches the Sticky Fingers studio version. There is something that is really special and as close as this is it still doesn't quite get there.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 6, 2014 19:52

It's real

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 19:56

MT's solo is definitely brought out more here, but its the arpeggio bits that make me love both mixes of this alternate version, not his solo. And the arpeggio bits have stayed at the same level.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:02

Is it this one?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 6, 2014 20:05

This is one of the ten or so takes available. It's great to listen to all takes starting with the one from Muscle Shoals and ending with the final, released take; you can hear what Jagger and Richards had in mind for this track, while trying out different parts like rhythm and solo guitars. In the end all guitars except for Richards original rhythm track are erased, and new tracks are overdubbed by Richards himself.

Mathijs

Date: April 6, 2014 20:58

kleermaker

You can't. This version is mixed a week ago. I also have a mix with the 2 MT solo's panned to the right.

It's the same mix as the one long available, with the exception of the 2 solo's done by Mick Taylor.

In this version his solo's are mixed much louder.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:02

good version but not good as the sf one.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:20

The arpeggios are nice but unnecessary and fine as Taylor's solos are-the sax solo was the better choice. The officially released BS has a stripped down funk missing from this alt. version as nice sounding as it is. The SF version is classic for a reason and after listening to this alt. version remix, although it sounds great, its clear the Stones made all the right deccisions in the song's evolution to its completion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 22:40 by big4.

Date: April 6, 2014 22:13

kevinkamphuis
kleermaker

You can't. This version is mixed a week ago. I also have a mix with the 2 MT solo's panned to the right.

It's the same mix as the one long available, with the exception of the 2 solo's done by Mick Taylor.

You're totally right. I love it better than the first version and of course better than the dull SF version with that sax. But the best renditions of this song are given during the 1970 tour.

Date: April 6, 2014 22:38

kleermaker
You're totally right. I love it better than the first version and of course better than the dull SF version with that sax. But the best renditions of this song are given during the 1970 tour.

Yes indeed! The Paris 1970 version is smokin' hot with the classic MT outro solo...also I like the 1973 versions very much (with the Rotterdam Okt 14 version as absolute hightlight!)

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: April 6, 2014 22:43

Charlie's drums sound awesome in GasLightStreet's version.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:34

kevinkamphuis
kleermaker

Errrrr, this version has been available for 20 years. It's totally and utterly not interesting when you or me take an outtake and remix it with an audio tool. In fact, you are ruining musical history by making your own mixes, with 'the two solo's now panned to the right'.

Really, it's as interesting as dubbing fart sounds over a bad 1976 audience tape.

Mathijs

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:40

Mathijs
kevinkamphuis
kleermaker

Errrrr, this version has been available for 20 years. It's totally and utterly not interesting when you or me take an outtake and remix it with an audio tool. In fact, you are ruining musical history by making your own mixes, with 'the two solo's now panned to the right'.

Really, it's as interesting as dubbing fart sounds over a bad 1976 audience tape.

Mathijs

True & funny.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:40

big4
The arpeggios are nice but unnecessary and fine as Taylor's solos are-the sax solo was the better choice. The officially released BS has a stripped down funk missing from this alt. version as nice sounding as it is. The SF version is classic for a reason and after listening to this alt. version remix, although it sounds great, its clear the Stones made all the right deccisions in the song's evolution to its completion.

I totally agree. thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:50

I've always loved the Eric Clapton version.....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:23

Mathijs

Mathijs

Agree with you Mathijs.

I heard this version in the very early 80's on a tape including crackles (acetate ?), it was later released on LP "Diverse Harmonics" and finally with excellent sound on CD Time Trip Vol. 1.

So nothing new, and I am very tired of all these people who claim that they can "remix" and "remix" and "re-remix", or separate instruments from a mono tape.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 7, 2014 03:56

LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs

Mathijs

Agree with you Mathijs.

I heard this version in the very early 80's on a tape including crackles (acetate ?), it was later released on LP "Diverse Harmonics" and finally with excellent sound on CD Time Trip Vol. 1.

So nothing new, and I am very tired of all these people who claim that they can "remix" and "remix" and "re-remix", or separate instruments from a mono tape.

+1
I'd love to hear something new ... but to declare it like this ... uhm, is a waste of time thumbs down(mildly said) moody smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 7, 2014 03:57

LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs

Mathijs

Agree with you Mathijs.

Correct. You can't. Unless of course you have access to the multi-track tapes. That's the only way you can really "remix" anything.

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 18:05

LiveAtHidepark
Mathijs

Mathijs

Agree with you Mathijs.

which version from CD VOL 1 Tim Trip??? Track 6 (Muscle Shoals) ??
thank tou

Date: April 7, 2014 19:22

It's not meant to be "better". It's different than what we have. It gives you an insight how it could sound.

Mathijs

Mathijs

The Stones themselves already did this with the archive release of The Brussels affair. It didn't sound like that in 1973...winking smiley

Date: April 7, 2014 19:26

kevinkamphuis
It's not meant to be "better". It's different than what we have. It gives you an insight how it could sound.

Mathijs

Mathijs

The Stones themselves already did this with the archive release of The Brussels affair. It didn't sound like that in 1973...winking smiley

Yes, and THEY did a bad job.

Date: April 7, 2014 19:30

kleermaker
kevinkamphuis

Mathijs

Mathijs

Yes, and THEY did a bad job.

On BS??

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home