Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Black & Blue sessions
Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:01

Listening to this great album tonight with a few beers. Some wonderful songs including those inspired by Ronnie & Billy Preston. Maybe the guys should dip into one for the Euro tour. Anyone got any out takes from this session they could lead me to.
Cheers

Re: Black & Blue sessions
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 01:53

was listening to some of the live stuff recently on youtube from black and blue.

not my favourite album by a long way but some good footage and sound quality is easily available on youtube.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 10, 2014 02:03

B&B sessions take from March/April 1975.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 10, 2014 03:10

Crazyhorse
Listening to this great album tonight with a few beers. Some wonderful songs including those inspired by Ronnie & Billy Preston. Maybe the guys should dip into one for the Euro tour. Anyone got any out takes from this session they could lead me to.
Cheers

Munichland melodies..................[www.filefactory.com]

Artwork............[www.dbboots.com]

Also, Black'n'blue sessions.......[www.filefactory.com]

Artwork............[www.dbboots.com]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 10, 2014 07:29

Found this playlist on Youtube.

Date: April 10, 2014 09:23

MingSubu
Found this playlist on Youtube.

That is to say,Too Tough..

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:06

Cheers Guys. Mucho thanks for the updates, etc.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 08:00

Loved this band so much at this time of their history people I'm sure thought I was partially nuts! Everything revolved around the Rolling Stones! And I'd been like that for quite a while. Hated learning that M.T. had left like I'd earlier hated to hear Brian Jones had left/died. Ronnie Wood has never truly filled the void as I could run into him any time and it wouldn't raise much of a sweat.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2014 10:25

....Yeah even if ya were jogging in Death Valley ???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 11, 2014 18:31

Good one Stonehearted. That's a wonderful take of Fool To Cry. They should used that one on the LP.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 11, 2014 20:54

Goldmine magazine had a great issue on the Black And Blue sessions back in the 1990s. I think I still have it. They recorded A LOT of tracks and only finished, what, well, obviously enough for the record. Two made it to Tattoo You of course.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 12, 2014 00:33

It would be great if you could scan it!

Not that much has filtered from these sessions actually, most (all?) of the circulating material has a single source I believe, a cassette supposedly stolen by French rock journalist Daniel Vermeille...

Some more stuff was culled from the De Doelen rehearsals in Rotterdam with some guys recording from outside the hall or with a mic hanging in the RS Mobile's mailbox apparently! One song I'd like to hear is "English Rose" that appeared as a 1' snippet on these De Doelen tapes...

"Worried About You" and "Slave" were salvaged for TY, but they also worked on "Come On Sugar" (Let's Do It Right) during the ER sessions apparently.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: April 12, 2014 12:21

Do we know or can we guess who plays on Cellophane Trousers. I've always loved it but wondered if it is Ronnie or a.n.other playing with Keith or indeed is it all Keith...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 12, 2014 15:53

From NICO :
750325A 25th March - 4th April: Munich, Germany Musicland Studios. Producer: The
Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Keith Harwood.
Additional musicians: Billy Preston (p, org)/Ollie Brown (perc)/Wayne Perkins
(gtr)/Harvey Mandel (gtr)/RW (gtr, bvoc; 30.3. - 4.4.75)
- Cellophane Trousers I (MJ/KR) -instrumental (uses Too Tough-riff)
- Cellophane Trousers II (MJ/KR) -version I with additional lead guitar.

My guess is that it's Mick and Keith on guitars with Keith playing lead.

Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2014 02:24

gotdablouse
It would be great if you could scan it!

Not that much has filtered from these sessions actually, most (all?) of the circulating material has a single source I believe, a cassette supposedly stolen by French rock journalist Daniel Vermeille...

Some more stuff was culled from the De Doelen rehearsals in Rotterdam with some guys recording from outside the hall or with a mic hanging in the RS Mobile's mailbox apparently! One song I'd like to hear is "English Rose" that appeared as a 1' snippet on these De Doelen tapes...

"Worried About You" and "Slave" were salvaged for TY, but they also worked on "Come On Sugar" (Let's Do It Right) during the ER sessions apparently.

It's in a box somewhere. I have no idea where. When I come across it I'll be sure to scan it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2014 00:00

Thanks, looking forward to reading that!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: April 14, 2014 00:42

GasLightStreet
Goldmine magazine had a great issue on the Black And Blue sessions back in the 1990s. I think I still have it. They recorded A LOT of tracks and only finished, what, well, obviously enough for the record. Two made it to Tattoo You of course.

......... and one made it to Undercover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home