Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are they so greedy ? No live shows for sale online.
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 21, 2013 14:58

Many talked about the tickets price. I have mine for july 6th and paid 400 euros. Quite a sum yes. But you have 85 tix too.
But if the Stones were so greedy they would sell the live shows like Pearl jam, Depeche Mode, Metallica and many others do.They do not.
Imagine the demand on a show like nov 25 with first Taylor appearance (my video on you tube had more than 100.000 views in just a few days without posting it on social networks) and I guess the demand is huge for the LA show last night (many want to see and listen properly to Sway and Cyhmk) with Taylor.
They could sell flac files 15 or 20 $ the show. And I think they should do it.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Are they so greedy ? No live shows for sale online.
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:03

Selling FLAC files of the shows right after for a reasonable price is not being greedy, it's about having guts - and about being certain of
one's performance being good enough before it even takes place
Besides, recording and mixing the concerts is an effort....and there's not such a big market for such downloads. Bands going through the hassle are only doing their fans a favour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 15:13 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:35

toomuchforme
Many talked about the tickets price. I have mine for july 6th and paid 400 euros. Quite a sum yes. But you have 85 tix too.

Just for the record, you don't. Cheapest Hyde Park tix were, I think, GBP 95 which is about USD 140.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:39

Hopefully they'll have the decency to discount the MP3 files in the US...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:42

Post show CDs are cool, especially if they wont let you record, but it does take guts and giving up some control... and Id bet Mick doesnt like doing that.

One of the few shows I ever saw do a sale right after the concert was Slash, and we came home relistened to it, and it was pretty cool... not as cool as buying a simple set camera full stage shot DVD and watching, but still pretty to cool to own the show. I still listen to that concert disc, it rocks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:01

Munichhilton
Hopefully they'll have the decency to discount the MP3 files in the US...

Hardy, har har as bugs bunny might say.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:05

I would love to see official recordings from the "mixing desk".
I have a couple of those "official recordings" from Mark Knopfler, Genesis and the Cranberries. And i play them often. What´s much more fun to have an good recording of the show you went to and relive the show again.
And the artist is not afraid for people who made money of selling a crappy audience recording of the show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:13

They did a PPV show last year, and I am sure they will do another one later on. But right now there is a tour. That is the product. Everybody do know that a video of "chocolate" is not the same as actually HAVING "chocolate". And please replace "chocolate" with something you like a lot. Like the Stones, your wife, Mother in law, snow, flowers, ...

Personally I never watch videos. I prefer the real thing. Only exception is I watch my Buenos Aires shows some times. Exceptional...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 11:05 by bv.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:55

Erik_Snow
Selling FLAC files of the shows right after for a reasonable price is not being greedy, it's about having guts - and about being certain of
Besides, recording and mixing the concerts is an effort....and there's not such a big market for such downloads. Bands going through the hassle are only doing their fans a favour

yes and no. yes about the guts - that's clearly the reason the stones don't do it. no about the hassle. many bands have a small group of lowly-paid employees who put these downloads together. the overhead is minimal and the profit margin is high.

the crowes do this as well as anyone. been listening to the austin show i went to 3 weeks ago....wonderful stuff....THIS IS what rock'n'roll is. for those who think jackie greene isn't up to the task - think again. killer performance by him.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 21, 2013 16:56

I agree BV
I like live acts : sex, concerts, motorcycle
but sometimes you cannot afford the LA trip (not talking about drugs smiling smiley
the audio only is the one for me (THE sound) and I would prefer a proper sound rather than youtube one.
LA 75 official sounds so much better than the LA FRIDAY although that one was the best audience boot we had maybe

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 21, 2013 16:56

bv
They did a PPV show last year, and I am sure they will do another one later on. But right now there is a tour. That is the product. Everybody do know that a video of "chockolate" is not the same as actually HAVING "chockolate". And please replace "chockolate" with something you like a lot. Like the Stones, your wife, Mother in law, snow, flowers, ...

Personally I never watch videos. I prefer the real thing. Only exception is I watch my Buenos Aires shows some times. Exceptional...

the "k" is your chocolate is getting on my nerves....

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 17:29

Well, the Dead enkouraged bootlegging for years, and it didn't affekt their tikket our album sales, in fakt I would argue that sharing aktually promotes. K

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:00

I'd rather have the live recordings properly mixed from multi track than rush-released with a so so sound. I can wait, but I would buy it blind!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:06

GRNRBITW
bv
They did a PPV show last year, and I am sure they will do another one later on. But right now there is a tour. That is the product. Everybody do know that a video of "chockolate" is not the same as actually HAVING "chockolate". And please replace "chockolate" with something you like a lot. Like the Stones, your wife, Mother in law, snow, flowers, ...

...and why does he have to drag our wives into the conversation?!
Let alone videos of our mothers-in-law... (the mere thought... oh, the h-o-r-r-o-r!!)

Date: May 21, 2013 18:12

barbabang
I'd rather have the live recordings properly mixed from multi track than rush-released with a so so sound. I can wait, but I would buy it blind!

you'll get neither and you'll still be happy

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:26

GRNRBITW
bv

Marshmallows are preferred to "k" in my hot chocolate.

Date: May 21, 2013 18:40

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

yes and no. yes about the guts - that's clearly the reason the stones don't do it. no about the hassle. many bands have a small group of lowly-paid employees who put these downloads together. the overhead is minimal and the profit margin is high.

the crowes do this as well as anyone. been listening to the austin show i went to 3 weeks ago....wonderful stuff....THIS IS what rock'n'roll is. for those who think jackie greene isn't up to the task - think again. killer performance by him.

Yes it COULD be done cheap, that's true, but bands/artist like Rolling Stones just wouldn't do it cheap, the same way most female actresses or models won't dress up in clothing that's not incredible expensive. Remember the "RS vault releases".....they hired Clearmountain for the job; even though he butchered many of them releases (especially Hampton) by compressing it. Even me could have done a better job than him, there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 18:43 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 21, 2013 18:44

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

Yes it COULD be done cheap, that's true, but bands/artist like Rolling Stones just wouldn't do it cheap, the same way most female actresses or models won't dress up in clothing that's not incredible expensive. Remember the "RS vault releases".....they hired Clearmountain for the job; even though he butchered many of them releases (especially Hampton) by brickwalling it. Even me could have done a better job than him, there.

at least they did SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

the crowes and phish are the two best touring rock bands out there in my book - and they have been putting out all their shows as souvenirs for years. no frills, no brickwalls, no edits. and their fans suck them down like coca-cola...

Date: May 21, 2013 18:49

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

Yes it COULD be done cheap, that's true, but bands/artist like Rolling Stones just wouldn't do it cheap, the same way most female actresses or models won't dress up in clothing that's not incredible expensive. Remember the "RS vault releases".....they hired Clearmountain for the job; even though he butchered many of them releases (especially Hampton) by brickwalling it. Even me could have done a better job than him, there.

the crowes and phish are the two best touring rock bands out there in my book - and they have been putting out all their shows as souvenirs for years. no frills, no brickwalls, no edits. and their fans suck them down like coca-cola...

I'm not bashing the RS vault releases, 2 of them were a real treat. Just mentioning that they didn't need a famous name like Clearmountain for the job. LA 1975 and Brussels 1973 were fantastic, in any case

Not a fan of Phish or Crowes, btw - but let's not get into that

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 21, 2013 18:53

Every show is available within days as very good audience bootleg. No need for official releases that would be brickwalled anyway... Just have a listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers current tour official bootlegs : they sound plain awful...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 21, 2013 19:30

I think I aree with Erik_Snow, it's about having the guts. YES, they're touring until July, so it makes sense not to bother NOW.

(Although in 1994 they were selling Giants stadium shows, THAT showed guts.)

If they don't put out something from this tour out there - when the tour is finished - I would be very, very, VERY suprised.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 22, 2013 15:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 15:42 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 22, 2013 15:41

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 20:14 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:39

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

I dig phish, their ER is awesome. I did see a bumpersticker, that made me laugh though - "Jerry's dead, Phish sucks, move on"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:06

GRNRBITW
bv
They did a PPV show last year, and I am sure they will do another one later on. But right now there is a tour. That is the product. Everybody do know that a video of "chocolate" is not the same as actually HAVING "chocolate". And please replace "chocolate" with something you like a lot. Like the Stones, your wife, Mother in law, snow, flowers, ...

Fixed it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 23, 2013 13:38

If you mosey onto the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, you will see that some fellow posters such as this dasbyknows character have been kind enough to release recordings of the 2013 shows. Many come with artwork.

Get your "revenge" by getting these CDs free.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:55

MILKYWAY
If you mosey onto the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, you will see that some fellow posters such as this dasbyknows character have been kind enough to release recordings of the 2013 shows. Many come with artwork.

Get your "revenge" by getting these CDs free.

I'm going to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, but I refuse to "mosey" my way there. I think I'll saunter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home