Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: January 14, 2011 20:40

Both are gonna do a tour soon as announced on Ellen yesterday afternoon. Comments.... will he do Songbook stuff? Why is Stevie going out with him on the road. They havent recorded a lp together, is it for money.

Re: Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 14, 2011 20:45

......maybe because she looks like Alana Stewart....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: diego ()
Date: January 14, 2011 21:14

Ah Rod! You go on the road with Stevie Nicks and you won´t go out with the Faces? What´s wrong with you?

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: January 14, 2011 21:15

Maybe Stevie cast a spell on him

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 14, 2011 22:03

I just saw Rod in November in Vegas. It was fun but surprise: It was VERY Vegas-y. Big back up band, singers, horns, violin (that was actually really cool)

Can't really say it was a rock n' roll show but it was a good time. He did a "greatest hits" type set, good mix of well known singles though the years. The guitar was way down in the mix though but the band sounded great! He has a MILFy sax player who can blow with the best of 'em.

Clearly catering to the casual fan and his voice is not as powerful as it's used to be, but I would still recommend it if you have not seen him before.

And...he only played one "Songbook" song: I Get A Kick Out of You. He prefaced it with "Ya know, I'm not just a rock n' roll singer" Not sure if he heard me then shout "You should be!"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 14, 2011 22:04

lettingitbleed
I just saw Rod in November in Vegas. It was fun but surprise: It was VERY Vegas-y. Big back up band, singers, horns, violin (that was actually really cool)

Can't really say it was a rock n' roll show but it was a good time. He did a "greatest hits" type set, good mix of well known singles though the years. The guitar was way down in the mix though but the band sounded great! He has a MILFy sax player who can blow with the best of 'em.

Clearly catering to the casual fan and his voice is not as powerful as it's used to be, but I would still recommend it if you have not seen him before.

And...he only played one "Songbook" song: I Get A Kick Out of You. He prefaced it with "Ya know, I'm not just a rock n' roll singer" Not sure if he heard me then shout "You should be!"
That's why he wouldn't make it in The Faces today. He's NOT a rock & roll singer at all anymore.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 15, 2011 00:47

tipps
Both are gonna do a tour soon as announced on Ellen yesterday afternoon. Comments.... will he do Songbook stuff? Why is Stevie going out with him on the road. They havent recorded a lp together, is it for money.

No, it's not for the money. It's to give us all a little glimpse of what Hell must be like.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 15, 2011 01:40

Rod was a rocker. Mick still is.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 15, 2011 02:28

I find it hard to watch Rod now because I saw him when he was great. He doesn't even MOVE naturally anymore. Sad. I love his catalog up until he started to record " oldies".

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 15, 2011 02:44

luv rod - acting, performing and singing songs like a man his age. kudos to him.

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: January 15, 2011 03:47

I love them both but odd pairing. Must be saving money on the hairdresser.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: January 15, 2011 18:03

Midnight Toker
Rod was a rocker. Mick still is.

Really? At least Rod Stewart is still doing gigs. When did Mick last perform live?

Date: January 15, 2011 21:06

letitloose- Mick makes films and is a diversified performer.Moreover, Mick still writes his own music. Rod does not.Rod hit the skids as a songwriter long ago. Too lazy or his lyrical well is dry as a bone. Rod is a great singer, but watching him perform in the 1970's-1980's and now, he is a whole different performer. Like the old Rod much better when he actually ROCKED.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: January 15, 2011 21:18

Hi Toker, I actually agree with you. Its a shame that Rod got lazy and did the American Songbook shite.....and yet, you cant change the fact that he is out there singing - and Jagger is doing F.A. - oh and movie scores and acting dont count in this context - we are talking rockers, right!

Date: January 15, 2011 22:58

letitloose- right on my man.!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 15, 2011 23:01

Maybe they are in love ?????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 16, 2011 23:43

Rolling Hansie
Maybe they are in love ?????

Rod is about as likely as Mick to fall in love with a woman who's in her 60s.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 01:47

i fell in love with her along time ago,,, what a beautiful lady

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 17, 2011 01:52

He has a MILFy sax player who can blow with the best of 'em.

Sax or otherwise? LOL smileys with beer

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 17, 2011 02:41

I have to wonder who put this package together. These are two artists I normally wouldn't group together. Is it just a matter of market research determining who would appeal to audiences of a certain age?

It just doesn't seem like a natural to me.

Posted by: mrgrowl791 ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:15

loog droog
I have to wonder who put this package together. These are two artists I normally wouldn't group together. Is it just a matter of market research determining who would appeal to audiences of a certain age?

More so than Robert Plant and Allison Krauss?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:18

loog droog

Actually sounds like a pretty good marketing plan. They have a lot of simialar style material and fans and these days it'll take both acts to draw a full house.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 17, 2011 03:19

loog droog

seems like a perfect fit to me. rod tends to draw mostly female audiences and stevie's always been popular with the guys. i think this will draw well.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 17, 2011 20:42

Rod recorded a fairly good version of the Stevie Nicks song "Stand Back" that was first released in 1993. That shows there is some admiration for each other's musical work with the two of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home