Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bobby Keys in Chicago
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:01

I've been a little out of touch and found out last minute that Bobby has played with Tributasaurus, a cover band that "becomes" the Rolling Stones on Dec 31, 31st and again tonight.

It's last minute but is anyone going to Tonight's show at Fitzgerald's in Berwyn? I may go late and by myself. Otherwise, anyone go to the shows the last two nights?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-04 07:29 by little queenie.

Re: Bobby Keyes in Chicago
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 2, 2011 05:06

the one on roosevelt road?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 2, 2011 05:44

I woulda been there if I could. Looking forward to hearing about the shows.
If they were as good as the last one, sha-zaaaaam!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 2, 2011 06:48

Saw Bobby play with a Stones tribute band in Vegas years ago. I didn't realize he was still doing that. Must need the money.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: January 2, 2011 08:26

I also was planning on going myself tonight, but called Fitzgerald's around 5:00 and they were sold out. Would've been a great way to start the new year out smiling smiley

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: January 2, 2011 09:05

I spent my New Years Eve at the Tributosaurus show at Martyrs' club.
The band is a collective of excellent Chicago musicians who 'become' a different band each week. Over the New Years weekend they were the Stones, with Bobby Keys on sax. They played 4 sold out shows.
Bobby was in great form and the band was superb in recreating the Stones' music. To hear Brown Sugar live, as heard on the original recording, was a real treat, the intro especially. Although, the highlight for me was Memo From Turner. Dare I say, on a few tunes, Tributosaurus sounded better than the Stones.
Included in the set list were
Live with Me
Miss You
You Can't...
Brown Sugar
Rocks Off
Rip this Joint
Beast of Burden
Happy
Waiting on a Friend
Honky Tonk Woman
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Satisfaction
Far Away Eyes
Paint It Black (with sitar)
Monkey Man
Memo from Turner
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Photos by Teafoe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-08 17:24 by 3DTeafoe.

Date: January 2, 2011 17:43

3DTeafoe... thanks for posting! Tributosaurus is a great band.... saw them with Bobby Keys on Halloween 2009 at Fitzgeralds & they put on quite a good show.

Date: January 3, 2011 04:05

Bobby he said he enjoyed playing with Tributosaurus because they are such incredible musicians, and not a "cover band".

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 3, 2011 04:17

3D, how come you weren't there last year with LQ and me, and wineaux (did we meet?) :-)

No, really, glad you got to go this year, on the special day...what a killer set list too!!

Next time, we should all go.

Date: January 3, 2011 08:14

3D i'm glad you were there to represent us! thanks for the pics and the setlist! bobby's all clean cut!

i also heard fitzgerald's was sold out but thought i'd go to the 2nd set 'cos if enough people left after the first set, they'd let more people in. but i was by myself, sober (no weed), and it was a far drive....so just held on to my halloween 09 memories and went home...but i kept thinking "we'll see him soon enough with the real thing"

Re: Bobby Keys in Chicago
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 3, 2011 08:38

glad you all had a blast ... little queenie, could you maybe fix the spelling in the title of the thread,
since you seem to be on line? it's Keys ... thanks ...

Date: January 4, 2011 04:11

We'll just have to act a little sooner next time & make sure to get tickets early! Angee, I don't recall meeting you or little queenie at Fitzgerald's, but then again, the drinks were flowing quite well that night! We were dressed as devils with sympathy cards glued to our costumes (get it? Sympathy for the Devil)! There were a lot of great costumes that night.

Date: January 4, 2011 07:34

done, with sssoul! i've seen it written both ways and i assumed the correct one was the less obvious option!

Date: January 8, 2011 17:22

I asked Bobby if we'll be seeing him on the road next year and he replied, "Don't be a bit surprised...".

Photo by Marie Dennis.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 8, 2011 17:53

3DTeafoe
I asked Bobby if we'll be seeing him on the road next year

Was it still 2010 when you asked the question? smiling smiley

Date: January 8, 2011 18:14

It was 2011, but only by a few minutes. So time will tell exactly which 'year' he was refering to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-08 18:18 by 3DTeafoe.

Date: January 8, 2011 23:09

i'm glad to see he was willing to hang at the bar and talk to fans...the last couple of times i saw him at fitzgerald's, he rushed in and out of the green room only

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home