Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Track Talk: Hey Negrita
Posted by: René ()
Date: December 28, 2010 10:30

Comments, input and alterations are very welcome!
________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Negrita
(Mick Jagger / Keith Richards)

Musicland Studios, Munich, West-Germany, April 2, 1975,
Mountain Recording Studios, Montreux, Switserland, October 19 - 30, 1975 and
Musicland Studios, Munich, West-Germany, December 3 - 16, 1975

Mick Jagger - lead vocals, backing vocals
Keith Richards - electric guitar, backing vocals
Charlie Watts - drums
Bill Wyman - bass
Ron Wood - electric guitar, backing vocals
Billy Preston - piano, organ
Ollie Brown - percussion

I say, hey negrita, hey now, move your body, move your mouth
Shake lady, way down south, shake baby, in your home town
Come si chiama, what's your game, I'm just a poor man, what's your name
Shake your body, do it up now, shake your body, move it up now

Hey negrita, hey now, hey conchita, shake it up now
Ah yeah, do it up now, mueva las carreras, do it up now

Flash of gold in your ears, child, flash of gold in your eyes
Saw the gleam in your mouth, saw the steel in your thighs

Bate las caderas, do it up now
Just a momentita, not so fast
I need money, my sweet ass
I say: Listen I'm a poor man, my pay is low, here's one last dollar and then we go
One last dollar, she say, I got my pride
I'm gonna cut you balls, boy, I'm gonna tan your hide

Ooh, hey negrita, hey now, what’s the matter boy
Hey negrita, do it right now, come on, boys

Shake it up, shake it up, shake it up now
Hey negrita, hey now, hey negrita, hey now, hey negrita, hey now
Hey negrita, hey now, hey negrita, hey now, hey negrita, hey now
Do it up right now…

Produced by The Glimmer Twins

First released on:
The Rolling Stones - “Black And Blue” LP
(Rolling Stones Records COC 79104) US, April 15, 1976

Re: Track Talk: Hey Negrita
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 28, 2010 10:45

He He.. we sort of made fun of that song back in 1975.. thought it wasn't worthy of being a Rolling Stones song kind of...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 28, 2010 11:06

>> thought it wasn't worthy <<

LoFL: and that's just one reason why they're the Rolling Stones and you aren't spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
what a great groove and what a splendid riff - the sound and shape of this just shine
no wonder Ronnie got the gig :E

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 28, 2010 11:28

There's some real cool guitar-riffs in Hey Negrita, the sound of 2 duelling guitars....I think the riffs came even more to shine while live in concert, 1976. So I like the song
But in the beginning I thought it was the weakest track on Black & Blue. It wasn't before I got to hear the live versions that I was made aware of the cool guitar-groove....because song/melody itself seems somewhat stranded

Date: December 28, 2010 11:48

I fell in love with this track the first time I heard it. The groove is fantastic. The musical influences are very interesting. Listen to the middle eight where Ronnie is playing those carribean-esque riffs - awesome.

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:04

Great track. Always loved this one....

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:07

Besides "Memory Motel" and "Hand of Fate" the best of "Black and Blue". A rhythm-based guitar duett with strong percussion moments. I think a Ronnie influenced track, worth of an extended live version with a extended solo like 75/76. Hope we hear it again on the next tour.

Date: December 28, 2010 12:24

with sssoul
>> thought it wasn't worthy <<

LoFL: and that's just one reason why they're the Rolling Stones and you aren't spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
what a great groove and what a splendid riff - the sound and shape of this just shine
no wonder Ronnie got the gig :E

Hey, I'm very often referring to what I thought back to when it happened (we who are fans since 1964 can do such things), not what I think of the songs nowadays..and Yes, today I think it's that brilliant that you describe...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:25

very good track , excellent rhythm

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 28, 2010 12:30

Back then: I didn't liked it
Over the years: As Erik_Snow describes the guitars are great

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 28, 2010 13:02

>> Hey, I'm very often referring to what I thought back to when it happened (we who are fans since 1964 can do such things) <<

peace, Come On - what i wrote was lighthearted and not an insult
(they are the Rolling Stones and ... well, never mind, if it hurts your feelings! :E)
besides: i'm a "first wave" fan too. so have some popcorn and swing on

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2010 13:28

Great intro riff by Ron.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 28, 2010 13:29

Come On
He He.. we sort of made fun of that song back in 1975.. thought it wasn't worthy of being a Rolling Stones song kind of...

Who's we?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 28, 2010 13:53

Loved this one from the word go. It had that great funky Meters groove running through it. However, after seeing them do it 6 times on the 76 European tour it'll be hard to get the hilarious vision of Mick and Billy doing that 'crazy faggot dancing' as John Lennon called it, out of my head.

Pic by SD - Earl's Ct May 76.

Date: December 28, 2010 14:08

leteyer
Come On

Who's we?

We who use to dig Stones-records in the sixties, and were 20 years old 1975 and diggin New Yorks Dolls and Stooges at that time...The Punk was still to come...

2 1 2 0

Date: December 28, 2010 14:22

with sssoul
>> Hey, I'm very often referring to what I thought back to when it happened (we who are fans since 1964 can do such things) <<

(they are the Rolling Stones and ... well, never mind, if it hurts your feelings! :E)

Oh I never thought of being insulted smiling smiley..but did you really thought 'Hey Negrita' was a great track 1975? My fav were Memory Motel and Crackin up'..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: December 28, 2010 14:44

Come On
with sssoul

Oh I never thought of being insulted smiling smiley..but did you really thought 'Hey Negrita' was a great track 1975? My fav were Memory Motel and Crackin up'..

Crackin' up on Black and Blue? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 28, 2010 15:34

Come On

Yes I did, so I guess I'm not part of your WE. Just loved Black and Blue.

In 1975 I attended the Skateboard World Championship at the Long Beach Arena and the "Free Style" champ danced to "Hot Stuff" and we were all hypnotiezed by this guy. What a great song to skate to.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:50

Love it. Great groove, great humor and well-delivered.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:51

I loved Black & Blue.
During the 1976 Stones tour,I was fascinated by the way Jagger could play both role on Hey Negrita :the customer "Listen I'm a poor man, my pay is low, here's one last dollar and then we go " and the prostitute -fan in hand -as well "One last dollar, she say, I got my pride"

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:58

I've always loved this track..showcases the Ronnie Wood guitar sound and style beautifully. Humor, groove, musicality, big funky drums..love it.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:17

Erik_Snow
There's some real cool guitar-riffs in Hey Negrita, the sound of 2 duelling guitars....I think the riffs came even more to shine while live in concert, 1976. So I like the song
But in the beginning I thought it was the weakest track on Black & Blue. It wasn't before I got to hear the live versions that I was made aware of the cool guitar-groove....because song/melody itself seems somewhat stranded

i think the same way . listen to knebworth . i mentioned this before and somebody (probably you ) said the same thing, killer versions of the song in 76 . studio version subsequently grew on me.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:53

Great tune. Good driving tune too. I like the fonky gate of it. The guitars are fantastic. Jagger is funny and he really slurs good. The break is really nice. It's a great dirty song.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:04

SwayStones
I loved Black & Blue.
During the 1976 Stones tour,I was fascinated by the way Jagger could play both role on Hey Negrita :the customer "Listen I'm a poor man, my pay is low, here's one last dollar and then we go " and the prostitute -fan in hand -as well "One last dollar, she say, I got my pride"

According to Keith, Jagger is "a nice bunch of guys."
Maybe he's hermafrodite as well.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:56

good groove, but not much of a song really. I like the middle eight the best, a very nice change.

why didn't they do more funk? It seems like they're all more interested in a wider range of music than they carried out consistently after the 60s. What is there, one reggae-ish number on most albums since Goats Head Soup? Yet keith must listen to Jamaican music all the time.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:57

I don't like talking during the singing. Wasn't this the first rap song in history? I don't like rap music at all.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:09

"Wasn't this the first rap song in history?"

You are joking, aren't you?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:12

dewlover
"Wasn't this the first rap song in history?"

You are joking, aren't you?

Example #1 of How Not to Respond to a Trollish Remark. Score 1 point for kleermaker (who is sure to follow up with an epic reply).

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:18

huh?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 28, 2010 20:25

Favorite song on Black and Blue. Very Stones in Pirate mode. Nasty ass lyrics and groove.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home