Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keef article regarding Stones Tour
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 27, 2010 23:35

Just read today in the Mirror an article regarding the possibility of a new tour:

Stones' Keith, 67, reveals new tour and album plan

The Rolling Stones could be back with a new album and a tour next year - despite having a combined age of 266.

Time is no longer on their side but guitarist Keith Richards, 67, says the fragile foursome are ready to rock 'n' roll again, and to "grow up". He said front man Mick Jagger, also 67, was getting the "itch" following a break from touring of more than two years.

Richards said: "Nobody wants to broach the subject first, it certainly won't be me. If you have to poke the front man to say do something, forget about it. But we met in New York and I kinda got a hint of an itch from Mick so we started to talk about the possibilities for next year. And how to do it, how to make the stones grow up, is our problem. I can't wait to get back to work."

He said drummer and Stones senior citizen Charlie Watts, 69, also had "the glint in the eye" about getting back together with Richards, Jagger and Ronnie Wood, 63.

During a Radio 2 interview, Richards also revealed he owns about 3000 guitars but only uses 15. Most were gifts and the hell-raiser added: "The storage costs more than they're worth. I don't even consider myself a guitar player. I am not a Hendrix or Clapton." The interview is on Radio 2 tomorrow at 10pm.

Make of it what you wil, a whole salt mill is generally required for anything from a British red top. But if all that is in the article is also broadcast tomoz on the beeb then it should give some peeps on here to smile about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-27 23:41 by Monkeytonkman.

Re: Keef article regarding Stones Tour
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 27, 2010 23:48

Do you know when exactly this interview took place?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 28, 2010 00:04

I won't read anymore posts about a possible Tour and wait for an official announcement.

Date: December 28, 2010 00:06

I like your style dude

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 00:26

Yes tour / No tour / Yes tour / No tour..... blah blah blah

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 28, 2010 09:29

3000 guitars??????????????????????'' Share them with your hard core fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 11:24

It's today: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: December 28, 2010 14:15

Thanks for the link. Looks like I got my plans sorted for the night.

something nice to drink and smoke, cuddled up on a winter night, listening to the radio.

Nice tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 28, 2010 14:26

Maybe the portrait mentioned in the blurb below for tonight's interview is by the same guy who posted this drawing in honour of Keith's birthday 10 days ago:

[sebastian-kruger-news.blogspot.com]

We've seen plenty of Keith Richards, the rock 'n' roll maverick, and the legendary Rolling Stone has been commanding even more headlines than usual since the publication of his autobiography. This conversation with Paul Sexton, recorded at Keith's Connecticut home, adds a personal dimension. For Radio 2 listeners, it's "all back to Keith's" as he chats about his incredible life and times in the relaxed surroundings of his own living room.
Sexton has interviewed Richards, and his fellow Stones, on countless occasions over the past 15 years and this is reflected in the candid and often amusing nature of the exchange. Keith vividly describes controversial moments, memorable encounters, guitar heroes and proud achievements - including a memoir that debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list.
Richards describes his house and surroundings as he sits in front of a portrait of himself, revealing that it was created and then presented to him by a close, and very famous, friend. He discusses his devotion to the guitar, including the surprising confession: "I'm not a lead guitar player, basically, and never wanted to be". He also talks about his all-time favourite players: "I wanted to meet Scottty Moore more than I wanted to meet Elvis Presley." He also remembers the solo on a Stones classic that was critiqued by a certain good friend called John Lennon.
The wide-ranging chat also covers the first record Keith ever bought, comic escapades on the road, his adulation of icons from Robert Johnson to Chuck Berry, how the Stones continue to extend the frontiers as rock's ultimate survivors, what they might be doing in 2011, and much more besides - including his thoughts on Mick Jagger, his creative partner of nearly half a century.
The two hours are packed with colourful stories of an unparalleled life and illustrated with some of the best music of the past 50 years, made both by Keith and some of his own idols.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 28, 2010 14:31

Looking at the small picture of Keith and Sexton,it looks like the interview has been done before winter and even fall. That interview is probably good but not very recent.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:42

Well, I still believe in what keef says ; )

But yeah, official announcments are way mroe intressting than rumors thats been going on for 3 years, haha!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:59

There will not be any official announcement until long after you have seen most of the actual tour dates and facts here on IORR. Like it has happened with every tour the past decade or so.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:22

...so if the BBC interview is at 22:00 hours...does that mean if we're in the States we should tune it at 5:00PM/17:00 east coast time?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:40

Depends on the country you're in.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 28, 2010 22:46

If I read BV well in btw the lines or words, it seems to be a yes for a tour.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 29, 2010 00:51

Tour is gonna happen, for sure.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 29, 2010 03:38

Yes, mickscarey, eventually is a possibility.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home