Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Paul McCartney to play 100 club
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: December 14, 2010 18:37

[www.nme.com]

These tickets may be hard to come by...

Re: Paul McCartney to play 100 club
Date: December 14, 2010 18:50

Sir Paul McCartney to play 100 Club gig in London

Sir Paul McCartney is to play his smallest gig for more than 10 years at the 100 Club in London.

The Beatles legend will play at the 300-capacity venue, which is under threat of closure, on Friday lunchtime.

"I'm looking forward to being able to interact with fans on a face-to-face basis, not to mention the smell of sweat and beer," Sir Paul said.

A campaign to save the club has gained support from Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood and Oasis singer Liam Gallagher. During its 70-year history, the intimate venue has hosted concerts by acts including Louis Armstrong, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Sex Pistols, Oasis and Metallica.

It will be Sir Paul's smallest gig since he played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool in 1999, his representatives said. Tickets go on sale at 1000 GMT on Wednesday. The "stripped down" show will be a warm-up for two further gigs - in London on Saturday and in his home city of Liverpool on Monday.

Meanwhile, the campaign to save the 100 Club received a boost recently when Ronnie Wood performed on its stage as part of a benefit concert.

....not sure how much 'sweat and beer' there will be at a lunchtime gig!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 14, 2010 19:07

Same story here but mentions more tickets may be available for his other 2 gigs.........................Sir Paul McCartney is to play his smallest show for more than a decade - with a gig for just 300 people at threatened punk venue the 100 Club.

He will play a lunchtime gig on Friday at the tiny London venue, which hosted shows by the Sex Pistols, the Clash and The Damned in the 1970s.

The last time Sir Paul played such a small concert was when he performed at the Cavern Club in Liverpool in 1999, just yards from where he had played with the Beatles in the early 1960s.

His back to basics "Packed Lunch" show is expected to be an in-demand hot ticket. Gig-goers will be allowed a maximum of two tickets, each costing £60, when they go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday) at 10am.

The future of the 100 Club is uncertain after the rent for the venue - on London's Oxford Street - rocketed in recent months.

Sir Paul is due to play a pair of theatre shows in London on Saturday and Liverpool on Monday, with his 100 Club show acting as a warm-up.

He said: "I've played all sorts of different venues over the years and this kind of show presents a different kind of challenge to performing in a stadium.

Tickets will be available through a ticket hotline - 08442 485077 - or at www.ticketmaster.co.uk.

Extra tickets are also to be released for his shows at the HMV Apollo at Hammersmith in London and at Liverpool's O2 Academy.

Many fans missed out when the main batch of tickets sold out instantly last week, but Sir Paul has now asked for some of his own ticket allocation to be sold to fans instead.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 14, 2010 19:11

Cool,good for Paul and the few fans that might get in.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 14, 2010 19:29

sweetcharmedlife
Cool,good for Paul and the few fans that might get in.

And cool for the 100 club! Talking about publicity!!!

Date: December 14, 2010 19:51

It's such a shame that ticketmaster seem to be handling the tickets.Much better if the 100 club was.................but then again would true ordinary fans get them.Only about 300 available and I'd hate to think half of them go to celebs confused smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 14, 2010 21:04

This really pisses all over the Stones' efforts to help the club, outside of Ronnie's stalwart effort two weeks ago.
The Stones have a much greater connection with the venue, having actually played there in the 80s. Good on you Paul, your hearts in the right place.

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: December 14, 2010 21:22

how can you get tickets?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 14, 2010 21:25

I wish this thread was called: Paul McCartney to pay 100 club
Problem solved.

Date: December 14, 2010 21:50

I would love to think that all the ticket money will go to the 100 Club.Paul has got plenty of respect from me for all he has done in the past ,but does he need that gate money?No! Of course he don't.Is it so trivial to him as not even mentioning that the £60+ a ticket will go to save The 100 Club? We may never know.He may not wan't to say one way or another.That's up to him.Anyway a big thumbs up to the guy for playing there. thumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 14, 2010 21:59

crawdaddy
I would love to think that all the ticket money will go to the 100 Club.Paul has got plenty of respect from me for all he has done in the past ,but does he need that gate money?No! Of course he don't.Is it so trivial to him as not even mentioning that the £60+ a ticket will go to save The 100 Club? We may never know.He may not wan't to say one way or another.That's up to him.Anyway a big thumbs up to the guy for playing there. thumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

300 x 60£ is not enough....the publicity around the gig is more important. And those big names should digg in their wallets...not only talk about it.

Date: December 14, 2010 22:08

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

Date: December 14, 2010 22:12

Agree with you 100% Harm. thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 14, 2010 22:35

Amsterdamned
I wish this thread was called: Paul McCartney to pay 100 club
Problem solved.

Hah .. good one !! Yep, all he'd have to do is write a cheque (a small one for him it would be too), and as you say - problem solved !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 14, 2010 22:38

Silver Dagger
Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

Here we f f f f f f f firkin' well go again, havin' to do battle with Ticket c**ting bastard and all the associated legalised scalping outlets as usual. F**k me this is gettin' tiresome !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 14, 2010 23:30

Full respect for Macca for this.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 15, 2010 01:30

Wish I could see that show!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 15, 2010 02:15

Thank @#$%& i'm nowhere near London this week

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 02:19

That is amazing! What a show that will be. I am sure he will pull out a lot of roots rock covers... That will be an incredible show!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 15, 2010 02:35

This is nuts!!

Great that McCartney is playing the 100 club. Unusual that its a lunchtime show.

Fantastic publicity for the venue, which is much needed.

Now, about those tickets...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 15, 2010 03:34

Sir Paul seems to be everywhere lately. These shows he's doing now will someday be considered historic. The last vapor trails of the Beatles.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 04:32

Yeah tatters, I think this is Paul's last big push of touring...sad, but also exciting to be a fan and get this much from him. Thanks Macca!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 15, 2010 06:18

whitem8
Yeah tatters, I think this is Paul's last big push of touring...sad, but also exciting to be a fan and get this much from him. Thanks Macca!
Yeah I get that feeling a bit as well. But he's gotten such rave reviews and picked his spots so carefully. I do hope he does a few more shows in the States.

Date: December 15, 2010 10:32

Good luck to anyone trying for tickets at The 100 Club this morning.Also at 10a.m. the extra tickets available for HMV Apollo in London and Liverpool go on sale. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 15, 2010 10:41

phew....for a minute i though The Pretty Things concert,
in the evening, was cancelled. eye popping smiley

Date: December 15, 2010 10:58

What a day that would be for music fans.Seeing Macca live at The 100 Club lunchtime and The Pretty Things the same evening. winking smiley

Date: December 15, 2010 12:27

Anybody got tickets? Bloody impossible to get one through Ticketmaster.

Date: December 15, 2010 12:30

Silver Dagger

No, but did pick up a stalls standing for Hammersmith on Saturday!!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()

Silver Dagger

Not a chance....I went in right on the 3rd pip of the speaking clock, hit everything as quick as possible and.....none available. Total time no more than 10 seconds.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Beast ()

Nope - gone in nanoseconds! Predictably, six are already on sale on Seatwave for £550 each. B******S...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home