Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bianca photo appreciation thread
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 25, 2010 08:18

Hey, she wasn't in the circle for long, but she's almost as much a part of the Taylor-era as Taylor! "Mick & Bianca" as a phrase probably endures as much any other Stones-name-pairing - so let's see your favorite images of this languid, mysterious beauty

[www.flickr.com]

Re: Bianca photo appreciation thread
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 25, 2010 08:23

Bianca Jagger plays the part of a prostitute in the 1980 movie The American Success Company......

ROCKMAN

Date: November 25, 2010 08:31

good one Rockman--she's gorgeous in this Rutles clip-from about 1:17

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 30, 2010 04:49

[www.newyorksocialdiary.com]

Bianca cries over my favorite Neil Young song. One more reason to be in awe of this woman.
I confess, she has always been my Stones crush.

How did I miss this thread? I have always believed that this woman was misread. Keith even suggests that in his book. Those clips of Success and The Rutles are wonderful - she's luminous and lovely, but what has always intrigued me is that, after decades of reading about the Stones and their people, Bianca remains the most fascinating and endlessly mysterious Jagger woman. The word "society" "jetsetter" are always attributed to her, and yet she, more than Jerry Hall, truly does come from humble beginnings and unlike Mick and Jerry, seems genuinely iconoclastic. We see the words "aloof" in describing her, yet when you see her speak of politics, you see real passion. Unlike many others in the Stones realm, the more I read about her, the more "authentic" she became and free of bullshit. She loves Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door, her mother read the bible everyday.....I'm always finding out little things that surprise me and this link is a perfect example. I think she was Jagger's equal in ways that no other woman was and I believe she was the one who kicked him in the ass, like Anita was for Keith. I know Marianne fit the myth more precisely, but its not always about what makes sense.
Thank you hbwriter for allowing me to indulge.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-30 04:53 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 30, 2010 05:18

Date: November 30, 2010 05:30

anyone remember the geraldo interview with her on the 1975 two part GoodNight America pieces? If Mick's elusive- she's downright phantom-like-it was incredible TV

Date: November 30, 2010 07:20

hbwriter
anyone remember the geraldo interview with her on the 1975 two part GoodNight America pieces? If Mick's elusive- she's downright phantom-like-it was incredible TV

Before my time, but I read about it in Chet Flippo's book..apparently Mick was pissed that she went on the show. Mick apparently hated Bianca talking about their relationship, which is funny because Bianca was very discreet. What's even funnier is that Jerry Hall was a perpetual reality tv show and it didn't seem to phase Mick, which suggested to me that his relationship with Bianca was a more private matter.
This might be the last photo of the two of them together. It was Bianca's birthday party at 54 and they were separated, but Mick showed up. Mick looks wasted in these photos,and sad. The famous white horse was his gift.

[www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 1, 2010 01:21

Found this on a book called Rolling Stones 365 days.. 1975.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 1, 2010 01:26

HB, you don't have to convince me of Bianca's beauty. He really should have stayed with her and spared himself the aggravation of all the others!!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 1, 2010 02:55

Amazing how it seems to me like he tries to act like her, talk like her, etc..still to some degree today-

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: December 1, 2010 04:27

Bianca was very discreet and an exotic beauty. According to Jerry Hall Marianne Faithfull was the one Mick loved the most though.

Date: December 1, 2010 05:08

mickschix
HB, you don't have to convince me of Bianca's beauty. He really should have stayed with her and spared himself the aggravation of all the others!!

This is one of my favorite Stones subjects, aside from the Mick and Keith soap opera. I could theorize all day about this couple because they fascinate me to no end.

I think they would have been a fantastic couple, still. Her political awakening occurred right as they were splitting and if Mick could have stuck around - maybe he would have matured with a strong woman, as Keith suggested, 'No wonder he couldn't handle it..'

Bianca was apparently fed up with his whoring around....I always theorized that the Margaret Trudeau fiasco was the last straw for Bianca and she initiated the separation...this was hinted at in the Chet Flippo book...Mick seemed bitter about the whole thing because Bianca believed the rumors and the press at the time. It was a public humiliation for her whereas he had usually been more discreet during the marriage... and the funny thing is, Mick was probably innocent in the Trudeau fiasco, which must have really made him bitter. In a High Times article from 1982, Mick said that he didn't @#$%& around as much as everyone thought he did, not until after the divorce, and he said, 'But I don't expect anyone to believe that, Bianca doesn't even believe it...' so the bitterness remained for a long time and it was evident in comments he would make. I think that was the underlying shit in "Respectable" - Mick was railing at the press for linking him to other women..'Go @#$%& my wife,..' etc... and he was pissed that his wife didn't trust him...imagine that? Bianca cut him off, he was hurt, angry and couldn't be alone....and started screwing around with Jerry Hall and that was the catalyst for Bianca to end it.
I think he flaunted his relationship with Jerry Hall for that reason and pretended that it was he who left her and the press bought it. It was easy to believe it then, because she came across as so aloof...but I always though bullshit - she ended it and I don't think he ever got over it. I remember reading about how Mick, after she filed for divorce, cut off all her credit cards, boarded up their houses so she was locked out etc...some really nasty, bitter stuff. I think Plundered My Soul, if you take it as a reflective look back at a lost relationship, is not Jerry Hall, but his confession of guilt in derailing his marriage to Bianca. Its about destroying someone's trust and coming to that realization years later, when you're older, more reflective. Marianne said in her book that she sensed that Mick, in the 80s, acted "like a man who was deeply dissapointed in love". She said she didn't know did it, but my guess has always been Bianca. There is a part of my adolescent self that still, to this day, sneers at Jagger for not being man enough to be with such a beautiful, intelligent and formidable woman.
Yeah, I know, Jerry Hall gave him eleven children, put up with him for 103 years blah, blah.....but alas,
Mick and Bianca were so much cooler.

Date: December 1, 2010 05:28

the life of a mrs. jagger- nicaraguan benefit, forum. 1/73

[unitproj.library.ucla.edu]

Date: December 1, 2010 05:54

Marie
Bianca was very discreet and an exotic beauty. According to Jerry Hall Marianne Faithfull was the one Mick loved the most though.

She also believed Mick married her...(smiley face and wink)
A thing of iconic beauty>
Corrine Bailey Rae used this image for her most recent video.

[www.coverbrowser.com]

And Marie, of course Jerry thought that. In her 21-year old mind, Bianca was the bitch Mick was divorcing for her. I have no doubt Jagger told her as much.
This is all supposition on my part, I don't claim to know the truth, but I love to pontificate and psychoanaylize the shit out of things...
but he didn't display the bitterness toward Marianne that he did toward Bianca and that, to me, speaks volumes. As Chris Rock says, 'If you never hated your mate, then you were never in love...'
Plus, Marianne has already revealed too much indicating otherwise....she doesn't claim rights to him like Jerry does.
In her book, Jerry said that when they met, they were both young, in their twenties.... She was 21 and Mick was in his late 20s!
In the Warhol diaries, he talks about how Jerry - while Mick and Bianca were separated - couldn't figure out why Halson, a close friend of Bianca's at the time, suddenly stopped using her for his runway shows, Warhol laughs and says, 'She doesn't get it...'
Jerry Hall's cluelessness is always a thing to behold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-01 06:01 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 1, 2010 06:05

hbwriter
the life of a mrs. jagger- nicaraguan benefit, forum. 1/73

[unitproj.library.ucla.edu]

hbwriter, I can't open it.....
What is it?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 1, 2010 06:39

mickschix

I think it would have been cool if Mick could have been more dedicated to being a husband with Bianca.... that could have been something very special and interesting.

Date: December 1, 2010 07:09

MKjan
mickschix

I think it would have been cool if Mick could have been more dedicated to being a husband with Bianca.... that could have been something very special and interesting.

Like a sophisticated, funkier Brad and Angelina. Im not saying Mick would have become a political juggernaut, but I believe he would have supported Bianca's efforts. At the time, many people assumed he left Bianca because she was a bitch, a snob and shallow because that was the public's perception of her. We know now that she was much more than that.

@#$%& Bono, @#$%& Sting - Jagger is, I always believed, the most intelligent, perceptive and rational rock star on the planet when it comes to the world, issues. There is nothing naive or misguided about his intellect because its grounded in a certain cynicism, or a sense of wariness, a perfect compliment to Bianca's idealism. As shallow as he sometmies seems or pretends to be, I think he wants to be percieved as being more than a rock star and with Bianca, he could have done that.
You're starting to see it with L'wren, his support of her projects, including participating in a Haitian relief effort started by a friend of hers. I think he would have matured with Bianca in a way that he never could have with Jerry Hall because of the nature of that relationship. Mick is a student of history, politics and, IMO, he might have flourished with a woman who was growing and evolving. Its no accident that since he split with Jerry Hall, his public persona has quieted down and L'wren might have something to do with that.
I don't Mick was mature enough when he was with Bianca, he was a spoiled, adolescent rock star who still wanted play, but his wife wanted more. I doubt Mick knew how to be a grownup - he never had to before. He's like Keith in that respect. But Bianca is the one woman who apparently expected him to be a grownup. Im sure she had to grow up somewhat also. Too bad - because between the two of them, they could have been fabulous and badd-ass. She is much more politically to the left than he is, but they could have been a great balance.
I don't think Bianca would have stood for "Lets Work" and that would have been a start.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-01 07:26 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 1, 2010 07:28

This is what Mick and Bianca were doing when they were supposed to be jetsetting:

So you returned to Nicaragua in 1972 after the earthquake?

Jagger: In 1972, on Christmas Eve we were having dinner in our house in London. The television was on in the next room. Suddenly I heard the announcement that there had been a devastating earthquake in Nicaragua. I rushed to see the news. I tried to contact my parents and couldn't reach them. All flights were suspended. So we decided to fly to Jamaica the following day and from there we took a shipment of medicine in a small charter plane into Managua airport. When we landed, the airport was partially destroyed, and was shut down. There were no immigration authorities in view and there were hundreds of boxes scattered on the runway.

The airport, and surrounding area, was teeming with National Guards. They were making sure the supplies went to the government warehouses. Not far from the airport. there were hundreds of people pleading with the guards in front of the warehouses to let them have access to food and water. It became apparent to me from the moment we landed that the aid that was pouring in from the U.S. and other nations was not going to the intended victims. Only Somoza and his cronies had access to it. People had to put red flags on their doors to proclaim they were supporters of Somoza in order to get access to food and water.

I was anxious to find my parents. Fortunately, I found a British journalist to help us go through the city of Managua. I still remember the stench of burned flesh. There were many fires still burning and I couldn't find my parents. During that period I witnessed the outrageous mismanagement of the aid. Three days later I finally found my parents in Leon. I came back to the U.S. and I urged Mick and the Stones to do a relief concert to raise funds for the victims. They raised $280,000. So I went back to Nicaragua with the intention of building a small clinic with the relief. The Somoza regime did everything not to allow that to happen. In fact, we had a meeting with Hope Somoza. Mick was present at that meeting. There, Mrs. Somoza said, "I am in the process of building a children's hospital and we would be delighted if you would donate the money to help with the construction."

I said, unfortunately, the money raised is American tax-exempt money and we are obligated to the American people to make sure the earthquake relief will get to the intended recipients. I don't think they will be satisfied if we gave the donation to your government. Mrs. Somoza wasn't very pleased and after that meeting I became persona non grata in Nicaragua. She was head of social security and consequently had some measure of control over doctors. Most of the doctors I tried to secure to help with the clinic were apprehensive because she had taken my rebuff personally. In the end, that clinic turned out to be an impossible task. So we donated the funds to a Nicaraguan foundation to build homes for earthquake victims. For many years I was afraid to go back to Nicaragua.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-01 07:30 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 1, 2010 15:02

According to June Shelley in her book, Mick was already bored with Bianca when they were at Nellcote and didn't want Bianca to come on the 72 tour. So that was years before he met Jerry.

Bianca didn't respect Mick's work (It's Only Rock and Roll); the lyrics really sum up their r/ship, along with Luxury; Limousine, and Respectable.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:48

what could have been if mick had stayed with bianca ?who i think was as beatiful as anita was .the two of them looked so good together,it was as if they were identical twins from totally different parents and dna .

Date: December 2, 2010 00:31

Bliss
According to June Shelley in her book, Mick was already bored with Bianca when they were at Nellcote and didn't want Bianca to come on the 72 tour. So that was years before he met Jerry.

Bianca didn't respect Mick's work (It's Only Rock and Roll); the lyrics really sum up their r/ship, along with Luxury; Limousine, and Respectable.

But that's what makes it interesting Bliss.

And Frank was always bitching about Ava....how he was done with her and didn't love her anymore etc....
Mick was used to doing what he wanted, and with a fiery and demanding wife along on tour, he couldn't have his usual randy fun, plus, he also probaly didn't want her drama - because Bianca seemed to be as adolescent as Mick was - remember, they were both in their 20s.

....I read the Shelley book too and anecdotes like that simply make the relationship even more gray because Jagger kept throwing hints in his music that suggested an emotional tug of war between two relentless and adolescent goliaths.

Im sure Mick and Bianca got bored with each other, fed up, pissed off at each other all the time....they were combustable and it was obviously a complicated relationship. From the beginning, they were at war...according to Donald Cammell, just weeks after they began living together, they were screaming at each other, throwing mud at each other - its comical. Bianca also mentions in an early Interview magazine that on their honeymoon, they almost broke up....with Mick threatening to leave her stranded....that's crazy shit.
May Pang recounts an incident where Mick and Bianca go between being affectionate, irritated with each other and pissed and playing games with each other back to affection in the course of one day. Mick acting like he could care less, Bianca starting drama and then when Bianca takes it too far, Mick is a basket case. Bianca was difficult, and no doubt Mick was frustrated, exhausted, but bored..?
In fact, I always thought Jerry was the antithesis of Bianca and why it must have been so much easier for him. Apparently, Bianca was work, with serious father issues which made her distrust everyone, and she has admitted as such. Add to that a man like Mick, who seemed to believe that cheating was his right as MIck Jagger. That doesn't mean the love was not there, as Bebe Buell said, 'He loved her so much more than he ever admitted to anyone.'
Its possible that Mick pretended to be "bored" to mask the fact that he was the more vulnerable one in the relationship. I think Bianca was too much for Mick in the same way Anita was too much for Keith, which is why they found something easier. You can't live like that. But love comes in all different faces, thin-line-between-love-and hate etc... and all that.
It was probably easier to be separated, like in "Till the Next Goodbye".
"Luxury" is about the disproportion of poverty and its juxtoposition with excess, referring to his "wife" needing a new dress and his daughter needing to go to school is Jagger playing the middle-ground soul disconnected from both - the title is not referring to Bianca. And Respectable was a diatribe aimed at the press, and Mick was angry during the divorce. As for "Limousine", the lyrics are full of lost dreams with a tint of bitterness. I just don't think its that simple, Bliss, relationships are not that black and white. I could as easily point to "If You Really Want to be My Friend", "Winter".... the alternate track to "Worried About You", "Ain't No Use in Crying" and the list goes on.... These are glimpses of a very combative, push-and-pull, hot-and-cold, volatile relationship and those are usually the most passionate ones.
One of my favorite anecdotes was from Cher: she talks about a party at Bette Midler's house in the early 70s and Mick and Bianca are there. Bianca is being non-communicative, moody, not wanting to mingle etc...and Mick says to her, 'Why don't you talk to Bette darling, she hates men like you do...'
Bianca replies, 'No, darling, I only hate you....'
Mick was in over his head, like Keith with Anita, but these women, with all their shit, their issues and dominating ways, challenged them like no other. That's interesting.

Bliss, as I said, this is all just me guessing because its fascinating, not trying to write the story of Mick Jagger. Its just fun.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 01:23 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 2, 2010 01:49

Bianca blows Anita AWAY! Bianca was classy, still is...Anita, well, I don't want to be cruel but let's just say she always looked used and abused. Even worse now.
I find it hard to believe Mick loved Marianne the most...he really took off on her when she needed him the most...off in Australia making Ned Kelly, and of course she was so depressed she tried to kill herself. After that, they just fell apart. I don't think Mick wanted the responsibility at that time.. yes, he was very young.

Date: December 2, 2010 03:38

stupidguy2
Marie

She also believed Mick married her...(smiley face and wink)
A thing of iconic beauty>
Corrine Bailey Rae used this image for her most recent video.

[www.coverbrowser.com]

And Marie, of course Jerry thought that. In her 21-year old mind, Bianca was the bitch Mick was divorcing for her. I have no doubt Jagger told her as much.
This is all supposition on my part, I don't claim to know the truth, but I love to pontificate and psychoanaylize the shit out of things...
but he didn't display the bitterness toward Marianne that he did toward Bianca and that, to me, speaks volumes. As Chris Rock says, 'If you never hated your mate, then you were never in love...'
Plus, Marianne has already revealed too much indicating otherwise....she doesn't claim rights to him like Jerry does.
In her book, Jerry said that when they met, they were both young, in their twenties.... She was 21 and Mick was in his late 20s!
In the Warhol diaries, he talks about how Jerry - while Mick and Bianca were separated - couldn't figure out why Halson, a close friend of Bianca's at the time, suddenly stopped using her for his runway shows, Warhol laughs and says, 'She doesn't get it...'
Jerry Hall's cluelessness is always a thing to behold.

Ha! You're right about Jerry.... Shirley Arnold, former secretary of the Stones, said Bianca and Mick were always arguing and always seemed to want to want to hurt each other. She said Mick never seemed to love her, not in the way he had loved Marianne. And then Shirley said Bianca was difficult. Who knows? It seemed he was looking for someone totally different from Marianne when he found Bianca... And something totally different from Bianca when he found Jerry....And something totally different from Jerry when he found L'Wren....

Date: December 2, 2010 04:11

Marie

Ha! You're right about Jerry.... Shirley Arnold, former secretary of the Stones, said Bianca and Mick were always arguing and always seemed to want to want to hurt each other. She said Mick never seemed to love her, not in the way he had loved Marianne. And then Shirley said Bianca was difficult. Who knows? It seemed he was looking for someone totally different from Marianne when he found Bianca... And something totally different from Bianca when he found Jerry....And something totally different from Jerry when he found L'Wren....

True, I think most of us look for something different after each dissapointment or whatever....
I remember that Shirley Arnold quote from one of the earlier books....people saw different things, that's for sure. You also have to take into account that people like Arnold liked Marianne, whereas, Bianca was ....foreign to them in more ways than one.... I believed he loved Marianne, his first serious relationship, but Marianne has said that after a few months, they became more like friends - and his aloofness made it easier to delve deeper into drugs...etc..
But indeed, who knows?
We agree about Jerry Hall ..
There is a Helmet Newton photo of Jerry Hall taken sometime in 79, where she is posing, proudly showing off... a hickey....a hickey! on her neck and leer on her lips...lol....
That says it all. Yeah, she was easier to be with, but, apart from sex, they seemed worlds apart in so many ways. I believe he loved her, loves his children and had a certain stability with her waiting at home etc....
But during his relationship with Jerry, he also seemed restless, unsettled. Jerry once said that Mick was an insomniac, read all night because he couldn't sleep....
Hmmm...maybe he was ...not completely there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 04:17 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 2, 2010 04:46

Love your stories about Jerry..... The comment about during his relationship with Jerry he seemed restless and unsettled is telling. I've always thought that about Mick....but, he's great isn't he? winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 04:50 by Marie.

Date: December 2, 2010 07:40

Yeah, Mick is great from a distance....
He seems to be a handful.

Love this post-divorce photo of Mick and Bianca from 82. They have these pained looks and can't even look at each other. There seemed to be some major unresolved feelings here.....

[www.gettyimages.com]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2010 08:31

smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 2, 2010 11:17

Yes, it's interesting, and I do agree with most of your views, SG2.

I think Bianca wanted and expected a marriage of equals, and in the Stones' world, no one is or was an equal. Mick treated her shabbily, from the hour before their marriage ceremony where he forced her to sign a pre-nup to her divorce settlement, where she got a paltry sum. So she retaliated with scenes and tantrums; I read that she ripped up his silk shirts with her teeth.

Jerry was a lot more tolerant and easy-going but even she got fed up, and got screwed financially as well.

I personally thnk L'Wren is the best woman Mick could be with; she has everything he could want in a woman and he has the chance to experience the rise of her career vicariously, which I am sure he misses in his own career. Not a word of drama or scandal has come out about her in the nearly 9 years they have been together, and you don't read about him pursuing other women either.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 2, 2010 16:49

Well, I do agree that L'Wren is twice the woman that Bianca is

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 2, 2010 16:58

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home