Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Hang Fire
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 5, 2015 03:04

treaclefingers
buttons67
hangfire is quite a catchy song.

but i dont see the similarity with all down the line and silver train, in my opinion i think silver train is much better, all down the line is quite overrated, its not really that good.

how does it feel, in one errant tossed off line, having your entire IORR credibility washed away?

I sense a deep feeling of loss.

Yes, buttons67, how dare you say something less than worshipful regarding what is known to all true Stones fans as a sacred masterpiece, devoid of any flaws whatsoever, or at least none that shall be discussed on this board. Don't you know the rules??!!? Regardless of the muddy production, the uneven songwriting, the over-use of horns and session-players, the general feeling of being barely afloat in its own drudgery, or any of the other criticisms that this album may have faced when it was released, all those claims have been scientifically disproven in the years since its release. And therefore, you are not to say anything negative about EOMS or any of the songs within it. To do otherwise would mean that you are not a real Stones fan. Fall in line, soldier, or ye shall immediately and forever lose your credibility amongst the rest of us!!

Drew

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:39

treaclefingers
Great performance on an otherwise forgettable tune.

The stones have the ability to squeeze a surprising amount of quality out of material that is otherwise not worthy of their canon.

You can hardly call this a 'great' song, but on the other hand it's great to listen to...much better to have it, than not.

Fantastic summation treaclefinger! You hit it out of the park.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2015 16:47

drewmaster
treaclefingers
buttons67
hangfire is quite a catchy song.

but i dont see the similarity with all down the line and silver train, in my opinion i think silver train is much better, all down the line is quite overrated, its not really that good.

how does it feel, in one errant tossed off line, having your entire IORR credibility washed away?

I sense a deep feeling of loss.

Yes, buttons67, how dare you say something less than worshipful regarding what is known to all true Stones fans as a sacred masterpiece, devoid of any flaws whatsoever, or at least none that shall be discussed on this board. Don't you know the rules??!!? Regardless of the muddy production, the uneven songwriting, the over-use of horns and session-players, the general feeling of being barely afloat in its own drudgery, or any of the other criticisms that this album may have faced when it was released, all those claims have been scientifically disproven in the years since its release. And therefore, you are not to say anything negative about EOMS or any of the songs within it. To do otherwise would mean that you are not a real Stones fan. Fall in line, soldier, or ye shall immediately and forever lose your credibility amongst the rest of us!!

Drew

so trew Drew.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 04:11

Hang Fire was stones by numbers before we realized that was going to be the game plan for the decades to come -- it was when Stones by numbers was all we needed to be happy (especially after "Emotional Rescue").
I love the sound of Charlie's drums on these tracks (SG/ER/TY) and as with so much of ER and TY the performance (as treacle says above) are quite good, the songwriting is just a bit lacking.
Back in 81 and 82, though, I have to say I didn't notice and this track was played quite often in my bedroom while I didn't do my homework.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home